[ENG.DEV.] Sony Bravia Engine -DesZ- HQ IMAGE/MOVIE Quality Improvements

Search This thread

XxXPachaXxX

May 1, 2010
Naples
Hello guys :D i'm very happy to share with you this...BRAVIA ENGINE! Enjoy :p
I tell about this: video :p

IT's A Post-Processing Engine, so you can view the improvements only on your phone's screen...enjoy new quality!

1) GUIDE for Manual Installation on each Rom! (2.2 & 2.3)

-Download BraviaE Files Pack: HERE

-Extract files on phone and put they in the directory:
Code:
[B]/system/etc[/B]

-Open /system/build.prop with a text editor (like RootExplorer)
and add these lines at the end:
Code:
#Additional Tweaks by XxXPachaXxX

#Bravia Engine Service
ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
persist.service.swiqi.enable=1

-Then, Save the file and Exit

-Now, set the right permissions or open a terminal emulator and execute:
Code:
su
busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_photo
busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_movie
busybox chown 0.0 /system/etc/be_photo
busybox chown 0.0 /system/etc/be_movie

-Fully Reboot the device and enjoy BRAVIA :p

DOWNLOADS:::INFO:::SUPPORT

Last edited:

NeverGone\RU

Oct 10, 2008
Moscow
It's supposed to work only when viewing photos/vids?
If so, it seems to work for me. Contrast bumped a bit.
Unity 2.39 on European DZ, if anyone's interested.
Would be good if it's possible to add this BE toggle to settings, to disable/enable it on the fly (to compare the image quality, for ex.)
Thanks for your post.
edit: nope, it seems it doesn't work. got another dz to compare and there's absolutely no difference in image quality.
maybe some devs will get their hands on this thing?

Last edited:

mejorguille

Dec 14, 2009
Florida
I've installed it without a problem. I don't see very much difference between having it enabled or not, and installation is too cumbersome to maintain everytime I update to a new rom or nightly. Its cool, but too much hastle. Make it a flashable zip if you want more people to use it.

tsubus

Dec 1, 2010
plus.google.com
Honestly, I'm not even sure if this even runs at all. Putting two files in /system/etc and adding 2 lines to build.prop doesn't seem to me that it makes anything run. I'm not 100% sure how build.prop works, so I might be wrong.

I've tried the fix on one G2 and compared to another G2 on the same picture, at the same time. Exact same picture quality, but then again, my eyes might not be good enough.

erichung_13

Jan 13, 2011
Melbourne
Honestly, I'm not even sure if this even runs at all. Putting two files in /system/etc and adding 2 lines to build.prop doesn't seem to me that it makes anything run. I'm not 100% sure how build.prop works, so I might be wrong.

I've tried the fix on one G2 and compared to another G2 on the same picture, at the same time. Exact same picture quality, but then again, my eyes might not be good enough.

eyes might not be good enough? lol :p
If you cannot see the difference then obviously the quality change is insignificant enough to disregard the trouble of typing in all these commands

H

hoffmas

I applied this patch, but i have to say for me its also hard to see the difference... Is there any way to proof that its working?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama

I agree. I can't tell a difference on video either. I CAN tell when Sony did it's demo but this... nada. I smell bs here. I doubt a rendering engine can be so small. It seems like these are just files that accompany an engine and not the full deal. The OP needs to come up with some proof that this sh!t runs because the consensus is that same everywhere he posts this: it doesn't do a thing!

ngc604

Jul 14, 2009
Riverside CA
This is a dev forum. But I have only seen one person reply with anything dev worthy. By that I mean what rom they are using. Just saying you ran this on a g2 or a DZ does not help anything. More info about what your running would be best to make this discussion worth anything.

Also. What video are you attempting to view? Something converted to the phones resolution? Video taken with the phone? A blueray 1080p rip? I see alot of *****ing but no info coming forth.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Last edited:

NeverGone\RU

Oct 10, 2008
Moscow
This is a dev forum. But I have only seen one person reply with anything dev worthy. By that I mean what rom they are using. Just saying you ran this on a g2 or a DZ does not help anything. More info about what your running would be best to make this discussion worth anything.
it was me, lol :D
But ROM name/version won't help here IMO.
The files OP has uploaded are too small.
And the contents is quite strange. Not an ELF or any other binary. Maybe just a screen color profile, sort of ICC. But it won't work if we just put them onto phone.
There should be some service to manage all these things. Something from /system/lib or /system/framework. There's something about "swiqi" service in original post, but there's no file for this.
Why should our rom just use files put to /etc?
So I'm guessing it won't work... maybe just yet :)

Last edited:

sino8r

Sep 7, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
it was me, lol :D
But ROM name/version won't help here IMO.
The files OP has uploaded are too small.
And the contents is quite strange. Not an ELF or any other binary. Maybe just a screen color profile, sort of ICC. But it won't work if we just put them onto phone.
There should be some service to manage all these things. Something from /system/lib or /system/framework. There's something about "swiqi" service in original post, but there's no file for this.
Why should our rom just use files put to /etc?
So I'm guessing it won't work... maybe just yet :)

that's what I was saying... there are no lib files or any type of an engine to run this overlay. It doesnt work that way.

etp23

May 4, 2011
el paso texas
Is there a flash able zip for cm7.1 stable.?? If solo can someone please pm me please ! :(

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys :D i'm very happy to share with you this...BRAVIA ENGINE! Enjoy :p
    I tell about this: video :p

IT's A Post-Processing Engine, so you can view the improvements only on your phone's screen...enjoy new quality!

1) GUIDE for Manual Installation on each Rom! (2.2 & 2.3)

-Download BraviaE Files Pack: HERE

-Extract files on phone and put they in the directory:
    Code:
    [B]/system/etc[/B]

-Open /system/build.prop with a text editor (like RootExplorer)
    and add these lines at the end:
    Code:
    #Additional Tweaks by XxXPachaXxX

#Bravia Engine Service
    ro.service.swiqi.supported=true
    persist.service.swiqi.enable=1

-Then, Save the file and Exit

-Now, set the right permissions or open a terminal emulator and execute:
    Code:
    su
    busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_photo
    busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_movie
    busybox chown 0.0 /system/etc/be_photo
    busybox chown 0.0 /system/etc/be_movie

-Fully Reboot the device and enjoy BRAVIA :p

DOWNLOADS:::INFO:::SUPPORT
    hi, I had tried but when I write on emulator "busybox chmod 0755 /system/etc/be_photo
    " it replies to me "Busybox permission denied"!