FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][GB 2.3.5]GingerBread Phone 7 v0.5 (12/11/11)

591 posts
Thanks Meter: 188

By Peperm1nt, Senior Member on 26th September 2011, 05:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th November 2011, 12:00 AM |#151  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
The battery fix will be released tonight now that I have time. I've had some rl issues that I needed to take care of and I apologize for that.

PSA!!!!
I SHOULD be releasing a theme patch within the next few days. Im going to try and pump it out tonight for you guys though. The theme will be completely reworked from scratch(no UOT). Also a couple other update errors will be patched; also, the Camera and Gallery will be linked together for easy switching. Build.Prop updates and other system tweaks.

Also, Here is an update to future development. Keep in mind these may come at random times. I will not answer a question for etas on these. You will know when the development is in Beta or complete on any of these with a PSA. If you want to help in this project and know how to build these or give advice or pointers. Feel free to PM me the information. Please don't flood the thread with questions on these.

Future Development:
-Sense UI Transitions
I'm not totally sure if this is possible due to a locked BootLoader, But I plan on building a new launcher from the ground up on the next major release which should allow me to make these transitions. This is not something to be talked about at current on this forum. PM me if you have any advice or know what you are doing when it comes to developing, to get this feature quicker.

-Port/Build wp7 system apps(dialer, phone, sms, etc)
This is going to be my next venture in android development. I want to build the apps from source and try to recreate the look and function of the wp7 apps for a better wp7 look.

-Theme Manager
Of all my plans, this will probably be the first to be completed; as for future development goes. This will allow quick swapping of the theme. The overall look will stay inverted with color accents(hold on a notification) for a more custom look when you flash this rom. The idea should work with other x2 roms, and possibly other devices. The Theme Manager will allow users to also create his or her own theme(whether custom, UOT, and/or within the actual theme manager) and allow quick swapping of elements within the ROM. This will more than likely be a GBP7 only release, with two market versions(paid/free) for other developers and users to use. Think of it like Liberty Toolbox, but for themes.

-PowerMod v2
I'm going to probably start testing this after I get a patch or two released, and when the next major release comes out(2.3.5) I will probably be including this if the tests go well.

Anyway, here is some news for all the GBP7 followers and likers to dwell on for a while. I hope you enjoy the rom and expect a theme Patch and Market update patch within a day or two.

-Peperm1nt
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peperm1nt For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Peperm1nt Ad-Free

19th November 2011, 09:51 PM |#152  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Any ETA on the theme? I really want to use this rom, but the theme issues made it unusable for me. What WP7 apps are included? I like running launcher 7 over Eclipse , and I use WP7 Lock, Metro Messenger (not the beta), WP7 Dialer, WP7 Notifications, basically all the WP7 apps for Android, especially ZPlayer, but that's paid.
19th November 2011, 10:13 PM |#153  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Hopefully tomorrow night... Its a FULL redesign. Like the WHOLE thing.
20th November 2011, 12:06 AM |#154  
Flag Florida

More
Probably sounds stupid, but its still WP7 styled right?
20th November 2011, 12:34 AM |#155  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Yes.. Im prepping for a theme manager, thats why Im doing a full redesign.

Its going to be inverted with Orange accents(mango).

And this will allow me to make a theme manager that will replace the accents with color of choice. Also, You can make your own custom themes HOPEFULLY within the app.
21st November 2011, 12:41 PM |#156  
Flag Florida

More
Will I be able to flash the theme over the current rom? Because I'm thinking of just switching now, and waiting for the theme.
21st November 2011, 09:41 PM |#157  
Flag Florida

More
Can we get an updated theme fix? I just flashed back to GP7 and I can't figure out how to change the background or text colors.
22nd November 2011, 01:40 AM |#158  
Flag Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
Peppermint just curious. ... clearly u have a vast knowledge of developing any plans to make your own custom rom outside of this project? Would love to see what u could bring to the table.. and I guess sorry for hijacking this thread just kinda been thinking about this for a bit

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App
22nd November 2011, 03:54 AM |#159  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin3328

Peppermint just curious. ... clearly u have a vast knowledge of developing any plans to make your own custom rom outside of this project? Would love to see what u could bring to the table.. and I guess sorry for hijacking this thread just kinda been thinking about this for a bit

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

I have thought about it, but I have little time as it is with keeping this rom up to date! I actually am in the works of adding in the features stated in the Future Dev section. I don't have a "vast" knowledge, but I have learned a LOT about developing for this device. I plan on doing other stuff IN THE FUTURE, but as for anytime soon, I appologize. But maybe something will come up soon. Someone pointed me to a different launcher and it looks to go in the direction I would like to see GBP7 evolve into; however keeping the WP7 elements. As for my statement on this, I have to say that I don't know what the future will hold. Currently, I'm just finding random bugs(like the Battery Fix I made) and tweaking those. And I'm trying to learn more in the tweaking of the actual system and finding how it works to bring this beast alive, with the limits we have(locked BL). Also, I want to bring this rom to other devices. No one is going in the direction I am taking in Android and I want to try to stay as innovative as I can. To be honest, my original intentions was to "downgrade" our phone to an ORIGINAL cell phone device and build from that(ie. calls, sms, bluetooth, camera, and music only!!! no Smart Phone features). The idea was to bring back OLD stuff and see how the phone would perform in basic form and evolve from that.

As for a theme patch, soon hopefully. Ran into .9 errors and I'm awaiting for the edits from a friend which will fix the theme for everyone. Soon! This will setup the Theme Manager app for this ROM and will allow me to allow easy edits to the overall phone(think Liberty Toolbox but for GBP7).
24th November 2011, 06:28 PM |#160  
OP Senior Member
Flag Matewan

Donate to Me
More
Bump for update!

Flash the patch over your existing v4 GBP7 rom to get the effects. Make sure you WIPE CACHE AND DALVIK-CACHE! Happy Holidays!
26th November 2011, 04:43 AM |#161  
Flag Florida

More
Thanks for the patch. I noticed a few issues with the current ROM. One is small: The Gingerbread Phone 7 logo is stretched when in landscape mode. The other is large: there are very few visible apps compared with Eclipse 1.3. I'm not sure what the cause is for the latter, most likely a device identity error that confuses the Market. (i.e. daytona being spelled datona). But I noticed it after several reflashes, so its not an isolated error.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gbp7, gingerbread phone 7, peperm1nt, wp7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)