[KERNEL][MOD] Mugetsu v2 > ported from urushi / experimental / CM7

Search This thread

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Mugetsu is a package for Anzu (SE Arc) ported from Urushi (SE Ray) comprised of:
  1. Custom kernel
  2. Patched libsqlite.so
  3. /sd-ext tools
Given the similarity of hardware between Urushi and Anzu I've decided to test drive a release package for the latter; however, given I don't have a device I'm releasing this without knowing if it will work but I'm very confident it will which has now been confirmed it does by cezarL.

Currently working for:
  • CyanogenMOD 7 (lastly tested with FXP045)

Quick kernel features snapshot:
Code:
[I]version two[/I]:
- Increased OC support up to 2.0 Ghz.
- [URL="https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skvalex.callrecorder"]Added support for voice calls recording[/URL]. (experimental)
- Further optimizations to Deadline I/O Scheduler.
- Lowmemorykiller.c parameters tuned.
[I]version one[/I]:
- Bumped version to 2.6.32.18
- Overclock support up to 1.6 Ghz
- Tiny RCU (+ optimizations)
- SLQB memory allocator
- Many new CPU freq governors (+ optimizations)
- Many new I/O schedulers (+ optimizations)
- Bumped BFQ to last version
- Support for CPU unaligned access
- Veno TCP Congestion control *
- Stochastic Fair Blue network scheduler *
- Bumped jHash to last version *
- Improved RWSEM algorithm
- Improved CRC32 algorithm
- Disabled swappiness
- Increased Config_HZ
- Increased data transfer rate
- Sysctl and lmk tweaking
- Stripped of unnecessary crap. So you have an idea, stock kernel has 3.2 MB, FXP has 3.0 and this one has 2.6 MB.

Download (SE Arc):
(read the paragraph below)

Everything you need to know about this package and kernel as well as instructions on how to flash and some interesting other stuff, please go to the original thread and make sure to read it thoroughly. Of course, when it comes to downloading the package use the aforementioned link and not the one for SE Ray.

Original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336375 (Don't post there if you're not a SE Ray user)

If you go back to another kernel (boot.img) you may find yourself without wireless if you're using CM.
In this case, just flash this in CWM, no wipe required: http://www.multiupload.com/LIX7E96BGX

Attachments

• screenshot-1320628172419.jpg
    screenshot-1320628172419.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,821
Last edited:

doomed151

Dec 5, 2009
I'm interested in testing but I can't use CM7 since I need HDMI-out. Would you build one for stock ROMs?
Thanks.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
I'm interested in testing but I can't use CM7 since I need HDMI-out. Would you build one for stock ROMs?
Thanks.

At the moment it's not possible. It's a highly optimized kernel, including a different network scheduler, TCP congestion control and url hashing. While this accounts for a huge boost in internet/market page loading (50%+), it also requires the wireless modules to be recompiled but since FXP wlan source doesn't work with stock and SEMC sources are full of debug and tracing crap, the only option for now is using on stock ROM but without wireless, which is a dealbreaker.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
I can confirm the kernel's working on Arc S (with FXP045).
I got all the new governors and schedulers in NoFrills, Market is loading much faster than with default CM7 kernel.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot for officially testing, I'll update the first post.
And yea, I tweaked the hell out of interwebz, it should account for a 50%+ boost in market/internet page loading.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
You need to flash the package, not just boot.img.
New wlan modules are needed since they were recompiled (they're inside package).

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
suggestion:

please do not disable this:
Code:
# copy wifi modules from kernel to system
# disabled -Mugetsu

# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system
# mkdir -p /system/lib/modules/
# cp /modules/*.ko /system/lib/modules >/dev/null 2>&1

u are going to end up breaking wifi for users who revert to FXP/other kernels...

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
Finishing v2, changelog:
Code:
[I]version two[/I]:
- [URL="https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skvalex.callrecorder"]Added support for voice calls recording[/URL]. (experimental)

suggestion:

please do not disable this:
Code:
# copy wifi modules from kernel to system
# disabled -Mugetsu

# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock0 /system
# mkdir -p /system/lib/modules/
# cp /modules/*.ko /system/lib/modules >/dev/null 2>&1

u are going to end up breaking wifi for users who revert to FXP/other kernels...

I'll create a revert package.

ragiut1

Nov 22, 2009
I flashed boot.img then flashed the package
and wifi doesnt work, it's stuck on "Obtaining IP address"

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
I flashed boot.img then flashed the package
and wifi doesnt work, it's stuck on "Obtaining IP address"

Once wifi is fully activated it means that the wlan modules are fine.
But try to reset your router or reboot your phone. If it doesn't work, try v01 again. If it works then, go back to v02 and get me a logcat so I can see the problem.

knzo

Nov 24, 2010
I removed v2 for causing wifi problems to some people, roll back to v1 for now please.
I'll do the same on Ray.

martin132014

Jan 14, 2011
I removed v2 for causing wifi problems to some people, roll back to v1 for now please.
I'll do the same on Ray.

I have same problem on ray, flash boot.img from v1 helps. Wifi working again.

this is weird on my arc, i have install v2 and my wifi works but my phone seems kinda lag a bit then i install v1, the result is my wifi doesnt work..it keep searching for ip address then disconnected...after that i tried to go back to v2 but my arc gone into bootloop...i have to return back to my original cm7 kernel and wifi working again...can you verified this or can you make an update on v2 again...:(

EDIT: after go back to cm7 kernel i tried again using v2 and it work, wifi also working again...but strangely my kernel version is mugetsu:1 even i applied v2...is this the same as v1 even on v2..?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mugetsu is a package for Anzu (SE Arc) ported from Urushi (SE Ray) comprised of:
    1. Custom kernel
    2. Patched libsqlite.so
    3. /sd-ext tools
    Given the similarity of hardware between Urushi and Anzu I've decided to test drive a release package for the latter; however, given I don't have a device I'm releasing this without knowing if it will work but I'm very confident it will which has now been confirmed it does by cezarL.

Currently working for:
    • CyanogenMOD 7 (lastly tested with FXP045)

Quick kernel features snapshot:
    Code:
    [I]version two[/I]:
    [I]version one[/I]:
    - Bumped version to 2.6.32.18
    - Overclock support up to 1.6 Ghz
    - Tiny RCU (+ optimizations)
    - SLQB memory allocator
    - Many new CPU freq governors (+ optimizations)
    - Many new I/O schedulers (+ optimizations)
    - Bumped BFQ to last version
    - Support for CPU unaligned access
    - Veno TCP Congestion control *
    - Stochastic Fair Blue network scheduler *
    - Bumped jHash to last version *
    - Improved RWSEM algorithm
    - Improved CRC32 algorithm
    - Disabled swappiness
    - Increased Config_HZ
    - Increased data transfer rate
    - Sysctl and lmk tweaking
    - Stripped of unnecessary crap. So you have an idea, stock kernel has 3.2 MB, FXP has 3.0 and this one has 2.6 MB.

Download (SE Arc):
    (read the paragraph below)

Everything you need to know about this package and kernel as well as instructions on how to flash and some interesting other stuff, please go to the original thread and make sure to read it thoroughly. Of course, when it comes to downloading the package use the aforementioned link and not the one for SE Ray.

Original thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1336375 (Don't post there if you're not a SE Ray user)

If you go back to another kernel (boot.img) you may find yourself without wireless if you're using CM.
    In this case, just flash this in CWM, no wipe required: http://www.multiupload.com/LIX7E96BGX