[ROM] MyTouch 4G Slide DoubleShot Lite 1.2.3

Search This thread

dung8604

Sep 8, 2010
I use hotmail, and some other Exchange server, all my contacts and calendars work.
I uploaded the patch, it's untested! i will test tomorrow to make sure it works.
And it will stay as a patch since i don't need it :D[/QUOTE

So u made the rom for yourslef and not us...sweet boy

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA Premium App

Shut up, he doesn't need to make or publish a rom for anyone, and he doesn't owe you ****.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using XDA App

Reactions: RazoE and cedde

cedde

Sep 11, 2011
I use hotmail, and some other Exchange server, all my contacts and calendars work.
I uploaded the patch, it's untested! i will test tomorrow to make sure it works.

There is no extra programs in this rom (one of its goal), you install what you need, if some apk make sense i will provide a patch.

@undeadk9 Android is not build around Gmail Lol

cedde

Sep 11, 2011
No the groups in not working. I try to remove the icon and i end up with an extras MyFav icon lol. I will do some search to see how to remove the icon. Its in htcContacts.apk but without the source it seems difficult. However MyFav is disable with a script so i beleive there is a way to do something.

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Ok so if gmail isn't built around android explain this then, during setup what is the first thing the setup wizard has you do? SIGN IN TO YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT. Without gmail login you don't have have market, you don't have Contacts, you can't sync or save anything to Google servers, so Yes gmail is a vital needed app for android and yes gmail is built around android. You can even ask Google them selves. Every single dev except you include gmail, I've never seen a dev take out gmail or sync apps as you have with this unless its a true aosp ROM, why don't you do some research before you attempt to build a sense based ROM. Just saying.

Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using xda premium

daboy00

Mar 31, 2011

cedde

Sep 11, 2011
They ask you your gmail account because its part of the setup wizzard. You don't need gmail. Use htc email to access your gmail. GoogleFeedback and GoogleServiceFramework are the only one need. Other are extra and can be use without gmail even the contact and calendar. Setup gmail as exchange server and you good to go. Set as gmail you need the addon sync adapter. This is why it is not included. Its extra. You like them install the addon patch.
I like to install not uninstall files. Like everybody else.

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
They ask you your gmail account because its part of the setup wizzard. You don't need gmail. Use htc email to access your gmail. GoogleFeedback and GoogleServiceFramework are the only one need. Other are extra and can be use without gmail even the contact and calendar. Setup gmail as exchange server and you good to go. Set as gmail you need the addon sync adapter. This is why it is not included. Its extra. You like them install the addon patch.
I like to install not uninstall files. Like everybody else.

Whatever, its Your ROM. You are removing vital stuff people use. Things u Consider "bloat" isnt really bloat.

Droidmoder

Sep 19, 2011
Never take away gmail. The android OS is built around gmail. No gmail no android. Welcome to Doubleshot.

Undeadk9 lol that was kind of blunt.

Cedde android os almost needs gmail. People use it to sync contacts and backup stuff. Btw you consider this sense custom rom right? I'm going to add it to the compendium later. Along with other updates.

sent from my sense on crack MT4G Slide using xda premium

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
Undeadk9 lol that was kind of blunt.

Cedde android os almost needs gmail. People use it to sync contacts and backup stuff. Btw you consider this sense custom rom right? I'm going to add it to the compendium later. Along with other updates.

sent from my sense on crack MT4G Slide using xda premium

Now that i read it again i screwed up the wording. Didnt mean to Make it sound blunt like that.

cedde

Sep 11, 2011
If people want gmail, one nice app call MARKET should do the trick!
Again this ROM doesn't have extra. Lite is its name.

Gmail.apk have nothing to do with yourname@gmail.com to use Android! lol

Last edited:

dillalade

Sep 28, 2009
Richmond
So your saying its not??? Wow. Anyway. I can see the development future for this phone ain't looking to good. Might have load my g2 back up.

Sent from my Crack Injected Doubleshot using XDA Premium App

I think Cyanogen has proved ANDROID OS can function without gmail or any other google app. Thats the ultimate truth that I relate to.

Android is NOT Built around Gmail..... Undead conflicted his understanding, by first sayin Android is build around gmail, untrue. Then saying Gmail is built around android - second statement is common sense really.

Fact of the matter, Android is NOT built AROUND Gmail, more like the complete opposite.

Yeah devs for this phone is currently stunted at chefs mixing bits together. Waiting for Virtuous 3.5 or something of similar stature. Currently our flashing options are alll pretty sh1te

Last edited:
Reactions: istheGman

cedde

Sep 11, 2011
Yes I will cook some separate patches.
Zip groups and genius button are the one I will add this weekend. And then see what people want. All will be as add-on. No unneed sh*t ;)

micahman

Sep 1, 2011
Thanks for this rom man. It has been extremely fast and stable and the battery life is amazing. Keep up the good work!

cedde

Sep 11, 2011
You want me to download gmail for you?
I don't see the point to have two email clients. HTCmail and Gmail. That does not make sense at all. It is call redundancy. its clearly mention since day one that this rom may not be for everybody. This rom is Stable and super light, that's it. And it seems very shocking for somepeople here. Lol

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Now that i read it again i screwed up the wording. Didnt mean to Make it sound blunt like that.

Ok, he apologized for being so blunt. Can we leave it at that folks?

I delete any more posts and there won't be a thread left. I'll just close this thread if it comes down to it, c'mon guys. Let's be peaceful.

Reactions: Undeadk9

masterkamon842

Jul 3, 2011
New York
Sorry.. and yes back to topic. Really great Rom just needed to add a custom lockscreen. But other than that love it. I also find it a little choppy not sure why. Even with the unity kernel v2.

leoilios

Oct 4, 2010
Sorry.. and yes back to topic. Really great Rom just needed to add a custom lockscreen. But other than that love it. I also find it a little choppy not sure why. Even with the unity kernel v2.

If its the home screens/app drawer that you find choppy, i recommend adw launcher EX, with the 4d app drawer style

Its worth the couple dollars ;)
Sent from my Senseless Doubleshot using XDA App

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New Version! Lost another Pound!
    Based on paulobrien de-odex rom. Big Thanks.
    I did this rom, because i was not fully happy with the alternative rom. Always something bad. But i love this one.
    However this rom is not a benchmark killer or extreme battery saver (even if it's great), it is just stable and lite with no extra program.

What's inside?
    Custom rom 100% stable
    lightly tweak
    lightly optimize
    Zero compression 4bit alignment method (No FC)
    No battery drain (on system apps)
    Battery improvement?
    Fully automatic updater-script
    Zero bloat and still 100% functionnal
    And much more

Note:There is 2 extra programs (TitaniumBackup, and Total commander), i needed them for debugging and testing. There are user app, you can delete without any special permission if you don't like them.
    After the initial set-up you can delete HTCSetup.Wizard.apk.

How to install?

Download MT4GS_Lite_1.2.3-111127CL.zip @ http://minus.com/mt4gs-dsl
    In recovery Mode select
    install from ZIP
    Yes
    Reboot
    Setup google account and/or email (remember no gmail)
    Reinstall your favorite applications
    Once all your applications are loaded, you REBOOT!

If you like, there is a thanks button bellow.
    Any bug reports or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks and Enjoy your DoubleShot Lite!
    Any mirrors for this? The minus link for download in first page is broken.
    Would really want to try out this rom.
    Thanks.

here you go

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.asp...7CBDB3B73989A6!902&parid=6B7CBDB3B73989A6!517
    here

give the special thanks to WeekendsR2Short

Can someone give me a working link for this ROM?
    TX
    I just figured out how to flash any of the roms with the new recovery. With the older roms you just have to mount the system and data yourself before you flash and it works perfect.

Shut up, he doesn't need to make or publish a rom for anyone, and he doesn't owe you ****.