Flag Denver
Thanks Meter: 960

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstabKillaR

Thanks! This was very helpful

thanks button?
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to isidromxz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift isidromxz Ad-Free

20th November 2011, 05:06 PM |#12  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hey guys any body can help me
i install cygwin_packages.zip with tutorial in page one but i get the problem in step 6, on the top root I see No Packages Found and I can't get directory user name in Home directory "home\your user name\".

and when I run cygwin the command prompt can't open and just show fleeting

so please.... help me
The Following User Says Thank You to civer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift civer Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 11:52 AM |#13  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 26

More
i tried everything
but whenever i try to update it through clockwork recovery it shows a error
The Following User Says Thank You to darkevilmagic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift darkevilmagic Ad-Free
2nd December 2011, 08:10 PM |#14  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 1,023

Donate to Me
More
Have you logged in???
Thanks button will appear as soon as you'll logon in xda.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajhavery For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ajhavery Ad-Free
6th December 2011, 12:30 PM |#15  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I tried the cygwin process first and had issues so I used the ubuntu installation and got it installed. But being such a beginner at it all its hard to find step by step instructions like this. I may try the cygwin set up again so I can follow this thread unoess someone knows of something similar to this but using ubuntu
The Following User Says Thank You to Diesel321 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Diesel321 Ad-Free
6th December 2011, 01:07 PM |#16  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 358

Donate to Me
More
I have a few queries

i)How do i add jkay support?Only copying the files from an extracted Jkay zip to relevant folders will do?

ii)How do i change Kernel.It was suggested to replace the kernel in the BASE(Does this refer to the zImage present inside the base folder).Didnt get it what is base?I have for the time being unpacked bootimage and put the zimage from siyahkernel inside it.

iii)How do i add multi csc.I downloaded a multi csc package from intratech's thread.Unzipped it ,but cant extract csc file from cache.img.Can i just copy a folder CSC(with multi csc) from another ROM and keep it in system folder?Will that help?
The Following User Says Thank You to chetan_mohanty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chetan_mohanty Ad-Free
11th December 2011, 10:50 AM |#17  
Flag drogheda
Thanks Meter: 54

Donate to Me
More
cygwin dont want to show up...everything is installed..and is not work...and where i have to put folder with name kithcen because in cygwin show my that is now find...please help me...
The Following User Says Thank You to chuan1311 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chuan1311 Ad-Free
Wolf Pup
18th December 2011, 02:09 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Stupid Question........
But can I use a Linux Distro like Ubuntu or Backtrack instead of Cygwin?
I'm guessing that you can, but I'm a newb so I don't know anything!
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ad-Free
25th December 2011, 02:52 AM |#19  
Flag at my house
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Question
Great explanation except every time I make a rom I get error in CWM
Tip: it doesnt matter if I mod it or not as soon as it changes update-script it screws the rom up I think and I even converted it back to updater-script when I was done still nothing.

It was an ICS rom if that helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacked-Out-Cobra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blacked-Out-Cobra Ad-Free
26th December 2011, 11:15 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for tutorial. Im using the kitchen, its works great.
I build one rom from stock rom 2.1, and another from a custom rom i found on here.

But i have a problem after i flash the rom, it wont boot. Noone of the roms i cook will boot on my device. It just stops at SE logo.
I have the u20i, x10 mini pro.

Anyone know what im doing wrong? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to lowsmoke For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lowsmoke Ad-Free
28th December 2011, 12:25 AM |#21  
Flag at my house
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbowerman

Great explanation except every time I make a rom I get error in CWM
Tip: it doesnt matter if I mod it or not as soon as it changes update-script it screws the rom up I think and I even converted it back to updater-script when I was done still nothing.

It was an ICS rom if that helps.

anyone wondering how I fixed it?

use winrar but dont extract go in and delete update-script, and update-binary it will make you one that works.

recommend it anyways because it unclutters your scripts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacked-Out-Cobra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Blacked-Out-Cobra Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)