[ROM]Sinister Rom [RLV9]-9/12/12|[Ginger Speed] The Final.

What would you like in version 4?

• More speed, and some interesting tweaks?

Votes: 234 81.0%
  • More Honeycomb goodness, e.g. Themes.

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Other (Please post what you want to see)

Votes: 15 5.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

huntingr

Oct 25, 2009
NorCal
Awesome I'll definitely look into it tomorrow. Also I'll make a note to try using bliss parts again. I think I have an idea to get it working.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

For me, native screenshot would make this ROM complete. Is there a mod I can install for it? As you know, the 3D one doesn't work. Keep up the good work Sin!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

sup3rn0th1ng

Jul 9, 2010
WV
Having same issue as above. Flashed rom on Full wipe, loads up on initial flash but whenever i reboot hangs up at boot screen. I've tried this about 5 times with same issue, last time fully wiped SDCARD as well and still same outcome.
Did you use titanium for backing up your apps? Mine is now working fine I just installed a few apps at a time then tried to reboot...

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
This would be the best freakin rom if you can add in landscape home. Think you could add that? It would complete this already amazing rom

mudkipz

May 2, 2011
nj
I can't believe the battery life i'm getting in rlv5 thank you lol

qbanways

Oct 4, 2011
South Florida
This is a great ROM. Great job sin. I cant tell the difference between your 2.1 and a 3.0 port. It has all the features of the 3.0 plus the reliability of a 2.1.

A few quick questions.
1.) Can you include Gtalk with video? Or is their a way to download it?
2.) Is the sprint hot spot cracked?

kingraf01

Sep 7, 2007
Rio Rancho
www.facebook.com
Texting not always working - SMS/MMS issue

Works & looks great except after a couple hours I stopped receiving texts and some wouldn't go thru (only 1 out of every 4-5 that I could test myself) also couldn't send a picture text from the message area. Had to open picture, share as a message and then go to the message and "Try Re-Sending" to push it thru.

Anybody else? Is there a fix? (last radio update I tried was 2.15.00.08.08)

HELP please! This seems to be the issue with the past few Gingerbread ROMs I've tried and yes I've researched the forums, did a complete wipe/reset/etc. and a few re-boots after just to make sure.

huntingr

Oct 25, 2009
NorCal
Works & looks great except after a couple hours I stopped receiving texts and some wouldn't go thru (only 1 out of every 4-5 that I could test myself) also couldn't send a picture text from the message area. Had to open picture, share as a message and then go to the message and "Try Re-Sending" to push it thru.

Anybody else? Is there a fix? (last radio update I tried was 2.15.00.08.08)

HELP please! This seems to be the issue with the past few Gingerbread ROMs I've tried and yes I've researched the forums, did a complete wipe/reset/etc. and a few re-boots after just to make sure.

Not sure if this will help you or not, but do you use Google voice? If so, this may help you. I have heard of some issues with Sprint/Google voice that prevent messages from going to the phone. If so, you could try installing google voice on your phone (reference: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1074006), or changing your Goolge voice settings from your PC - Disable: http://www.google.com/support/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1207078). If you do not use Google voice, I don't think this info will help you. Good luck.

qbanways

Oct 4, 2011
South Florida
I have notice a issue. When I use friendstream and scroll up or down it is very laggy and choppy. Same thing applies to my calender and news. Anyone having the same issue?

huntingr

Oct 25, 2009
NorCal
I can't believe the battery life i'm getting in rlv5 thank you lol

FYI - RLV9 - 6 hours into my day off of the charger (with average use), and still have 86% battery left. I am using a 2200 mAh battery. It's usually something like 60 or 70% when I plug it back in at night.

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011
Next Release

looking forward to next release. This one is fast and stable. Keep up the good work

huntingr

Oct 25, 2009
NorCal
Has anybody seen an issue where the auto-brightness turns itself off and resets the screen brightness to 100% when using the camera?
If you are experiencing this issue, try this:
Go to "Menu > Settings > Power > Power saver settings", make sure "screen brightness" is checked and "Screen brightness settings" is set to "Automatic".
This resolved the issue completely for me, the auto-brightness now stays enabled when using the camera. I don't know why it works, but it does.
I can't take the credit though, I read about it over at The MikMik (http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?6527-After-using-camera-brightness-resets-to-100/page2 - Post #19)... Thanks Mikee.

- - UPDATE - -
This setting did not eliminate the issue, but it did reduce the occurence of it... Over time, it started happening again. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Sinistertensai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 10, 2010
Boston
Google Pixel 6
Has anybody seen an issue where the auto-brightness turns itself off and resets the screen brightness to 100% when using the camera?
If you are experiencing this issue, try this:
Go to "Menu > Settings > Power > Power saver settings", make sure "screen brightness" is checked and "Screen brightness settings" is set to "Automatic".
This resolved the issue completely for me, the auto-brightness now stays enabled when using the camera. I don't know why it works, but it does.
I can't take the credit though, I read about it over at The MikMik (http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?6527-After-using-camera-brightness-resets-to-100/page2 - Post #19)... Thanks Mikee.

- - UPDATE - -
This setting did not eliminate the issue, but it did reduce the occurence of it... Over time, it started happening again. Any suggestions?

Toggle off in quick settings auto brightness go into settings display brightness and select auto. Works for me.

Reactions: huntingr

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
Sin man I love this rom but battery life is horrible I'm on Rlv9 Freedom Aggressive 9. I think my phone isn't sleeping correctly. Any ideas

sharkboy0901

Jun 15, 2011
6b36b8ed-6aa3-7b4a.jpg
6b36b8ed-6ab1-7151.jpg

The first one notice the numbers are only off by seconds

The second one is a graph of today

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This Rom is a tad bit old, none the less I assure it'll be the best sense experience for you on the OG EVO. this Rom may be revisited, depends if the user base builds back up

Before you download!
    Nandroid back up. For best results full wipe.

I am not liable for anything you do with these files

This Rom was built with two things in mind, One Sinister Speed and Two Sinister looks

See post #2 for themes and mods

See post #3 for change log's and Nightly download's/info

I bring you Sinister Rom RLV9!

6c6f6a85-0574-86da.jpg

Info
    apps2SD
    /data/app enabled
    deodexed
    Bash Shell support
    Optimized framework and System
    Sense 2.1
    htc hub connect
    Hot spot hack
    3D Rosie + widgets
    Themed Sense

Download Sinister Rom RLV9

as with all my work a simple thanks will do, but do consider a donation to keep development active, and to further my education (college is pricy!)

thanks
    aamikam
    Team XRON (miss you guys)
    Testers
    Sinister Rom - Mods

- Mods -
    Theme's
    sopL87 Sense 2.1 themes. (RLV 5, 6, 7)

Stoney 666
    Stonney 666 black flip clock with white number's(RLV1-4)
    cap201012061603.png

For more info about a custom Widget Bar setup visit JsChiSurf's thread here
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=877003

Custome mods
    *Download attachment Update-Mod-Sinister-honeycomb.zip (RLV1)*
    *Download attachment Honeycomb_Tweak.zip (RLV2) and (RLV3)*
    *4X5 Rosie workspace and 5 row app's(RLV4)*

Apps
    MiuiMusic.apk
    *Install with a file manager e.g. Astro*
    This would be the best freakin rom if you can add in landscape home. Think you could add that? It would complete this already amazing rom

I'll see what I can do.

Change log and Nightly's

Nightly
    -Null-

Change Log

Sinister Rom V9
    Franken build with sense 3.0
    Fast and Sleek
    3D Rosie + widgets
    New Transition animations
    Speed Modifications
    On-load edit's
    Themed

Sinister Rom V8
    Fast and Sleek
    3D Rosie
    Dolphin Browser.

Sinister Rom V7
    Faster performs better
    and not like the other's

Sinister Rom V6
    Experiment with Sense 3.0 parts

Sinister Rom V5
    Gingerbread
    Sense 2.1
    Speedy Port.
    Fastest "Speedy" yet.

Sinister Rom V4
    Fixed some background issues.
    Modified framework and resources (again)
    Speed modifications (Faster)
    Battery improvements (works best with netarchy toastmod kernel. Which can be found here.)
    4X5 Rosie workspace and 5 row app's (Optional)

Sinister Rom V3
    ● Improved speed's.
    ● Better battery life.
    ● Modified System (Basically when booting up it will not take so long.).

Sinister Rom V2
    ● Added Some tweak's to add on to those "Sinister Speed's".
    ● Added apps2sd.
    ● Modified Rosie (L=phone M=app's R = web) .
    ● Modified power control widget (4g toggle instead of the data toggle).
    Why is it so sweet?
    ● Fully deodex.
    ● Fixed many issue's, That where preventing User's from customizing the ROM.
    ● Modified hosts file to block more ad's.

Previous Version's
    Sinister Rom RLV1
    Sinister Rom RLV2
    Sinister Rom RLV3
    Sinister Rom RLV4
    Sinister Rom RLV5
    Sinister Rom RLV6
    Sinister Rom RLV7
    Sinister Rom RLV8
    thank you so much for all your help with this!! So kernel wise im assuming i flash shift ones not evo ones? Or a universal one like netarchy right? :p Thank you again!

Yes Shift and Universal's.