[ROM][2.3.4] « Serendipity 8.2 » **11/8** [FINAL]

Search This thread

sweetboy02125

Aug 16, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
My experience is as follows:

The SGS2 is the best phone on the market. Bar none.

S8 changed this great phone into an awesome phone.

GPS instant lock. SMS, MMS etc. all work great.

I have not had any issues as others have stated. Don't know it is because I am just lucky or followed directions or did not screw with the phone. It just works.

SGS2 with S8
Captivate with S7 ( wife now using and loves it )
HTC Pure ( worst phone I ever owned )
iphone 3 ( stolen by a security guard )
Others to numerous to list

Agreed, I replaced the MMS file to fix the MMS issue. That's all I need. Will keep this S8.1 ROM for awhile. Even out of support from Mike, I still could NOT find any other issues. Much better battery life compares to other ROMs :rolleyes: out there for ATT S2 phones.

Using ENtropy latest kernel

tonyfiore75

Nov 2, 2010
New York, NY
I know that we're all in the middle of 'Mikey might leave' drama, which, of course, I don't want to happen and would/will donate to prevent; but I was wondering if someone might address my question from a few pages back? A simple "yes you can/will be able to do that" or "Nope, you're SOL" will suffice.

Here is my previous post:

Hey,

I ran Serendipity on my Captivate and now I'm running it on my Galaxy S II. I absolutely love it. I do have a question, though. On the Captivate there was an add-on where the buttons on the bottom of the phone (Menu, Home, Back, Search) would stay lit up when you had a notification (email, text, etc). I always found this really useful because I wouldn't have to turn my phone off and on as I passed it. I could tell if there was something to check just by glancing at the phone in passing. Is that something that is or will be available in the future? Currently I'm using noLED for this purpose but I much prefer the more simplistic back light feature.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has been covered already. Believe it or not I did read through all 59 pages of this thread.

Again, thanks so much for all the hard work. It's really a fantastic ROM.

-Tony

Dungeon47

Oct 2, 2010
The Mountains
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
I know that we're all in the middle of 'Mikey might leave' drama, which, of course, I don't want to happen and would/will donate to prevent; but I was wondering if someone might address my question from a few pages back? A simple "yes you can/will be able to do that" or "Nope, you're SOL" will suffice.

Here is my previous post:

Hey,

I ran Serendipity on my Captivate and now I'm running it on my Galaxy S II. I absolutely love it. I do have a question, though. On the Captivate there was an add-on where the buttons on the bottom of the phone (Menu, Home, Back, Search) would stay lit up when you had a notification (email, text, etc). I always found this really useful because I wouldn't have to turn my phone off and on as I passed it. I could tell if there was something to check just by glancing at the phone in passing. Is that something that is or will be available in the future? Currently I'm using noLED for this purpose but I much prefer the more simplistic back light feature.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this has been covered already. Believe it or not I did read through all 59 pages of this thread.

Again, thanks so much for all the hard work. It's really a fantastic ROM.

-Tony

That's called BLN (backlight notification) and it's a Kernel-based thing. Entropy512 is working on it.

Reactions: penskyc

tonyfiore75

Nov 2, 2010
New York, NY
Yeah, but from what I remember, having had it with my Captivate, the battery drain was INCREDIBLY minimal. For me it's definitely worth the trade-off of a couple percentages of battery life. It's very handy!

kytrauma

Oct 22, 2010
Bardstown
The thing is with the way that it can be implemented in our device right now once you get a notification, your device will not go into deep sleep untill you clear the notification. The backlights being on create a wakelock. This was not the case on the captivate.

wastingaeons

Oct 25, 2011
This is by far my favorite rom, but there's one little bug that I've only come across on this rom. In the Google Music app, for songs stored in the cloud, the song won't play until it's completely cached.

eddies92

Oct 8, 2011
I took the MMS.apk from unNamed and replaced it in system/app I did so with root explorer. Still nothing..Did I forget to do something?

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Did you reboot the phone after? Any time you swap a system app you have to do a reboot for the system to pick up the new apk

I usually do this via ADB in Recovery just to be sure...

Also, sometimes weird **** happens if you replace a system app without:
Boot to Recovery
Remove
Boot once
Reboot to recovery
Add the new one
Reboot

Reactions: eddies92

hyghonryce

Aug 29, 2009
Hmmmm... No more cool themes ? Im a bit bummed. Backing 8.1 just incase Im not feeling 8.2. Flashing now :D

Mr_Armageddon

Oct 31, 2007
Denver
Thanks for the update. Donated while on the Captivate, and now again for your work here.
Hopefully you will be able to keep your GS2, and continue to pump out great ROMs. Thanks for your efforts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

ferrocene

May 7, 2010
Do any of these mega upload sites work from the phone? Can someone post a direct link to the upgrade file?

I tried every single link, waiting 60 seconds to start a download each time, and each one fails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

Last edited:

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Do any of these mega upload sites work from the phone? Can someone post a direct link to the upgrade file?

I tried every single link, waiting 60 seconds to start a download each time, and each one fails.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA App

It's hard to find decent places to upload 250 MB files.

Sent from my SGS II

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People on Mac Rumors don't believe I made ROMs. Apparently.

http://serendipityi777.weebly.com/

:cool:

Added long press Volume keys to change songs
    Fixed Data problems on fresh install
    Fixed MMS failing
    - Removes MMS themes
    - Removes Email removal from MMS app
    Updated Market
    Updated Maps
    And yes, it is correct - Mikey has the 10/20 non-experimental DD release before I publically posted it to my thread. :p

This temporal anomaly is brought to you by desperate users for the fuel_alerted fix, beer, hard cider, and my laziness.
    5WrZg.png
    Just bought an i777 on eBay for $356.

Sent from my SGH-I897
    Ah its good to be back!

Thanks,
    ChanceM