[MOD] noCIQ for EI22 :: 11/9/2011 :: UPDATED SCRIPT - REDL/REFLASH!

Search This thread

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
k0nane presents...
noCIQ (Carrier IQ removal) for EI22
Because your privacy matters!

11/16/11: Hello, InformationWeek readers!

About

Any of you who have been around since EB13, who have come from the Evo 4G, or really, who have had a Sprint Android phone at all in the last few years, probably know what Carrier IQ is. If you don't, see the second post.

This mod does precisely what it says on the tin - removes Carrier IQ. For good. No more background process, reduced battery drain, marginally better performance. This package is best suited for stock ROM users and ROM/theme devs - ROM users, you will likely see this mod included in most if not all ROMs from today (11/9) on.

How To Install

Wipe cache (main menu) and dalvik-cache (under Advanced) in CWM, and flash as normal.

Video via qbking77:

Downloads
I do not use file hosts with waiting times!

Download noCIQ for EI22
Download noCIQ for EI22 (mirror)

FAQ

Q: Can I flash this on an odexed ROM, including stock?
A: No! You must be on a deodexed ROM.

Q: I get FCs!
A: Ensure you wiped cache and dalvik-cache. If issues persist, try other common troubleshooting steps. DO NOT report bugs unless you get an FC every single time in a certain place.

Q: This broke (theme/mod/app/etc.)
A: Theme/mod: is it noCIQ-compatible? If not, that's why. Ask the creator to update it. DO NOT USE THEMES/MODS FROM OLDER VERSIONS. Anything else: no. It didn't break it.

Q: I'm a ROM dev/themer. May I use this?
A: Absolutely. Please credit me if you do - other than that, go wild.

Credits

• qbking77: Testing, how-to video.
  • xBTx: Original files.
  • Shabbypenguin: Mirror.
  • XDA users and mods: This would be of no use without you! :)

Last edited:

lancelane

Sep 30, 2010
As i have said many times. Thanks Konane. I hope you go to work for one of the phone manufacturers so you can show them how to write code so quickly. Better yet go to work for Sprint and convince them not to use CIQ anymore.

Sent from my Epic on Midnight or my Galaxy Tab rooted (feels naked without a ROM)

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
As i have said many times. Thanks Konane. I hope you go to work for one of the phone manufacturers so you can show them how to write code so quickly. Better yet go to work for Sprint and convince them not to use CIQ anymore.
I may be good, but I'm not good enough to do either one. ;) Though a certain phone manufacturer seems to want me to apply for a job... :D

DrKaotica

Feb 18, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You are the man k0nane.. Now let the good times roll.. I feel like throwing a party

No ciq gb roms for the epic? Someone pinch me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Reactions: k0nane

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
Hey k0nane, was there a difference in the way ciq was removed between di18 and the froyo builds? I'm talking about the old acs shuriken build compared to your latest builds?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    k0nane presents...
    noCIQ (Carrier IQ removal) for EI22
    Because your privacy matters!

11/16/11: Hello, InformationWeek readers!

About

Any of you who have been around since EB13, who have come from the Evo 4G, or really, who have had a Sprint Android phone at all in the last few years, probably know what Carrier IQ is. If you don't, see the second post.

This mod does precisely what it says on the tin - removes Carrier IQ. For good. No more background process, reduced battery drain, marginally better performance. This package is best suited for stock ROM users and ROM/theme devs - ROM users, you will likely see this mod included in most if not all ROMs from today (11/9) on.

How To Install

Wipe cache (main menu) and dalvik-cache (under Advanced) in CWM, and flash as normal.

Video via qbking77:

Downloads
    I do not use file hosts with waiting times!

Download noCIQ for EI22
    Download noCIQ for EI22 (mirror)

FAQ

Q: Can I flash this on an odexed ROM, including stock?
    A: No! You must be on a deodexed ROM.

Q: I get FCs!
    A: Ensure you wiped cache and dalvik-cache. If issues persist, try other common troubleshooting steps. DO NOT report bugs unless you get an FC every single time in a certain place.

Q: This broke (theme/mod/app/etc.)
    A: Theme/mod: is it noCIQ-compatible? If not, that's why. Ask the creator to update it. DO NOT USE THEMES/MODS FROM OLDER VERSIONS. Anything else: no. It didn't break it.

Q: I'm a ROM dev/themer. May I use this?
    A: Absolutely. Please credit me if you do - other than that, go wild.

Credits

• qbking77: Testing, how-to video.
    • xBTx: Original files.
    • Shabbypenguin: Mirror.
    • XDA users and mods: This would be of no use without you! :)
    I run the current SleeperROM and I got this.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA Premium App

This is expected. ROM developers can delete libiq_service.so without consequence, but libiq_client.so must remain in to prevent a bootloop. The log entries are due to a stub BootCompletedReceiver I left in to quiet the log - the android.iqd process it launches is 100% empty and does, quite literally, nothing. :) It uses no resources and cannot perform any functions.

I have been providing input and some testing to supercurio. The app is still in active development. noCIQ will be addressed in future updates.
    Nice to see you working your magic again with this new release, thanks k0nane!

Sure. I try to keep up with noCIQ for official releases - the Epic Touch got love last month.

What, me? I work quickly. The actual mod only took me about 30 minutes.
    I may be good, but I'm not good enough to do either one. ;) Though a certain phone manufacturer seems to want me to apply for a job... :D