[GO Widget Theme Maker] Instructions (all 14 widgets) and Themes

Search This thread

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008
Are you a fan of GO Widgets? Me too. Interested in making some skins/ themes for them? So am I.

Section 1: Theme Maker and Instructions
The GO Team has put together a theme maker and some instructions from this thread:
v1 Template
v1 Instructions
v1 Template Mirror - Mediafire

Section 2: Adding Additional Widgets
The Widget theme maker v1 contains the following widgets: Bookmark, Caldendar, Contacts, Facebook, SMS, Switch, Task Manager, Twitter and Weibo.

But as you know, there are more GO widgets. Here is how to include them in your theme (basically, I decompiled their transparent theme and Frankensteined it all together). Note: I don't know how to skin the clock yet - anyeone else???

DOWNLOAD ALL THE NECESSARY FILES HERE.

YOU MUST KEEP THE FOLDER ARCHITECTURE INTACT FOR THIS TO WORK! Edit the pngs, xmls as per ususal.

GO Store
a- add widget_gostorewidget.xml to assets
b- add the images to your drawable folder
c- add the following line to strings.xml in res/values
Code:
<string name="gostore_theme">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

News - is this even a released widget yet???
a- add widget_newswidget.xml to assets
Code:
<string name="news3g44themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

Note (4x3 only)
a- add widget_notewidget.xml to assets
Code:
<string name="note_theme_43_title">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

QQWeibo
a- add widget_qqweibowidget.xml to assets
c- add the following lines to strings.xml in res/values
Code:
<string name="qqweibo44themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
<string name="qqweibo41themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

Search
a- add widget_searchwidget.xml to assets
Code:
<string name="search1">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

My entire strings.xml looks like:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resources>
    <string name="hello">Hello World, TestGoTheme2!</string>
    <string name="app_name">RBW</string>
    <string name="dialogtitle">Checking GO Launcher EX</string>
    <string name="dialogcontent">GO Launcher EX is not installed in your phone, please press OK to download it</string>
    <string name="dialogok">OK</string>
    <string name="contact1">RBW</string>
    <string name="contact2">RBW</string>
    <string name="search1">RBW</string>
    <string name="sms42title">RBW</string>
    <string name="sms44title">RBW</string>
    <string name="sms44sessiontitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="task11title">RBW</string>
    <string name="task22title">RBW</string>
    <string name="task42title">RBW</string>
    <string name="tasknews41title">RBW</string>
    <string name="fb44title">RBW</string>
    <string name="twitter44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="twitter41themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="weibo44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="weibo41themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="qqweibo44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="qqweibo41themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="news3g44themetitle">RBW</string>
    <string name="theme_43_title">RBW</string>
    <string name="theme_22_title">RBW</string>
    <string name="gostore_RBW_theme">RBW</string>
    <string name="bookmark_theme_title">RBW</string>
    <string name="switch_black">RBW</string>
    <string name="note_theme_43_title">RBW</string>
</resources>

Now on to the themes...If you make one, post it here - let's share!

Attachments

• GOWidget_addons_V1.0.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,953
Last edited:

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008
Section 3: XDA User Themes
Below is simply some themes and links...enjoy!

RBW
xda1.png

xda2.png

Donate ($0.99) - Market | Free - XDA exclusive

mindseed

May 2, 2011
Johannesburg
mindseed.co.za
Compilation errors - please help

Good day, I've been trying to get the Widget Template thing working and after a week of trying to sort out these errors I've come to post a query on it. Perhaps one of you professional theme editors can give me a hand. Please.

Here is the screenshot of my CMD window - please shout if you need any other info - this is driving me nuts.

tbq5r.png

thanks in advance

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008
Good day, I've been trying to get the Widget Template thing working and after a week of trying to sort out these errors I've come to post a query on it. Perhaps one of you professional theme editors can give me a hand. Please.
Here is the screenshot of my CMD window - please shout if you need any other info - this is driving me nuts.
thanks in advance

i am not well versed in all of this. but it seems like your pathways are not all set up. (at work, don't have the word doc with me) - but if i recall, it seems there was a lot of set up in the beginning of the packet and at the end. the most important being the pathway to your java (which is different than previous theme makers). i see two triage ways to handle this
1- start from the beginning and check all pathways (i am sure you have done this...). i will try to pull out every pathway i changed when i get home. maybe tell me what changes you have done and i can double check with what i have done.
2- share your project with me and i can take a look - am happy to do this (once you figure it out, second time is no problem.) share a dropbox? i realize you may want to keep your icons private, but i have no interest in stealing work. or your could replace them with original icons and i'll just look at the pathways.

why is it that i can never load any of the go for android webpages?
sorry, mate, am not really following you. what webpages are you looking at? widgets or links in the OP?

Reactions: mindseed

TheKucho

Jul 22, 2011
Jsm, i love your RBW widget theme! But sadly it doesn't match my ics theme. So can i request an ICS widget theme? I mainly use the switch widget, so that's pretty much all I'm requesting but if you find it a hobby, by all means. It's alright if you can't or your busy, i understand.

Sent from my rockin' Galaxy S 4G using XDA Premium App

mindseed

May 2, 2011
Johannesburg
mindseed.co.za
i am not well versed in all of this. but it seems like your pathways are not all set up. (at work, don't have the word doc with me) - but if i recall, it seems there was a lot of set up in the beginning of the packet and at the end. the most important being the pathway to your java (which is different than previous theme makers). i see two triage ways to handle this
1- start from the beginning and check all pathways (i am sure you have done this...). i will try to pull out every pathway i changed when i get home. maybe tell me what changes you have done and i can double check with what i have done.
2- share your project with me and i can take a look - am happy to do this (once you figure it out, second time is no problem.) share a dropbox? i realize you may want to keep your icons private, but i have no interest in stealing work. or your could replace them with original icons and i'll just look at the pathways.

Thanks... very much. I may do that. Will go through instructions again to ensure I've followed everything to the T - I may have missed something that's creating these hassles. I did go through each batch command seperately but couldn't really work out why the errors were popping up -though I'm not a cmd.exe professional by any stretch of the imagination :) dos scares the hell outta me

Thanks for always responding so fast and your willingness to help. It's greatly appreciated. I may send you my source file later. I have no problem with you "stealing" my icons - the thought never even crossed my mind. All my themes are free anyway so no harm done. Maybe one day when South Africa is allowed to sell paid apps I'll be a little more careful :) thanks again bro.

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008
Jsm, i love your RBW widget theme! But sadly it doesn't match my ics theme. So can i request an ICS widget theme? I mainly use the switch widget, so that's pretty much all I'm requesting but if you find it a hobby, by all means. It's alright if you can't or your busy, i understand.
greetings. thanks for the support! understand the need to keep it consistent. ICS would be fun...but you are right. the amount of time i am not sure i have (thought many are redudant, there are ~600 icons..)

if i were to think about it is there a repository for ICS icons? ICS colors? i don't use the theme so do not know really how it looks...which you can imagine is key for this sort of thing.

Thanks... very much. I may do that. Will go through instructions again to ensure I've followed everything to the T - I may have missed something that's creating these hassles. I did go through each batch command seperately but couldn't really work out why the errors were popping up -though I'm not a cmd.exe professional by any stretch of the imagination :) dos scares the hell outta me

Thanks for always responding so fast and your willingness to help. It's greatly appreciated. I may send you my source file later. I have no problem with you "stealing" my icons - the thought never even crossed my mind. All my themes are free anyway so no harm done. Maybe one day when South Africa is allowed to sell paid apps I'll be a little more careful :) thanks again bro.
willing to help...just paying it forward. frustrating when you do everything right and it doesn't work. let me know! no promises...i got lucky and it worked. still have no idea half the time what i am doing....

(and hope no offense taken about the "stealing" - just old conversations...rather accusations....influencing a current conversation.)

cheers.

TheKucho

Jul 22, 2011
greetings. thanks for the support! understand the need to keep it consistent. ICS would be fun...but you are right. the amount of time i am not sure i have (thought many are redudant, there are ~600 icons..)

if i were to think about it is there a repository for ICS icons? ICS colors? i don't use the theme so do not know really how it looks...which you can imagine is key for this sort of thing.

willing to help...just paying it forward. frustrating when you do everything right and it doesn't work. let me know! no promises...i got lucky and it worked. still have no idea half the time what i am doing....

(and hope no offense taken about the "stealing" - just old conversations...rather accusations....influencing a current conversation.)

cheers.

All is well man! If anything, you can just make those icons white, just plain white. And are the borders of your widgets hard to replace? I have a color code that is a close replica of the ics color, which is "#FF26A1FF". Thanks for your time!

Reactions: dabuilder

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008
All is well man! If anything, you can just make those icons white, just plain white. And are the borders of your widgets hard to replace? I have a color code that is a close replica of the ics color, which is "#FF26A1FF". Thanks for your time!

sorry, but what you said just amounted to "hey, just redo the whole thing." ha! making icons just white and replacing the border - well that is making a theme. :rolleyes: when i asked for a repository i mean a repository - icons, borders, (and more than one color, but one is a start), etc. then i'll look if i can do it. i do not feel like making any icons for another theme (again a complete theme is >600 icons...not an simple task...) i know there is a cm7 theme...maybe i'll take a look.

let me know what you find.

TheKucho

Jul 22, 2011
sorry, but what you said just amounted to "hey, just redo the whole thing." ha! making icons just white and replacing the border - well that is making a theme. :rolleyes: when i asked for a repository i mean a repository - icons, borders, (and more than one color, but one is a start), etc. then i'll look if i can do it. i do not feel like making any icons for another theme (again a complete theme is >600 icons...not an simple task...) i know there is a cm7 theme...maybe i'll take a look.

Haha, my bad man. If it's too much of a hassle, don't sweat it. I don't need it like i need food and water. I'll keep looking for stuff though.

jsmccabe78

May 16, 2008

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Are you a fan of GO Widgets? Me too. Interested in making some skins/ themes for them? So am I.

Section 1: Theme Maker and Instructions
    The GO Team has put together a theme maker and some instructions from this thread:
    v1 Template
    v1 Instructions
    v1 Template Mirror - Mediafire

Section 2: Adding Additional Widgets
    The Widget theme maker v1 contains the following widgets: Bookmark, Caldendar, Contacts, Facebook, SMS, Switch, Task Manager, Twitter and Weibo.

But as you know, there are more GO widgets. Here is how to include them in your theme (basically, I decompiled their transparent theme and Frankensteined it all together). Note: I don't know how to skin the clock yet - anyeone else???

DOWNLOAD ALL THE NECESSARY FILES HERE.

YOU MUST KEEP THE FOLDER ARCHITECTURE INTACT FOR THIS TO WORK! Edit the pngs, xmls as per ususal.

GO Store
    a- add widget_gostorewidget.xml to assets
    Code:
    <string name="gostore_theme">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

News - is this even a released widget yet???
    a- add widget_newswidget.xml to assets
    Code:
    <string name="news3g44themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

Note (4x3 only)
    a- add widget_notewidget.xml to assets
    Code:
    <string name="note_theme_43_title">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

QQWeibo
    a- add widget_qqweibowidget.xml to assets
    c- add the following lines to strings.xml in res/values
    Code:
    <string name="qqweibo44themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>
    <string name="qqweibo41themetitle">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

Search
    a- add widget_searchwidget.xml to assets
    Code:
    <string name="search1">YOUR THEME NAME</string>

My entire strings.xml looks like:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <resources>
        <string name="hello">Hello World, TestGoTheme2!</string>
        <string name="app_name">RBW</string>
        <string name="dialogtitle">Checking GO Launcher EX</string>
        <string name="dialogcontent">GO Launcher EX is not installed in your phone, please press OK to download it</string>
        <string name="dialogok">OK</string>
        <string name="contact1">RBW</string>
        <string name="contact2">RBW</string>
        <string name="search1">RBW</string>
        <string name="sms42title">RBW</string>
        <string name="sms44title">RBW</string>
        <string name="sms44sessiontitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="task11title">RBW</string>
        <string name="task22title">RBW</string>
        <string name="task42title">RBW</string>
        <string name="tasknews41title">RBW</string>
        <string name="fb44title">RBW</string>
        <string name="twitter44themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="twitter41themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="weibo44themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="weibo41themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="qqweibo44themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="qqweibo41themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="news3g44themetitle">RBW</string>
        <string name="theme_43_title">RBW</string>
        <string name="theme_22_title">RBW</string>
        <string name="gostore_RBW_theme">RBW</string>
        <string name="bookmark_theme_title">RBW</string>
        <string name="switch_black">RBW</string>
        <string name="note_theme_43_title">RBW</string>
    </resources>

Now on to the themes...If you make one, post it here - let's share!
    Section 3: XDA User Themes
    Below is simply some themes and links...enjoy!

Haha, my bad man. If it's too much of a hassle, don't sweat it. I don't need it like i need food and water. I'll keep looking for stuff though.

I have been trying every way to make my theme for and put it on the Play Store, But it's beyond me. I have a complete theme ready to go but I can't compile it. Would someone please PM me with an Email address for me to send my theme, a zipped GOWidget template folder with my theme in it, and my keystore key. (I have a working .apk I made with apkmanager but can't put it on the Play Store)

To anyone who helps get this working I will donate generously.

Willing to help.
    The problem is if I do it, what if you want to make changes?

You made a keystore which is the hard part.

When I get home from work I'll put up my steps for compiling. we can go from there.

Or email me your stuff: anastasdroid at gmail And were can chat over email.