Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2011, 07:54 PM |#61  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perez_chuck

Hi,
I do not speak English, so I am sorry for my bad English.
I have a P920 and I installed this app, but it does not run. I make a missed call to myself, but the leds do not light.

Thank you very much!

Your English is fine
Have you rooted your phone ? You could check out the thread in the Optimus 3D-subforum, there is currently another developer working with the app for the P920 and he might be able to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnout

Hi,

This app is working on gr 4 but each time I reboot, I've a message that says ' superuser permissions refused for LG 2X./Black .....'

Sent from my LG-P990

That sounds strange, it seems the Superuser-app might be configure wrong for the app. If you open the Superuser-app then you can perhaps change so it wont refuse permissions for the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiescott23

I was using this great app with LG Optimus Black stock roms like v10b/c/e, but i can't do it with CM7 nightlies right now. Everytime I open app it says "App detected it has no read or write access to a required file, do you wish to fix this?" I click OK, but still doesn't work.

This message appears everytime I open the app. What could be the problem here?

Thanks in advance.

What happens when you click OK ? Does it say anything or does it seem to work normally ? Did you ever get a question about allowing Superuser-permissions ?
CM7 have their own notification built-in so there might be a conflict, you could try and disable it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumbag Inc.

Love the app, just what my G2x needs. Your hard work and dedication are much appreciated.
I do, however, have one problem maybe you or the other fine members of this forum can help me with.
I have a notification ringtone set to go off every 5 minutes after a missed notification. Works great, I love it, wish I had it earlier. However, in the morning it goes off because of the battery 100% notification. Is there a fix, workaround, or setting that I'm missing? (I've searched quite a bit but only see discussions with the SGS2) As long as the circuitry shuts down, I don't care about that notification.

I never experienced this. Are you using a third party-app that puts a notification in the notification bar when the battery is fully charged ? If so you might have to exclude that activity (Notifications -> Exclude activities). If you're uncertain which activity it is you can log notifications in the Advanced-menu and then check the log when it happened again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehero21

@xigzil

How to fully disable the accelerator/g-sensor for power saving ?

why do you have this build in?

without this, i would say its a wonderful valueable app ,with it have to deinstall the app ):-

thanks

The accelerometer can't be disabled. It is used by the app to determine if the phone is being used. For example, you're writing an e-mail on your phone and gets an SMS. At this point the app enables the accelerometer to detect user activity, if it detects activity (by movement of the phone) it disables the accelerometer and doesn't do anything more. If the accelerometer were to be disabled it would start the notification as soon as the screen turns off since it doesn't know if the phone has been used at any point after the notification has been received, which would be quite bothersome.
It might not be the best solution but I haven't found anything else and it works pretty well.

Normally this shouldn't use a lot of battery at all though, since when it is started it is usually only enabled for a couple of seconds. Does it use an unusual amount of battery for you ?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xigzil For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xigzil Ad-Free

7th November 2011, 08:51 PM |#62  
Flag @home
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question accelerometer usage
Quote:
Originally Posted by xigzil

Normally this shouldn't use a lot of battery at all though, since when it is started it is usually only enabled for a couple of seconds. Does it use an unusual amount of battery for you ?

thx for your answer.

yes, in my app-testings (around 10 minutes, with a reboot) it used 1m30s cpu time ?!?
strange, do you thinking too?
for me it was too much.

any workarounds?

Quote:

... writing an e-mail on your phone and gets an SMS. At this point the app enables the accelerometer ...

why, the app knows -
if the phone is in suspend mode (do led blinking job)
the phone is on (no led blinking job)

no need for extra accelerometer usage, or whats my fault ?

greets
7th November 2011, 09:48 PM |#63  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:

I never experienced this. Are you using a third party-app that puts a notification in the notification bar when the battery is fully charged ? If so you might have to exclude that activity (Notifications -> Exclude activities). If you're uncertain which activity it is you can log notifications in the Advanced-menu and then check the log when it happened again.

Right, so I've started logging a couple of days ago. (BTW thank you for that feature.) So far I have not received any anomalies but I will let you know what I do find.
8th November 2011, 07:04 PM |#64  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

thx for your answer.

yes, in my app-testings (around 10 minutes, with a reboot) it used 1m30s cpu time ?!?
strange, do you thinking too?
for me it was too much.

any workarounds?

why, the app knows -
if the phone is in suspend mode (do led blinking job)
the phone is on (no led blinking job)

no need for extra accelerometer usage, or whats my fault ?

greets

Hmm, how did you perform this test ? Was it during normal usage or after you received a notification ? What did you use to find out the cpu-time value ?
If you listen to all activities there might be some app that frequently updates the notification bar and causes the accelerometer to start unnecessarily. Try enabling the notification log in the Advanced-settings and see what it says after some time.

It is possible to not use the accelerometer, but I can give two examples where it is useful.
For example, lets say you have a screen timeout for one minute and have the phone on silence. You simply leave it on your desk and walk away from it for a while. If you receive a message before the display turns off, it wouldn't be notified since we don't know if the phone is used or not. The accelerometer tells us that the phone isn't moving so the notification will start when the screen turns off, and don't start if you pick up the phone before the screen turns off.
Another example would be if you receive a message for an app that for some reason turns on the screen (like SMS did in 2.2). When this happens the notification event may be received after the screen has turned on. Fortunately we can find out if we're in the lock screen and can use that. Unfortunately though not all third party lock screen sets this value correctly and we don't know again if the phone is used or not. The accelerometer would help out again.

So in short the accelerometer helps, but it shouldn't be a battery drainer, so it might be some configuration issue. I'm happy to help you out and try to find out the problems.

If you really think it is a big issue though I could add a setting to disable the accelerometer completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumbag Inc.

Right, so I've started logging a couple of days ago. (BTW thank you for that feature.) So far I have not received any anomalies but I will let you know what I do find.

I hope you find out what causes it !
8th November 2011, 08:23 PM |#65  
Flag @home

More
accelerometer unnecessarily?
Quote:

Hmm, how did you perform this test ? Was it during ...

i'm thinking, i'll need to do more testings on this over a longer period of time.

the cpu-values(runtime) i got from CM7's nightly builtin akku consume status (in settings).

if needed, i make here a request to you for one appbuild without accelerometer support.

super your support here - thank you
11th November 2011, 08:42 PM |#66  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have an LG G2X running CM7 and I've been having an issue.
I've changed the settings in the app so that the leds should be constant when I receive a notification, but they still continue to flash instead. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as clearing out the app's cache, but nothing has solved the problem. I even tried earlier versions with no luck. I wouldn't mind them flashing instead of staying constant, except that when I receive a notification at work, the leds will be flashing for a few hours before I can check them, and by that time, it has severely drained my battery.
The Following User Says Thank You to 73n5h1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 73n5h1 Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 08:26 AM |#67  

More
I have the same issue as "73n5h1." I am running MIUI and the flashing really drains my battery like 30% in over an hour... regardless if I program it to be on constant....

Also...

I am unstalling the app because of battery drain... after uninstalling and rebooting... the app is still working?? After a call or text the 4 keys still light up? I am using MIUI and I used a new (MIUI) rom and it still does it...? I restored back to original tmobie g2z stock gingerbread and it doesnt work but when I use MIUI it the LED notification still blinks?? What is wrong? Thanks!
19th November 2011, 10:23 AM |#68  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

i'm thinking, i'll need to do more testings on this over a longer period of time.

the cpu-values(runtime) i got from CM7's nightly builtin akku consume status (in settings).

if needed, i make here a request to you for one appbuild without accelerometer support.

super your support here - thank you

I hope you find out anything, just tell me and I'll help you out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73n5h1

I have an LG G2X running CM7 and I've been having an issue.
I've changed the settings in the app so that the leds should be constant when I receive a notification, but they still continue to flash instead. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as clearing out the app's cache, but nothing has solved the problem. I even tried earlier versions with no luck. I wouldn't mind them flashing instead of staying constant, except that when I receive a notification at work, the leds will be flashing for a few hours before I can check them, and by that time, it has severely drained my battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locodeliciozo

I have the same issue as "73n5h1." I am running MIUI and the flashing really drains my battery like 30% in over an hour... regardless if I program it to be on constant....

Also...

I am unstalling the app because of battery drain... after uninstalling and rebooting... the app is still working?? After a call or text the 4 keys still light up? I am using MIUI and I used a new (MIUI) rom and it still does it...? I restored back to original tmobie g2z stock gingerbread and it doesnt work but when I use MIUI it the LED notification still blinks?? What is wrong? Thanks!

Both CM7 and MIUI have their own built-in notification using the LEDs (I haven't tested them myself, but I'm quite certain they do). So using my app without disabling theirs first will make everything behave strangely. Since both their notification system and my app wants to use the LEDs it would most likely cause a larger battery drain than usual. So I suggest you disable the built-in notification in the ROM and use my app or the other way around.

So to answer your questions I think that for CM7 their notification system will override the setting in my app, causing the LEDs to flash, and for MIUI the LEDs will flash without my app because of their built-in notification system. And that the battery drainage is because both the ROM and my app is keeping the phone awake making changes to the LEDs.

Since I haven't tried these ROMs I don't know how to disable their notification system so unfortunately I can't help you with that.

I hope this explains the issues you're experiencing !
19th November 2011, 10:39 PM |#69  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 20

More
So, after excluding a few suspicious activities and running it for a few days the problem seems to be fixed.
Advanced Task Killer, Weather Bug, and Android System.
26th November 2011, 10:32 AM |#70  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,

i use this app on my LG P920 with the latest
GB update from LG (rooted).
I use LED Notification only ..

Sometimes when i push the Powerbutton to
turn the Phone off,(EDIT: also if i leave it in lockscreen
and it turns off the screen after a few seconds) it leave the LEDs on till
i turn the phone on and off again.

I didint have this before i installed this app.
28th December 2011, 01:29 AM |#71  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Is it possible to add Nexus S compatability?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)