FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Kernel]Atrix-GB/CM7/9[2.6.32.59/56/59](026/024/026)OC~1.45GHz/UV/SLQB/ZRAM[Jun-17]

8,535 posts
Thanks Meter: 34,722

Post Reply Email Thread
11th November 2011, 08:55 AM |#2321  
Flag Pocatello, ID
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:

Did that with a previous phone. Exactly why I place mine in the freezer while Benching

Haha! Nice!

11th November 2011, 06:17 PM |#2322  
Thanks Meter: 354

More

Faux just wondering if next will fix the issue with webtop? (Status disappear and random FC)

I want to improve my webtop performance

Thanks

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
11th November 2011, 06:44 PM |#2323  
quick status update:

I have recently patched the kernel to the latest kernel.org version 2.6.32.48 and added a number of patches and enhancements to it. The next weekly CM update should have all the things I just mentioned.

I am re-writing the OC completely from scratch. This will probably miss the next weekly update window. The current OC scheme has some flaws:

1. Unable to control max speed with SetCPU or other OC apps
2. Webtop will always use MAX freq regardless
3. No built-in thermal protection (esp for users of 1.45 GHz version)

I am trying to address ALL of the above in 1 gigantic re-write, but lately I've been dealing with personal life as well and so it has been slow... I should have some time this weekend starting tonight. I will try to squeeze as much in as possible this weekend and hopefully have something workable when the weekend is finished.
The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to faux123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift faux123 Ad-Free
11th November 2011, 06:51 PM |#2324  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Yea he has android. I do the same thing. I came from ios and it was smart. It would never have battery drain and you don't have to manage anything. I get maybe 10-14 hours Max on my android without managing data and wifi. With background data off, mobile off and managing wifi I've gotten 40 hours battery on 1.45ghz kernel. It takes a little management but well worth it.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App
11th November 2011, 06:56 PM |#2325  
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123

quick status update:

I have recently patched the kernel to the latest kernel.org version 2.6.32.48 and added a number of patches and enhancements to it. The next weekly CM update should have all the things I just mentioned.

I am re-writing the OC completely from scratch. This will probably miss the next weekly update window. The current OC scheme has some flaws:

I am trying to address ALL of the above in 1 gigantic re-write, but lately I've been dealing with personal life as well and so it has been slow... I should have some time this weekend starting tonight. I will try to squeeze as much in as possible this weekend and hopefully have something workable when the weekend is finished.

Thanks for the update. About the webtop I was thinking more on the 1.0ghz enhanced kernel so we can take advantage of UV for hdmi webtop hack
11th November 2011, 07:04 PM |#2326  
Flag JundiaĆ­
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Faux, have some possibility of developing a kerner for Stock Froyo 0.50.03 Brasil ?

Sorry for English.
11th November 2011, 07:26 PM |#2327  
Flag Stamford
Thanks Meter: 547

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123

quick status update:

Also i was wondering if next weekly CM7 will also include the ability to UV because all the CM7 Updates now come without that option.
12th November 2011, 12:57 PM |#2328  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 1,440

More
bootloop have to implement this: Atrix-CM7-Kernel-021-ext4-1.45GHz.zip

using CM7 nigthlies # 13 ...

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I have this by default, no overclocking.

bankmarks overclocked have shown a lower score?
12th November 2011, 11:04 PM |#2329  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rog1121

Hmm I did upgrade from the previous stable release. I guess that could be it.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Did that with a previous phone. Exactly why I place mine in the freezer while Benching

I do that too!

Wrap it in a rag and pop it in the bottom drawer... voila! Easy cooling.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium
12th November 2011, 11:10 PM |#2330  
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhazk

I do that too!

Wrap it in a rag and pop it in the bottom drawer... voila! Easy cooling.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

Not to mention the great results we get!

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardoaraujo

bootloop have to implement this: Atrix-CM7-Kernel-021-ext4-1.45GHz.zip

using CM7 nigthlies # 13 ...

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I have this by default, no overclocking.

bankmarks overclocked have shown a lower score?

Why do you have the status bar on the bottom with the on screen hardware buttons? Are your hardware buttons broken?
12th November 2011, 11:48 PM |#2331  
Flag Belo Horizonte
Thanks Meter: 1,440

More
try zdunex pach - tablet tweaks. very good in landscape.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ext4, faux123, if youfindthisconfusiongogetaniphone, kernel, mjpollardisagirl, overclock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)