[APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

75 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By awjones, Member on 12th October 2011, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
16th November 2011, 07:40 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 211

More
Does app extractor work similar to titanium backup? Or does it work in an entirely different way?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

16th November 2011, 08:19 PM |#152  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyreturn

Does app extractor work similar to titanium backup? Or does it work in an entirely different way?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

AppExtractor will let you extract and restore apps / data from your Nandroid backups. Instead of making a separate app/data backup, you can just use a Nandroid backup to restore from. I believe Titanium Backup Pro has this functionality now as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awjones For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift awjones Ad-Free
16th November 2011, 08:34 PM |#153  
Flag Desert Rat
Thanks Meter: 223

More
When extracting app, is there any way to have appextractor rename the app with its actual name. Example, Angry Birds as "Angry Birds.apk" and not com.angrybirds.apk ?

Thanks + been using paid version,
17th November 2011, 08:56 AM |#154  
Flag Kuwait
Thanks Meter: 196

Donate to Me
More
Jones,
Would love to know what has to be checked to restore:

Date settings (I prefer to have it as dd/mm/yyyy)
Sound:
Vibrate settings (want the vibrate to be "always on")
Volume settings (all volumes to be at highest)
Phone Ringtone (want to have it restored to the one I have chosen)

Keyboard settings (want to have it default to my saved keyboard - not default android). Restoring the personal keyboard app setting only restores the settings for that app ... does not set that as default.

Accounts & Sync ... How to restore all the accounts I had set earlier instead of typing it in again.

Would really appreciate if you can tell me which system apps I have to restore to get those mentioned above back as it was in the image

Thanks & Cheers
17th November 2011, 08:01 PM |#155  
Throop

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eww245

So can the key apk be sideloaded without being logged into the Market? Reason I ask is I find it much eaiser to restore everything before signing into any accounts.

Well sideloading did not work, no big deal.

This is such an awesome app. Restored almost everything with no issues, just a few apps had to be restored with Titanium. Consider adding Call Log restore to the menu, it's in Contacts Storage.

Thanks
19th November 2011, 07:11 AM |#156  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midda

I just bought the key but the app won't unlock. It keeps telling me to buy the key, which I've already got installed. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and rebooting, but it still keeps telling me to buy a key. Is this a known issue? I'm using an Asus Transformer with the PRIME 2.1.0 ROM.

So I'm the only person who has this issue?
19th November 2011, 10:57 PM |#157  
Thanks Meter: 376

Donate to Me
More
Hi

I just bought the app, I should have tried it out before buying as my phone reboots itself a few seconds after starting the restore process

I will do some fishing in the logs to see what is doing it.

any other ideas
20th November 2011, 01:10 PM |#158  

More
wow it's wonderful
25th November 2011, 09:15 AM |#159  

More
Hi. I'm new here, and just wanted to share my experience.
I went from an out-of-the-box, unrooted Galaxy i9000 with 2.3.3 installed to a CyanogenMod 7.1.0. Before I even rooted my device, I did a backup of everything through ROM Manager 4.8.0.5 (the so-called NAND Backup) and Kies. After flashing CM 7 I tried to restore everything through ROM Manager without any luck. After many tries (and days) I finally settled to only get my contacts back (yes, I should have synced to Google, but I forgot). Searching through Google I found this post/app and thought "Wow! It just my work!". Sadly I have tried many times to restore either contacts, Wifi settings or sms without any luck at all. The only thing that partially works is the Restore Apps function. I say partially because the apps+data is restored, but an App never shows up in Market as installed (under Market->MyApps).
Anyways, I found in another post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=983471) a small java application that restores contacts from the .sbu file you make through Kies. This restored all my contacts and I'm relieved.
It would be nice if this App worked for everybody, since it really is a good idea. Thanks anyways for making this App!!
5th December 2011, 02:55 AM |#160  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
No more updates?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
5th December 2011, 03:39 AM |#161  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by negative13

No more updates?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I'm still planning on adding updates. Stay tuned.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)