[ROM][CWM] Stock Deodexed KJ2 w/Root [11/1/11] - PDT

Search This thread

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
This is a Stock ROM for the KJ2 update that we never officially received. Its Deodexed and Rooted with the Modified recovery inside already, so you can use CWM.

Everything is Stock KJ2. The Kernel and Modem and everything else is untouched. Just rooted with the modded recovery, and deodexed.

Same install Method. Check mounts and remember to disable voodoo if you have it enabled or you'll soft brick (Remember this has a Stock Kernel!).

Stock KJ2-DEO-ROOTED

May I have a odexed version of this rom please? :)

Or at least PM me about how you got the original from here to work at least. Thanks

I would really love to use an odex version of the rom as a base for a new custome rom I would like to start working on.

sduvick

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 15, 2010
MN
The original odexed version was made by mounting the system.rfs as a loop in linux and copying the system files out. The system.rfs in that release is just a big iso essentially, except for rfs.

Reactions: -x]Trunks[x-

HeavyYeti

Nov 8, 2011
El Paso, Texas
I posted this question in the General forum, but we never got the actual source for the KJ2 update did we? I find the KD1 and the KG2, but we have something missing. Strange, considering most sources are out within a week.

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
DO NOT FLASH TO THIS ROM!!! THIS IS THE CAUSE OF A NONRECOVERABLE BRICK!

I narrowed it down to what cause my misfortune. It's this file. It's somehow corrupted. Do not flash!!! I now have two bricks, lol. The warranty replacement device is bricked also, haha!!

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
I wish I was that it could be fixed in recovery. But no the file itself is corrupt and, when flashed, corrupts the file structure of the phone somehow. When you click on the download link on the first post, I downloaded from fileserve. Maybe that link has a corrupt file or something. But it's that exact file that definitely is the culprit.

So please beware when flashing any of these files since the main megaupload file can't be accessed anymore.

papped

Jan 28, 2007
Even if you flash a corrupt zip it won't render the sk4g unrecoverable...

Worst case you get a soft brick.

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
I know in bricking devices in the past they could all be recovered because they were all soft bricks. But in this case, unfortunately the flash corrupted the system of the phone so much that it can't boot normally long enough to enter download or recovery modes. It's like it freezes within a second of booting up, stuck at the Samsung logo. Even the charging battery animation when the phone is off freezes.

badboi_zero

Jan 24, 2011
Idk. It sucks balls though. Unless you wanna try it out so you know what problem it is, lol. Whether corrupt or incomplete download, it should still boot to recovery or download mode in the least..

UPDATE: Nvm. There was something wrong on the computer end of things. The usb port and cable weren't functioning properly to boot into download mode. I got it into download. Sorry, all :D

Last edited:

nickmcminn60

Oct 9, 2010
Asheville
Got Mirror anyone? getting ready to just run stock, this file searching is killing me.b At this rate Ill have a rom out next year. FML!

Top Liked Posts