136 posts
Thanks Meter: 184

By igor.bezkrovny, Senior Member on 14th October 2011, 12:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th November 2011, 09:12 PM |#291  
Flag Edmonton, AB
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination, but this mod is amazing. Thanks for the work you've put in Igor, and the very thorough analysis divedr! All appreciated!

19th November 2011, 11:22 PM |#292  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igor.bezkrovny

I think for many of us it will be very interesting to see images you made with different cameras with shot conditions in image description to compare. Can you post them? Thx

Igor, yes I can but I do not believe the images themselves would be of any significant value. There would be no way to standardize what each person would see on their display due to individual display adapter and monitor hardware variances, brightness, contrast settings, color curves, dot pitch, etc. What would be of greater value would be the histograms. I would have to assemble them to post and it would take me some time to do this. If people (you) are interested I will do it, please leave some feedback and on the basis of requests I will try to make as much data available as possible.

Thanks for the point in the right direction, I have taken the time to thoroughly familiarize myself with the settings within the Amaze camera app and can now access all of the available functionality.

The one thing that I believe absolutely would make this port STELLAR would be to enable metering settings. The ability to adjust the metering mode is paramount in as much as real world usability is concerned. If there is a way to enable metering parameter selection spot, center area and average as are enabled in the evo 4G it would give the evo 3D the ability to essentially replace a dedicated point and shoot digital camera. As far as functionality and real world usability are concerned this would be the ONE feature set of greatest import. Forget about enabeling Sweep Mode, Burst Mode, etc. Focus on getting metering parameters enabled. To give an idea of how important the ability to select these functions is Canon removed spot metering from their entry level DSLRs firmware for two hardware iterations in order to make photographers who wanted this functionality buy up to the higher price class of xxD series DSLR camera bodies.

Bottom line get metering selection working and you have a HOMERUN! If I can be of anty assistance in this regard please feel free to PM me. Thanks again for the excellent work, please keep it up!
19th November 2011, 11:52 PM |#293  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Version 0.09 is temporary removed because it now always saves into 3GP
I'm working on this
20th November 2011, 12:02 AM |#294  

More
Quote:

Version 0.09 is temporary removed because it now always saves into 3GP
I'm working on this

Igor thanks again for the port, great work. I will be posting some comparatives soon.
20th November 2011, 03:30 AM |#295  
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Was the video format the only issue with 09? Should we flash back to 08. Thanks for the work!
20th November 2011, 03:39 AM |#296  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
any way to increase 3d depth? the 3d effect is there but not as strong as with the original camera app
20th November 2011, 04:43 AM |#297  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moricon

Was the video format the only issue with 09? Should we flash back to 08. Thanks for the work!

New version v0.10 uploaded.
The Following User Says Thank You to igor.bezkrovny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift igor.bezkrovny Ad-Free
20th November 2011, 05:09 AM |#298  
Thanks Meter: 133

More
is the smile/ blink detect working? search for the post , there no one mention about this
20th November 2011, 06:27 AM |#299  

More
Quote:

New version v0.10 uploaded.

Igor, as you asked here are the data from the comparisons I made. As they say a picture is worth a thousand words:

The dynamic range from the Amaze port is superior to the stock and modded stock cameras. The lower set of images illustrate the resolution (level of detail) from the Amaze port is better than stock or the modded stock camera from Clean ROM 2.8.

All things considered, if you can enable metering mode selection it would make this port the BEST camera app hands down for the evo 3D. I wouldn't look to change anything before getting metering working. The other parameters (Sweep Shot, Burst, Video CODECs, etc.) are eye candy compared to the metering modes. The ability to change metering modes affects the capabilities of a digiital imaging system significantly. The ability to switch metering modes is a real photographic tool which when enabled would endow the evo 3D with significantly increased abilities as a photographic instrument. Igor if you can pull this off it would be a coup!

Thanks again for all the hard work!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to divedr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift divedr Ad-Free
20th November 2011, 09:01 AM |#300  
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Hey Igor I have a question. When taking 3d pictures i'm noticing less of a 3d effect as compared to the stock. Is this true for everyone our did I do something wrong when I flashed it? I am also noticing darker 3d pictures but that could be my lighting.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
20th November 2011, 12:18 PM |#301  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_k786

Hey Igor I have a question. When taking 3d pictures i'm noticing less of a 3d effect as compared to the stock. Is this true for everyone our did I do something wrong when I flashed it? I am also noticing darker 3d pictures but that could be my lighting.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium

As far as darker is conceerned see my post directly before yours. The 3D effect is far less pronounced in the high res version of the application. Try the lower resolution version and you should see better 3D.
The Following User Says Thank You to divedr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift divedr Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc tweaked camera

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)