[GUIDE]Unlock/InternetSharing/Backup your OMNIA 7 with branded/unbranded ROM on Mango

Search This thread

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
Sorry but english- are not my main language

1. You need this pre-NODO Rom
Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware XXJJ6 ALL PROVIDERS (select csc in flashtool your provider) tnx PavelX1 (T-Mobile branded ROM)
Included providers CSC's:
CRO - T-Mobile Croatia
DTM - T-Mobile Germany
TMH - T-Mobile Hungary
TMU - T-Mobile United Kingdom
TMZ - T-Mobile Czech Republic
VVT - Vivacom Bulgaria XEC - Movistar Spain

2. omnia 7 ROM flash guide (it conclude a un- branded ROM) tnx Casey_boy If you have problems with usb/phone port read this

3. Chervron unlock (vista/windows 7)

IMPORTANT: CHEVRON CERTIFICATE expired on 25. Novembre 2011

the chevron unlock certificate which you install on your device (step 2) expired on 25. Novembre 2011. The only solution to still be able to use the Chevron unlocker is to set on both your PC and your WP7 device to something before 25. Novembre 2011 and reboot both devices (!) before using the unlocker again.

1. install first Windows Phone Developer tools to get the app loader from Microsoft, the developer reg key in your registry
2. go with your mobile internet browser to page www.cr-developers.co.cc/cwp7.cer and install. the chevron cert.
3. plug in phone and leave zune running
4. run chevronwp7.exe (as administrator) , click both checkboxes
5. click unlock

4. Prevent Re-lock (stay chevron unlocked)

1. Install a xap installer
zip.gif
XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip tnx kuerbis2
2. Install a reg- Editor WP7RootTools 0.7 alpha.xap tnx Heathcliff7
3. Now open the Registry Editor on your phone. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > DeviceReg.
Now scroll to PortalUrlInt, remove its value data and save it. Do the same with PortalUrlProd. Both entries should now be "empty" (but not deleted!)

PLEASE CHECK bevore update to Mango- you are 100% unlock!

5. [GUIDE] INTEROP-UNLOCK (to stay unlocked on MANGO) tnx Heathcliff7 or if you like the WiFi InternetSharing on your un-branded ROM make step 6. instanded of 5.

5.1. Download the software package Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2.xap
5.2. Uninstall the Samsung Diagnosis app (if exist)
5.3. Dial ##634# to install the latest Samsung Diagnosis app.
5.4. install Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2.xap
5.5. Connect your phone to your desktop computer, running Zune.
5.6. Check for updates and let all pending (MANGO) updates install.

After the update you need to perform step 5.2 and 5.3 again

5.7. In the Diagnosis app dial: *#9908# click "Select GPRS" and you will see "Heathcliff74 Interop Unlock" select it.
5.8. Tap "Save", tap "Close" and exit the Diagnosis app. You are now unlocked, but your 3G settings are screwed (side-effect)

repair 3 G
---- 11.3. If your device is not locked to a specific operator, you can use the Samsung Network Profile app.
-------- 11.3.1. Uninstall the Samsung Network Profile app.
-------- 11.3.2. Download and install the latest version of the Samsung Network Profile app from the Marketplace.
-------- 11.3.3. Open the Samsung Network Profile app.
-------- 11.3.4. Select a different Network Operator.
-------- 11.3.5. Now Select your own Network Operator again.
-------- 11.3.6. Exit the Network Profile app.

OR NEW: Download "Samsung Repair 3G by Heathcliff74.xap" and run it on your phone. It should work immediately. I already got confirmation that it works, but please report your results!!

NOW- you are full- unlocked on MANGO

6. if you like the WiFi InternetSharing on your un-branded ROM: make this stepp, instand of step 5

1.) First unlock your Samsung phone (chevron unlock)
2.) Use the Application Deployment tool to send THIS to your phone. You do not need to run it and you can delete it after it has been deployed.
3.) Install the Diagnosis app by typing ##634#
4.) After the Diagnosis app starts type *#9908# and select 'System Tweaks' press 'Save' then 'Close' and RESTART your phone.
5.) Your phone now has internet sharing and as a bonus is interop unlocked!

orginal thread: [XAP] Internet Sharing + Interop Unlock all-in-one for Samsung Phones tnx voluptuary

The end
1. Now you can Iremove all the software the used to install on you phone for the unlocking process
(Interop Unlock, Repair 3G, WP7 Root Tools)
2. If you softreset or hardreset the phone, the unlock be gone!

7. BACKUP now your unlocked MANGO phone - to RESTORE over ZUNE tnx xboxmod

Unzip
zip.gif
WP7 Update Cab Sender.zip on your computer. Its a update/backuptool. it contain a dummy cab- it will backup your phone- but nothing update. Run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat (without ZUNE run). If you get a error, please install the tool from folder "if needed install this tool".

After run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat type B for (fake) update and real backup. If you have already a backup in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update- please cut and paste it in a save place.

After all you will get a error message.
Is o.k. ignore the error message. Your BACKUP are succesful done. the error causes from the "fake update", the update cab is only a dummy and is neeaded to activate the Backup procces.

INFO: to see this path/files, you have to activate under windows explorer folder options "visible hidden files" The Backup files you will find in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update, such as this folder name d4e21648 - xxxxxx - xxxxxx - xxxxxxx.

When you then connect your phone and start ZUNE, and search to updates, ZUNE tell you "your phone software is actuall and you get the RESTOREPOINT. Copy/Cut the Backup folder from ....\Windows Phone Update to a save place

INFO: If you RESTORE it over ZUNE plase be patient, the first 10 minutes you do not see an progress- but wait it will! f the screen go off, turn on and lock off the screen AND wait!Restorations duration is ca. 40 min. please do nothing with the phone in this time. be patient. After Restorations connect again with ZUNE, then you get Samsung App Store alo back

DISCLAIMER

I will not take any responsibility for any damages caused directly or indirectly from using the software-package or the instructions. Read the instructions thoroughly and proceed carefully!

IT WORKS- The Following Users Say Thank You to mirolg cameronbailey (10th November 2011), rickrude (8th November 2011), sarathvenmony (Today), m00h (Yesterday) .....

Last edited:

NoMercyWWE

May 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
i have problems - after chevron unlock - and updating to mango it is developer locked- why? shouldnt it be unlocked?

i have already applied the wp7 root tools and deleted both value data!

NoMercyWWE

May 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
what if we have to do the interloper unlock in nodo to keep it in mango

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

since diagnostic app wont update i just tried another rom and will report if that works!

NoMercyWWE

May 29, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
worked flawless with unbranded fw! i knew it that t-mobile germany sucks bigtime - or it maybe just because i have already done the steps before mango install and after that just restored the profile

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
ok. its fine! It works also on T-Monile branded ROM- i have tested both on my omnia.

.... not forget to hit the thanx button :)

cristidotro

Aug 2, 2009
Constanta
Thank you for the guide, but for me the unlock doesn't hold until mango. After all the updates are finished, the phone is locked again.
If somebody knows what to do, please respond! I re-flashed already 3 times a new ROM and followed the instructions. After I finish unlocking device with Chevron, the program gives and error, maybe this is one of the causes.
Cheers!

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Thank you for the guide, but for me the unlock doesn't hold until mango. After all the updates are finished, the phone is locked again.
If somebody knows what to do, please respond! I re-flashed already 3 times a new ROM and followed the instructions. After I finish unlocking device with Chevron, the program gives and error, maybe this is one of the causes.
Cheers!

the right chevron unlock and the pervent to re-lock are very importand. before update to mango test few times with connect and disconnect zune + deploy few xap ... if you can every time connect zune and deploy xap's then go step by step forward. after any updates to Mango make the interop-unlock steps ...

Reactions: cristidotro

rob77

Jan 7, 2011
Thanks for the great guide mirolg :)

I haven't actually got my omnia yet I'm waiting on it coming but would like to unlock it when it does. My question is I want to have an unbranded firmware so could I use this one "Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware XXJL3 RETAIL UNITED KINGDOM"? I know it has to be pre nodo but I'm unsure if this one is or not? The one you have provided "Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware XXJJ6 ALL PROVIDERS" is this t-mobile branded?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm new to windows phone and still getting my head around it

Cheers

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009

I haven't actually got my omnia yet I'm waiting on it coming but would like to unlock it when it does. My question is I want to have an unbranded firmware so could I use this one "Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware XXJL3 RETAIL UNITED KINGDOM"? I know it has to be pre nodo but I'm unsure if this one is or not? The one you have provided "Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware XXJJ6 ALL PROVIDERS" is this t-mobile branded?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm new to windows phone and still getting my head around it

Cheers
hi rob and welcome!
....yes the ROMs in my Guide are
T-Mobile branded.
in this guide you find a pre nodo unbranded ROM. omnia 7 ROM flash guide tnx Casey_boy

if you need a help- please ask me!
Cheers, Miro

Last edited:
Reactions: rob77

rob77

Jan 7, 2011
Thanks Miro. No doubt I'll run in to some bother when I come to flash and unlock it so I might ask you a few questions then.

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Tried that twice and after Mango update the device always locks! :(

Don't know why to some people lock and some others don't! :confused:

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Tried that twice and after Mango update the device always locks! :(

Don't know why to some people lock and some others don't! :confused:

the unlock process has noting to do with branded or unbranded ROM. It works on both.

:) belive me- if you make the 100% step by step- you will have succes!
Make 100% sure your chevron unlock hold!
(erase the two values in Reg to pervent a re-lock) deploy all xap. check with chevron.exe if you still unlocked! If yes, then make all updates to mango. then make the steps to interop-unlock.

I have do this unlock prozess few times, ever with succes!

I you like, please, describe your steps- we can find the fault together.

cheers, miro

Last edited:

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure that i have followed the right procedure...

1. Flashed unbranded XXJL3 UK pre-nodo rom.
2. Did chevron unlock.
3. Installed successfully some xaps (WP7 tools, Samsung tools, etc) and erased the relevant value data to prevent relocking. Also added the correct registry data in DeviceReg in order to have my (Greek) language in Mango rom.
4. Updated to 7008 -> 7392 -> 7403.
5. I am still unlocked and installed some more xap files such as Native Keyboard etc.
6. My next update is Mango (7720.68). When i do it my device locks. I have done it twice and it's the third time i am in this place. Can i do something more to assure that my device won't lock after mango update?

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure that i have followed the right procedure...

1 - 4 fine o.k.

6. My next update is Mango (7720.68). When i do it my device locks ...

are you able to get the Mango update or no? when exatly locks? and what exactly you meane with locks?

no manualy start interop-unlock.xap - do nothin with it ...

... can you get the new diagnosis app?

5. can you your xap (native keyboard ...) install by the whole end, afte interop-unlock ....

Last edited:

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
are you able to get the Mango update or no? when exatly locks? and what exactly you meane with locks?

Of course i am able to get Mango update from zune officially. Till then my device is unlocked to instal any app i want. After updating to Mango my device is stock locked and i cannot install any third party app and all my previously installed xap files don't work.

... can you get the new diagnosis app?

5. can you your xap (native keyboard ...) install by the whole end, afte interop-unlock ....

When in Mango, I am not unlocked to execute any xap and cannot run interop-unlock. Native keyborad xap is installed till step 4.

mirolg

Oct 25, 2009
Of course i am able to get Mango update from zune officially. Till then my device is unlocked to instal any app i want. After updating to Mango my device is stock locked and i cannot install any third party app and all my previously installed xap files don't work.

When in Mango, I am not unlocked to execute any xap and cannot run interop-unlock. Native keyborad xap is installed till step 4.

this is the fault_ no manualy start interop-unlock.xap - do nothin with it ...

after all you can deinstall interop-unlock.xap

Last edited:

athanaso77

Apr 8, 2007
Area 51
Hm... you mean that i first install Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2.xap to my device and second i do the mango update! Right?

Then i follow the steps you describe.

I will let you know! ;)

Thank you again!!! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry but english- are not my main language

1. You need this pre-NODO Rom
    Samsung Omnia 7 Firmware XXJJ6 ALL PROVIDERS (select csc in flashtool your provider) tnx PavelX1 (T-Mobile branded ROM)
    Included providers CSC's:
    CRO - T-Mobile Croatia
    DTM - T-Mobile Germany
    TMH - T-Mobile Hungary
    TMU - T-Mobile United Kingdom
    TMZ - T-Mobile Czech Republic
    VVT - Vivacom Bulgaria XEC - Movistar Spain

2. omnia 7 ROM flash guide (it conclude a un- branded ROM) tnx Casey_boy If you have problems with usb/phone port read this

3. Chervron unlock (vista/windows 7)

IMPORTANT: CHEVRON CERTIFICATE expired on 25. Novembre 2011

the chevron unlock certificate which you install on your device (step 2) expired on 25. Novembre 2011. The only solution to still be able to use the Chevron unlocker is to set on both your PC and your WP7 device to something before 25. Novembre 2011 and reboot both devices (!) before using the unlocker again.

1. install first Windows Phone Developer tools to get the app loader from Microsoft, the developer reg key in your registry
    2. go with your mobile internet browser to page www.cr-developers.co.cc/cwp7.cer and install. the chevron cert.
    3. plug in phone and leave zune running
    4. run chevronwp7.exe (as administrator) , click both checkboxes
    5. click unlock

4. Prevent Re-lock (stay chevron unlocked)

1. Install a xap installer
    zip.gif
    XAPDeployX-V0.9.zip tnx kuerbis2
    2. Install a reg- Editor WP7RootTools 0.7 alpha.xap tnx Heathcliff7
    3. Now open the Registry Editor on your phone. Now navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > DeviceReg.
    Now scroll to PortalUrlInt, remove its value data and save it. Do the same with PortalUrlProd. Both entries should now be "empty" (but not deleted!)

PLEASE CHECK bevore update to Mango- you are 100% unlock!

5. [GUIDE] INTEROP-UNLOCK (to stay unlocked on MANGO) tnx Heathcliff7 or if you like the WiFi InternetSharing on your un-branded ROM make step 6. instanded of 5.

5.1. Download the software package Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2.xap
    5.2. Uninstall the Samsung Diagnosis app (if exist)
    5.3. Dial ##634# to install the latest Samsung Diagnosis app.
    5.4. install Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74 v2.xap
    5.5. Connect your phone to your desktop computer, running Zune.
    5.6. Check for updates and let all pending (MANGO) updates install.

After the update you need to perform step 5.2 and 5.3 again

5.7. In the Diagnosis app dial: *#9908# click "Select GPRS" and you will see "Heathcliff74 Interop Unlock" select it.
    5.8. Tap "Save", tap "Close" and exit the Diagnosis app. You are now unlocked, but your 3G settings are screwed (side-effect)

repair 3 G
    ---- 11.3. If your device is not locked to a specific operator, you can use the Samsung Network Profile app.
    -------- 11.3.2. Download and install the latest version of the Samsung Network Profile app from the Marketplace.

OR NEW: Download "Samsung Repair 3G by Heathcliff74.xap" and run it on your phone. It should work immediately. I already got confirmation that it works, but please report your results!!

NOW- you are full- unlocked on MANGO

6. if you like the WiFi InternetSharing on your un-branded ROM: make this stepp, instand of step 5

1.) First unlock your Samsung phone (chevron unlock)
    2.) Use the Application Deployment tool to send THIS to your phone. You do not need to run it and you can delete it after it has been deployed.
    3.) Install the Diagnosis app by typing ##634#
    4.) After the Diagnosis app starts type *#9908# and select 'System Tweaks' press 'Save' then 'Close' and RESTART your phone.
    5.) Your phone now has internet sharing and as a bonus is interop unlocked!

orginal thread: [XAP] Internet Sharing + Interop Unlock all-in-one for Samsung Phones tnx voluptuary

The end
    1. Now you can Iremove all the software the used to install on you phone for the unlocking process
    (Interop Unlock, Repair 3G, WP7 Root Tools)
    2. If you softreset or hardreset the phone, the unlock be gone!

7. BACKUP now your unlocked MANGO phone - to RESTORE over ZUNE tnx xboxmod

Unzip
    zip.gif
    WP7 Update Cab Sender.zip on your computer. Its a update/backuptool. it contain a dummy cab- it will backup your phone- but nothing update. Run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat (without ZUNE run). If you get a error, please install the tool from folder "if needed install this tool".

After run the WP7 Update Cab Sender.bat type B for (fake) update and real backup. If you have already a backup in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update- please cut and paste it in a save place.

After all you will get a error message.
    Is o.k. ignore the error message. Your BACKUP are succesful done. the error causes from the "fake update", the update cab is only a dummy and is neeaded to activate the Backup procces.

INFO: to see this path/files, you have to activate under windows explorer folder options "visible hidden files" The Backup files you will find in C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update, such as this folder name d4e21648 - xxxxxx - xxxxxx - xxxxxxx.

When you then connect your phone and start ZUNE, and search to updates, ZUNE tell you "your phone software is actuall and you get the RESTOREPOINT. Copy/Cut the Backup folder from ....\Windows Phone Update to a save place

INFO: If you RESTORE it over ZUNE plase be patient, the first 10 minutes you do not see an progress- but wait it will! f the screen go off, turn on and lock off the screen AND wait!Restorations duration is ca. 40 min. please do nothing with the phone in this time. be patient. After Restorations connect again with ZUNE, then you get Samsung App Store alo back

DISCLAIMER

I will not take any responsibility for any damages caused directly or indirectly from using the software-package or the instructions. Read the instructions thoroughly and proceed carefully!

IT WORKS- The Following Users Say Thank You to mirolg cameronbailey (10th November 2011), rickrude (8th November 2011), sarathvenmony (Today), m00h (Yesterday) .....
    Cheers!

the right chevron unlock and the pervent to re-lock are very importand. before update to mango test few times with connect and disconnect zune + deploy few xap ... if you can every time connect zune and deploy xap's then go step by step forward. after any updates to Mango make the interop-unlock steps ...

Cheers
    hi rob and welcome!
    ....yes the ROMs in my Guide are
    T-Mobile branded.
    in this guide you find a pre nodo unbranded ROM. omnia 7 ROM flash guide tnx Casey_boy

if you need a help- please ask me!
    Cheers, Miro
    I am updating and i will let you know about the results. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Does not seem to work. When In the Diagnosis app dial: *#9908# i only get GPRS Manager and nothing else. (My Diagnosis version is 0628).

Also, my xap installed apps are not running any more! I am at least disappointed. :(

you was very near! (test it- if will not , sorry you have to do it from beginn)
    (
    Heathcliff74 Interop Unlock.xml can only over the GPRS settings log in the phone system)

In the Diagnosis app dial: *#9908# click "Select GPRS" and you will see "Heathcliff74 Interop Unlock" select it. Tap "Save", tap "Close" and exit the Diagnosis app.

You are now unlocked, but your 3G settings are screwed (side-effect)

repair 3 G

thx miro works fine at the first attempt itself ...bt a problem am facing is tat after installing new network profile app from market am able to change to a different network but nw am nt able select my own network any help

Download the Samsung Tools here.
    Run ADC option to automatically configure Data and MMS settings on reboot.

cheers, miro