ICS Code Released...waiting for a new ROM with it!

Search This thread

solitsnake

Sep 8, 2007
24Gb of RAM.....bullsh*t that doesn't even exist xD. You may have meant 2,4Gb..or else your sources are wrong ;).
Honestly people, just stop and think....does 24Gb of Ram even SOUND believable?! NO x)

Sent from my CM7 Defy

You dont have any clou!

Sure, not every noob have 24Gb of Ram, true.
But developers or Progers, some time.
Or hardcore Gamers.

24 Gb DDR3 Ram coast around 150$ only. And 32Gb DDR3 ram coast around 220$.
Thats not so mutch.

Last edited:

keewanchoapsss

Aug 30, 2010
Kilmarnock
24Gb of RAM.....bullsh*t that doesn't even exist xD. You may have meant 2,4Gb..or else your sources are wrong ;).
Honestly people, just stop and think....does 24Gb of Ram even SOUND believable?! NO x)

Sent from my CM7 Defy

Its possible to have 512 GB of ram now with the new quad channel ram that has just been released :) that amount would set you back a good few grand though

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

999phonebug

i have an idea, we send snail letters to our respective local motorola office en masse and ask them to provide a kernel compatible with ICS (or better yet, unlock the bootloader) for defy.

and we can make a show for it, like documenting the delivery of the mails, many tech news sites will be interested

maybe motorola will change its mind, maybe not, but at least we tried...

anyone in? who's drafting the letter?

Reactions: Auris 1.6 vvt-i

Kazid

Sorry, but is totaly aceptable 24gb on a dev-pc. Some greats sources can spend day (and why not say days) just to compile. Have you ever try to compile a debian to install on you pc? Whatever pc you have, it won't spend less than 4h. I spend almost 1h just to compile a compiller (gcc) on my pc, and it's even 200mb of source.

So belive when they say that you need a high-end pc to compile it. You can do it on your pc, but get ready to spend a day compilling, and pray to everything goes right, 'cause after 4h you see a msg that something is missing and you will have to configure everithing again before compile again is a big s*** ^^

K r i ll e

Dec 17, 2010
Why dont you compile a compiler to compile the slower compiler to make the compiling faster, and that way not waste the compiletime waiting for a compiler alone when you can compile everything togheter in one compiler to make all the compiling for your compilingneed instead?

Thats something I often think about., what a waste I say.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Reactions: john_duff

zyxwvut

Jun 4, 2008
Why dont you compile a compiler to compile the slower compiler to make the compiling faster, and that way not waste the compiletime waiting for a compiler alone when you can compile everything togheter in one compiler to make all the compiling for your compilingneed instead?

I just LOL'd ....... Thank you for that

mandhir.s.bajwa

Sep 19, 2011
New Delhi
LG G8X ThinQ

Thats a lot of Compiling.....:eek::D

radu_brd00

Dec 18, 2007
Craiova
Well i'm more than happy to help if i can with my pc but i don't know any of that programing stuff ... if i can use my video card like that folding or whatever it's named just let me know . I've got an nvidia gtx 480 on an intel core i7 @ 3.6 ghz .

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Well i'm more than happy to help if i can with my pc but i don't know any of that programing stuff ... if i can use my video card like that folding or whatever it's named just let me know . I've got an nvidia gtx 480 on an intel core i7 @ 3.6 ghz .

Sent from my MB525 using XDA App

Let's make it!!! Please, someone who knows well the function of grid computing systems or the way to do something similar, take the lead and guide us in order to compile the source of ics

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk

john_duff

Sep 17, 2008
heck! my pc is 4 hours, which is downloading the various repo, now I read on the forum dev-google that are prerequisites hardware to compile ics :
24GB of ram / ​​cpu intel xeon or dual i7, ADSL broadband or fiber optic ......:D

it's just the way business goes:
they want to push people to buy new computers for xmas...

M

mrolp

According to LG, Optimus Black P970 will be updated to ICS, and it has OMAP3630.
There's hope for our hardware.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Finally released the code for Ice Cream Sandwich!

The source code for Ice Cream Sandwich has finally been released, and already ahead of its predecessor, this Honeycomb. This Android 4.0 will operate as barriers accounted for 3.0 ROMs for developers and manufacturers of different products. Welcome to a new era.

In fact, the version released and available for download is 4.0.1, so that it is new face of which we have seen in some Galaxy Nexus surely debuggers or solution to a silly bug.

Currently this version is only available as a ready-made settings included, and settings for other devices will still have to wait. Needless to say, if you know what we talked about then is best to wait until they are released versions "for all", this is for high skills and developers.

It is a version almost embryonic but complete, for some technical problems they have had with your server, but also functional. You only have to download it (link is below) and in the source tree will have to find "full_maguro" that you can use to create a system image for Galaxy Nexus.

Just follow the instructions you will have once the download page (again, at the end of post), and for this use the following GIT:

repo init-u-b android-https://android.googlesource.com/platform/manifest 4.0.1_r1

We sure will be a long download and have patience, do not synchronize until we are sure it is fully completed or will have an unusable version.

This release includes all updates Android tree, including all of Honeycomb (care tablets manufacturers or rosemary), but insist that "everyone wants to focus on Ice Cream Sandwich" (words).

This discovery has published Jean-Baptiste Queru, Android Software Engineer in the Building Android group of AOSP. For questions, go to the source that we put down at all and do not hesitate to ask. Ice Cream Sandwich!
    im started to compiled for my nexus-s with 237.driver, for now we have the correct driver only for galaxy nexus, but if someone have an idea what driver for defy we can used i can try to porting to defy!
    We have a great community of developers working on this phone, it just hope it will last at least for another year. I've previously had a Samsung Galaxy Spica with great support from Samdroid but after some time they had some problems and stopped development till some while ago when tom3q started releasing GB for it (cm7). I've moved to LG p500 with also great support from XDA, but also the progress is kinda slow now, i have motorola defy (well not now, it's been a year) and i just love what progress is being made. I just hope it will last most than the two other devices mentioned.
    I think after we have fully working ICS (if we encounter no major problems with the kernel <or maybe we'll have an unlocked bootloader to play with---fingers crossed>) maybe then the development can stop:p
    I know this is a lot to ask the developers, since everyone moves to dual-core devices (and quad core soon)...but please stay with us on this one. You already have our deepest respect but we still need you guys:)
    Yeah I remember you. Even I was a member on samdroid forum and leshak made lot of development for spica but then he disappeared and then came tom3q. Now Tom3q is working on new kernel for spica. I remember even you had made some contribution for in making froyo possible for spica. And you know what even antibyte owns a defy. Hope he still owns it and helps the other devs develop ICS for defy.

my contribution on spica was very small... insignificant:p (a lock key fix and the 315x315 mod) not "really" contributing but thanks for remembering:)
    heck! my pc is 4 hours, which is downloading the various repo, now I read on the forum dev-google that are prerequisites hardware to compile ics :
    24GB of ram / ​​cpu intel xeon or dual i7, ADSL broadband or fiber optic ......:D

What the hell...???? Maybe someone with a supercomputer can do it... really???

Enviado desde mi MB525 usando Tapatalk