Modding Chinese Android Hero H6 (android 2.1)

Search This thread

Lovis

Jun 15, 2011
H6 update.

Hey, me too have an Android H6 Froyo and I will like to update it to 2.3 Gingerbread. Is there anything I can do?

luiskabuto

Oct 11, 2009
Merida
Dear bgcngm:

Greetings from Venezuela, i got an HTC magic clon, with the chip mtk 6516, from a company named XPHONEX, build with Android 2.1, also got a IMG.ISO 2.2 Froyo original send by the company, could you do something? tell me how to send you the IMG and colaborate here for customize the rom :D

fritz02

Apr 2, 2011
Flashing of h6 does not work help me please

please someone can help me solve this problem, this post is published in pandawill put it here in the hope that someone help me, thank you in advance for your help

Flashing of h6 does not work when following the process described here.

I used a H6 that lost IMEIs after a factory reset - a situation thousands proud owners of such a phone seem to face as well without being provided a feasable remedy solution.

I'm using a PC with Windows XP SP3. I've downloaded and installed the H6 firmware files from your site. These files are defintely Windows files. They do not work on other OSs like Linux.
I've also installed the Prolific 2303 USB-to-Serial Comm Port drivers as one of the usb plugs of the special flash cable provided by you holds a Prolific 2303 chip in it. Otherwise the cable is not detected at all on my machine.

Starting the Flash Tool to flash my phone gets me a first error message "S_COM_PORT_OPEN_FAIL(1011)" in the status line. Removing the battery and re-inserting it starts the tool nevertheless. Formatting of NAND works fine (four cicles: DA-FR-DA-DL) but then two error messages "ANDROID ERROR" and "can not find usb port" appear and the Flash Tool stops.
It seems that the Flash Tool is only working when the special Android USB drivers are installed as requested for a Windows machines to properly communicate with Android Smartphones
As my phone has now a fully formatted NAND the phone does not power up at all and therefore cannot be detected as an Android phone by my windows machine anymore. Thus I cannot install the Android USB drivers either.

Fact is that I'm now stuck with a completely dead phone and a flashing process that does not work.
What solution can you provide me to this situation. Thank you.

henri_p

Nov 11, 2006
taipei
Dear bgcngm:

Greetings from Venezuela, i got an HTC magic clon, with the chip mtk 6516, from a company named XPHONEX, build with Android 2.1, also got a IMG.ISO 2.2 Froyo original send by the company, could you do something? tell me how to send you the IMG and colaborate here for customize the rom :D

Why don't you upload this to rapidshare or something? I think many people (including me) would be happy to get this...

lingfude

Jun 22, 2011
Aveiro
dmec-reviews.blogspot.pt
Hi,

I have a chinese phone is the Ciphone A9.
I tryed change the oficial update.zip to replace some application with the new versions, but when I try apply the changed update.zip I always get "Installation aborted".
Can any one tell me how to make an working update.zip?

Thanks

roberto121

Sep 23, 2011
Ending call beep H6 Android 2.2.1

Hi! Maybe someone have a solution to mute ending call beep in Hero H6 with 2.2.1 android? This sound is very annoying, and it comes from rear speaker (sound is very loud), but in other cell phones with android comes from front speaker. When I mute all sounds in phone, this sound still is.

aryanitinkumar

Nov 7, 2011
Kharkov
Can anyone upload me the ROM for H6 2.2.1 Android phone! I need it urgently for my bricked phone!!

Urgently needed!! ROM for Chinese H6 - Model # e1000_klx2 2011/2/25 andriod version 2.2.1!! Thanks in advance!!

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 AM ----------

i have the 2.2.1 udate by the way.. but its not a zi file!
Dear Fat_fat can you please upload the 2.2.1 update!!
Thanks in advance!!

lagoniko

Nov 28, 2011
hero h2000 problem

hello i have a problem with my hero h2000 i bought it from abroad and using it in greece.the problem is that it has no greek inside and before some days after runing out of batery doesnt recognize sd card.and when i restart it it stucks on boot with the android logo down to the bottom.so i have to take of the card and the batery and boot it again without sd card.i tried with other sd level 10 etc new also but still the same even formating the sd and bring the car in factory reset hips of times.now i am sure that some of the internal files of the rom corrupted after running out of battery!i think i need another rom!could you blease tell me where to find one?and if there is a way to install greek menu!thanks and sorry for my big message!

ghosr1408

Feb 23, 2012
Petrinja
loncarstvo-val.com
LINK for download for official rom hyundai h6 phone.

In zip are 2 versions of the software. People usually flash v06 and its ok, but for my phone it was the 08 version. Flash version 06 first, if your camera is working your ok, if your camera is not working flash 08.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Y
    Hello!
    I just bought an Chinese Android Phone Hero H6. I guess it's the cheapest Android Phone available (it sells for like US$120) and it has a MTK6516 chip.

I could root it using Universal Androot, but I'd like to take it to the next step:
    use apps2sd or maybe update it to Froyo (I don't know if it's possible since it appears to have only 128MB RAM).

To install apps2sd I'd have to update the recovery, right?
    Does anyone here has the same device so we can try to make it happen?

I'd be very grateful! :)

Thank you!

I Wont Lie To You, I'm Not Really Familiar With The Chinese Version, But I Do Have The Cdma Hero!!
    You Should Be Able To Do The Same Thing As Me!! Don't See Why Not??

Try *Z4Root* For "Root", & Install
    *Rom Manager* For "Recovery"

Also There's A App Called *Install- Manager* That Will Allow You To Move Apps From Phone Without Partitioning Your Sdcard!!

Hope This Helps!!

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App
    Hi there
    I am looking for a recovery.img for my H6 (mtk6516) which gives me the 'update.zip' option when I start the phone in recovery mode. My recovery just shows a triangle with exclamation mark, no options. or am i doing something wrong? Can anyone post a recovery.img?
    I appreciate any help!

Cheers!
    here is the recovery for the h6.
    i flashed it using the serial cable, but i am sure you can flash it using adb
    megaupload.com/?d=TPYW1GT6
    I have H6 with android 2.1.
    Recovery: megaupload: DXC1BMEO (I cant post links)
    ROM: megaupload: NDTK10L6

1. Root your phone (Universal Androot)
    2. install a terminal emulator
    3. copy recovery and ROM to SD card (root directory)
    4. run terminal
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    5. power-off the phone
    6. hold the VOL + when power-on the phone
    7. choose the third item (see the words ROM and Zip)
    8. choose file h6public3.zip
    9. confirm (press menu button 2 times)
    10. reset (2nd item from bottom)
    Recovered the recovery image!

I have found an english version of the recovery image for the A3000 on the mobileuncle site. I followed the instructions on page 6 to install, i.e.:

1. Root your phone (Universal Androot) - Mine was already rooted using Z4Root
    2. install a terminal emulator - I used connectBot, works for local and ssh/telnet
    3. copy recovery and ROM to SD card (root directory)
    4. run terminal
    su
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
    5. reboot the phone

The thread from mobileuncle is "Resistive A3000 MTK Android2.2 Recovery0.9.1 English Version"

I believe it would probably work on the H6, it's worth a try anyway.

Here is the file:
    One question: how did you download from myuncle? I never managed to even when logged in, how do the download links work?
    You need login to see some images and post something (points system) to see links.