Bloatware Bloat Removal List [PLEASE ADD TO THIS LIST]

Search This thread

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
Please post up your safe removal bloatware you've frozen with titanium backup here, I will post up mine when I get back home, and Ill add all to the first post, cheers.

Reactions: sulster

davinci27

May 8, 2006
Here's what I've frozen so far

Backup Assistant+ 1.0
Backup Assistant+ Contacts 2.3.5
Backup Assistant+ media 1.0
Device Setup 1.0
Guided Tours 2.3.5
Help Center 2.3.5
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.5
Let's Golf 2 1.0.5
MOTOACTV 1.0.265
News 2.3.5
Slacker 3.0.546
Social Location 6.01 <--- Freezing this app stops creation of locations in Smart Actions.
Social Messaging 2.3.5
Social Messaging Service 2.3.5
Social Networking 2.3.5
Social Sharing 2.3.5
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
V CAST Tones 4.5.13
Verizon Video 6.0.12
Video Editor Lite 3.2.0.5
VideoSurf 1.1.9
Voicemail 1.1
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.421

I'm sure there are plenty of others to freeze, but I haven't tried them yet.

Last edited:
A word of caution, I used Titanium to freeze the apps in this list, and it caused the music widget and music app to FC. Not sure which app it's dependent upon, but there are some dependencies somewhere. Tried unfreezing them one by one with no dice, ended up unfreezing all and power cycling to get the music app / widget fixed. Would use doubletwist but I really like Motocast, so kinda stuck with the moto music app.

syntheticfuture

Sep 24, 2010
Here's what I have frozen and I haven't found any issues.

Backup Assistant 1.0
Backup Assistant+Contacts 2.3.5
Backup Assistant+Media 1.0
Device Setup 1.0
Email 2.3.5
Email Accounts 0.9
Email Authenticator 2.3.5
Email Engine 2.3.5
FixedEmail Authenticator 2.3.5
Flickr Authenticator 2.3.5
Guided Tours 2.3.5
Help Center 2.3.5
Home Screen Tips 1.0
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.5
LastFM Authenticator 2.3.5
LinkIn Authenticator 2.3.5
Messaging 2.3.5
Mobile Hotspot 1.0
MOTOACTV 1.0.265
MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.89
News 2.3.5
NFL Mobile 5.3
Photobucket Authenticator 2.3.5
Quickoffice, Inc. 4.1.83
Slacker 3.1.444
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
V Cast Tones 4.5.13
Verizon Video 6.0.12
Video Editor Lite 3.2.05
VideoSurf 1.1.9
Voicemail 1.1
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.421
Yahoo Calendar service 2.3.5
Yahoo Contacts 2.3.5
Yahoo! Mail Authenticator 2.3.5

Reactions: hexane

Rootuser3.0

May 18, 2011
Here's what I have frozen and I haven't found any issues.

Backup Assistant 1.0
Backup Assistant+Contacts 2.3.5
Backup Assistant+Media 1.0
Device Setup 1.0
Email 2.3.5
Email Accounts 0.9
Email Engine 2.3.5
Guided Tours 2.3.5
Help Center 2.3.5
Home Screen Tips 1.0
IM 3.0.4.6
IM Presence 2.3.5
LinkIn Authenticator 2.3.5
Messaging 2.3.5
Mobile Hotspot 1.0
MOTOACTV 1.0.265
MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.89
News 2.3.5
NFL Mobile 5.3
Quickoffice, Inc. 4.1.83
Slacker 3.1.444
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
Universal Inbox 2.3.5
V Cast Tones 4.5.13
Verizon Video 6.0.12
Video Editor Lite 3.2.05
VideoSurf 1.1.9
Voicemail 1.1
VZ Navigator 7.2.0.421
Yahoo Calendar service 2.3.5
Yahoo Contacts 2.3.5
Yahoo! Mail Authenticator 2.3.5

What's the advantage of freezing all these apps?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using xda premium

davinci27

May 8, 2006

I don't use these apps, some of them have elements that run in the background wasting cpu and battery cycles. It's just the bloat that verizon and motorola try to force down our throats. I'd delete them, motorola and verizon like to look and make sure they are there before you can install updates. Freezing them allows me to gain resources and removes them from my app dock without me losing the ability to flash updates.

robstunner

May 13, 2010
Chicagoland
I don't use these apps, some of them have elements that run in the background wasting cpu and battery cycles. It's just the bloat that verizon and motorola try to force down our throats. I'd delete them, motorola and verizon like to look and make sure they are there before you can install updates. Freezing them allows me to gain resources and removes them from my app dock without me losing the ability to flash updates.

Freezing the Yahoo apk's makes the contacts app fc after clicking a contact

Shayne55434

Jan 24, 2011
Freezing the Yahoo apk's makes the contacts app fc after clicking a contact

Yeah, I some how deleted two of these apps and now I'm stuck. All the other bloatware was frozen, but my yahoo contacts and authentication apks were deleted. Now every time I select a contact "com.motorola.contacts" fcs. HELP!! Is there anyway for me to get these back? Maybe someone could backup theirs and send them to me? Any help would be great! Thanks guys.

Yahoo Calendar service 2.3.5 (I still have this.)
Yahoo Contacts 2.3.5 (I NEED this!)
Yahoo! Mail Authenticator 2.3.5 (I NEED this!)

PS - Downloaded the system dump and tried to install the "YahooContacts.apk" but it wouldn't install. I'm at a loss. :-/

Last edited:
Reactions: sullytrny

Droidel

Jan 21, 2011
Just to confirm...everyone used TiBu to freeze?

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Yeah, I some how deleted two of these apps and now I'm stuck. All the other bloatware was frozen, but my yahoo contacts and authentication apks were deleted. Now every time I select a contact "com.motorola.contacts" fcs. HELP!! Is there anyway for me to get these back? Maybe someone could backup theirs and send them to me? Any help would be great! Thanks guys.

PS - Downloaded the system dump and tried to install the "YahooContacts.apk" but it wouldn't install. I'm at a loss. :-/

Not sure if this would help, try wiping device to bring back to stock?

Shayne55434

Jan 24, 2011
Thanks but it would just remove the stuff I have installed or placed on the device. I don't think it would restore something I deleted from the system folder

Giiar

Aug 21, 2010
Sydney
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Instead of installing the yahoo apps you deleted. What I think you should do is copy them back in the system/app folder. After that just use something like root explorer to change the permissions matching the other apps that are on your phone. Reboot and it should be working again. :)

If I was any help please dont forget to thank me. I'm on a race to beat my friend :)

xitsxjack

Jun 12, 2009
Just to confirm...everyone used TiBu to freeze?

---------- Post added at 02:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Not sure if this would help, try wiping device to bring back to stock?

same thing happened to me lol, i tried wiping, didnt work since i guess TiBu took them out of the system folder, i guess im just gonna have to wait for official recovery and factory rom to start from scratch.

gbroon

Apr 3, 2011
We can just delete these apk's instead of freezing them right?

These apps will be in the system partition, deleting them would just have the advantage of freeing space in that partition that doesn't really get used for anything useful anyway. Freezing means you still have the option of unfreezing them for future use.

Reactions: z2akuma
Nov 3, 2010
If you delete system apps, can you still update when ice cream sandwich comes out? if not, do you think there will be a SBF file or even a recovery to flash back to stock?

MrDva

Mar 18, 2006
System Tuner Pro should allow you backup the app and delete it, or freezing it. Might give you another option, not to mention if someone here backs them up they might be able to share the backup so you can restore.

You could also just try another contacts app, Go Contacts for example.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instead of installing the yahoo apps you deleted. What I think you should do is copy them back in the system/app folder. After that just use something like root explorer to change the permissions matching the other apps that are on your phone. Reboot and it should be working again. :)

If I was any help please dont forget to thank me. I'm on a race to beat my friend :)
    Here's what I've frozen so far

Backup Assistant+ 1.0
    Backup Assistant+ media 1.0
    Device Setup 1.0
    Guided Tours 2.3.5
    Help Center 2.3.5
    IM 3.0.4.6
    IM Presence 2.3.5
    Let's Golf 2 1.0.5
    MOTOACTV 1.0.265
    News 2.3.5
    Slacker 3.0.546
    Social Location 6.01 <--- Freezing this app stops creation of locations in Smart Actions.
    Social Messaging 2.3.5
    Social Networking 2.3.5
    Social Sharing 2.3.5
    Universal Inbox 2.3.5
    Universal Inbox 2.3.5
    V CAST Tones 4.5.13
    Verizon Video 6.0.12
    VideoSurf 1.1.9
    Voicemail 1.1
    VZ Navigator 7.2.0.421

I'm sure there are plenty of others to freeze, but I haven't tried them yet.

I still would like to know if anyone has solved this issue as I can't figure out why I'm not reviving any notifications on my texts. Anyone???

Sent from my Rooted XT912 Razr! :)
    I know why, if you froze any of the Email* apps, it'll cause that. Tried it for myself.

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

I know why, if you froze any of the Email* apps, it'll cause that. Tried it for myself.
    Actually it's Email Engine 2.3.5 is the culprit, every other Email*.apk is safe to freeze

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

In other news, here's my list:

Amazon Kindle 2.0.5.103970165
    Backup Assistant+ 1.0
    Backup Assistant+ Media 1.0
    Books 1.5.2
    CarDock 1.0
    Device Setup 1.0
    Email 2.3.5
    Email Accounts 0.9
    Guided Tours 2.3.5
    Help Center 2.3.5
    Home screen tips 1.0
    IM 3.0.4.6
    IM Presence 2.3.5
    Linkedin Authenticator 2.3.5
    Messaging 2.3.5
    MOTOACTV 1.0.265
    MOTOPRINT 2.0.0.93
    My Files 2.3.5
    Netflix 1.6.0 build 443
    News 2.3.5
    NFL Mobile 5.6
    Quickoffice, Inc. 4.1.83
    Slacker 3.0.546
    Social Location 6.01
    Social Messaging 2.3.5
    Social Networking 2.3.5
    Social Sharing 2.3.5
    Social Status 2.3.5
    Universal Inbox 2.3.5
    Universal Inbox 2.3.5
    V CAST Tones 4.5.13
    Verizon Location Agent 2.0.0.82
    Verizon Video 6.1.34
    VideoSurf 2.0.0
    Voicemail 1.1
    VZ Navigator 7.2.0.421
    Webtop 1.0
    Webtop Connector 1.0
    Work Contacts 2.3.5
    Yahoo Calendar Service 2.3.5
    Yahoo Contacts 2.3.5

I can confirm text message notifications work, calendar app does not force close when adding a new event, contacts does not force close when clicking a number/name either. As far as I can tell everything works normally.

When uninstalling/freezing these (I have uninstalled them all) Webtop 1.0 will cause a constant force close until you reboot (I'd do this one last) via Power+VolDown+VolUp. After that everything is fine. MOTOACTV will also cause a single force close when uninstalling, but this doesn't seem to affect anything afterwards and everything is running stable.

I kept some things like Twitter Auth because I use Twitter (and wasn't sure if it would fail if I froze/uninstalled it). It's safe to freeze/uninstall though.
    Please post up your safe removal bloatware you've frozen with titanium backup here, I will post up mine when I get back home, and Ill add all to the first post, cheers.