【MODEMS】【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】

Search This thread

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com
Due to never using the CM7/MIUI ROMs I haven't been updating the modems. I thought those ROMs were 19000 only but just recently I found out a I897 or I9000 modem can be used. I will try to update the modem section for these ROMs with the newest modems BUT I have no way to test them so if one isn't working please let me know OR if you have a working CWM file let me know and I will add to that section.

Thanks,
Soggy

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

mcala

Oct 13, 2011
Due to never using the CM7/MIUI ROMs I haven't been updating the modems. I thought those ROMs were 19000 only but just recently I found out a I897 or I9000 modem can be used. I will try to update the modem section for these ROMs with the newest modems BUT I have no way to test them so if one isn't working please let me know OR if you have a working CWM file let me know and I will add to that section.

Thanks,
Soggy

Here are a few CM7 modems I have found & used. Taken from this post:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18376473&postcount=125
Thanks to bveditz

KJ2 modem:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=748376&d=1318484458

KJ3: modem:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=748377&d=1318484458

Here is a KK2 modem I created using the zips above & with the help from your CM7 section info of your site:
http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=783477&d=1321368420

These are I897 modems. I am not responsible for broken phones or kittens.

Attachments

• radio-cm-7-captivate-kk2.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 102
  • radio-cm-7-captivate-kj2.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 22
  • radio-cm-7-captivate-kj3.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com
Updated site

I have been creating some CM7/MIUI CWM files that are I897 based and moving things around to separate the modems better in that modem section. I had also added a How To Wikipedia section that includes some detailed instructions on flashing back to stock JF6 with or without bootloaders and flashing a GB ROM/Kernel from JF6. Any suggestions on more how to's would be greatly appreciated!

Please hit the THANKS button if this post helped....

Thanks,
Soggy

Dnorwood

Nov 6, 2010
How about the stock CM7 modem in a flashable file? The one present on the CM7 support site isn't working for me... This happened after I flashed the JK3 CM7 modem, tried to flash back because of audio problems, and it won't take. Baseband version says "unknown" when I flash any of the packages that I got from there.

Dnorwood

Nov 6, 2010
TLJL3....I believe it is based off of the Nexus S, but don't quote me on it. If I knew how to pull it out of the ROM package, I would. But that is way beyond my abilities.

Oxicottin

Oct 24, 2010
West Virginia
soggycashew.weebly.com

mcala

Oct 13, 2011
I added the KK4 modem to the I897 section of my website.

I added the KK4 modem to the CM7/MIUI/I897 based section as well.

If this post helped please hit the THANKS button!

Using the KK4 as we speak. Thanks again!

Anyone else notice when using the I897 modems that you earpiece & speaker are louder?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

uzbeque

Apr 4, 2011
Hello, after installing a new modem, in-call volume became very loud, how can i decrease it?

OwenW71

Jul 20, 2010
With some older modems, the volume got 'stuck' at the loudest when the display was at the minimum. The fix was to turn it up a bit, and that actually dropped the volume a lot. You could then turn it down normally. Not sure if that still happens, but it is worth a try.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

uzbeque

Apr 4, 2011
how to visually check which modem is working better?

I did not understand what mean -103 dBm 6 asu on Settings/About phone/Status/Signal strength menu

PS: now I tried on my captivate another modem from "SGH-I897 Modems-CM3" not from CM7/MIUI Modems menu... seems internet is working faster.

Last edited:

uzbeque

Apr 4, 2011
Yes, I am using Glitch kernel, But I didn't feel the difference after installing it:) where should be the difference? After installing Glitch kernel, what should become better?

blackhemi4x4

Mar 12, 2011
Covington, GA USA
Thanks, having the comments on the maps helped me. Battling the worst signal fluctuations and no signal for months, that map found the perfect modem. This may postpone my Nexus S purchase this week. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    【MODEMS】【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】

Hello, I have created this website to bring or try to bring all the Samsung Captivate modems to one place in hope to helps others.... If im missing some please let me know so I can post them!

If this thread helped please hit the "Thanks" button!

MEMBERS: I appreciate what you're doing, but please link to this thread instead of directly linking to website pages so members can comment or read comments in this thread before flashing modems and as always, install at your own risk, I am not responsible for any damages.. :p Thanks!

Website - 【100+ Captivate I897 ♦ I9000 ♦ CM7/MIUI ♦ ICS】+【Google Location Map】

Check out the *BEST WORKING MODEM LOCATIONS GOOGLE MAP* that anyone can pin
    their best modem(s) that works for their area to a public Google map and when moused over it displays the modems. TRY IT!

Here is a great website to determine what band/coverage your provider uses. Just type out your country and select your network ect. from the drop down menu.

Which is better, 850 or 1900?

In general, you are going to get more performance out of 850 than you are going to get out of 1900 for several reasons. 1. As mentioned earlier, back when the 850 licenses were issued, they had to cover a certain amount of land cover. This required deploying their system throughout many rural areas (not ALL though). 1900 licenses only need to cover up to 67% of the population, and in many cases they don't even have to meet that. 2. The higher the frequency, the shorter the usable range. You need approximately twice as many 1900 MHz towers to cover a given area than 850 MHz towers. Most 1900 MHz towers are in urban and suburban areas. A properly built 1900 system will work as well as a properly built 850 system, but it will likely cost more to deploy and operate. Sometimes 1900 will work better in a city because 1900 MHz signals tend to work better in the middle of the city with large buildings as the shorter wavelength allows the signal to go around corners easier. Also, due to network loading, 850 towers have to be "turned down" in urban areas so as to not overload, so the playing field is leveled. 3. Leaving the technical details aside, it seems that 850 MHz signals penetrate most modern buildings better than 1900 MHz signals. There are many factors involved such as the material of the walls, the proximity of the local cell towers and various other factors. The fact that 850 MHz carriers have been in operation longer and have optimized their coverage is an important factor to consider. If there is a window nearby, chances are that either system will work, assuming that there is some sort of signal available at the window! The bottom line is this: when you try out a service, make sure you bring your phone to all the areas you'll be using to make sure it works where you need it.

I897-ICS/CM7-9/MIUI Modems that was removed from website due to no audience chip support for these ROMS. Note: Makes the other person on the line complain because your all static....
    how come in the i9000 section, all the modem names start with "captivate", but not in the i897 section? isnt the i897 the captivate, and the i9000 is the international galaxy s?

The reason the I9000 modems start with captivate is to tell you they are for the I897 captivate and the reason the I897 captivate modems don't is its already a captivate modem so it doesn't need introduction.

I have also found this with roms. specifically, i am currently running the KK4 saurom, but the splash screenw hen i turn my phone on says i9000. in about phone, my kernal says its the i897UCKK4... so why the i9000 splash screen?

The reason for your I9000 splash screen is I do believe is either your running a captivate I9000 kernel for a captivate I897 ROM which is a no no OR your running captivate I9000 bootloaders for a captivate I987 ROM which is a double no no. Someone correct me if im wrong but If your running a I897 ROM you have to run I897 bootloaders but if your running a I9000 you can run either or and if your running a I897 ROM you have to run a I897 kernel and if your running a captivate I9000 ROM you have to run a I9000 kernel.

anyway my main concern is about the modems, especially since i live in the toronto area, and my i896 stock modem is kh2, which has never been able to get a lock for me, and yet the i9000 KG3 modem works much better... but then id be running an i9000 modem on an i897 rom, and i want to stay with an i897 rom to have better call quality.

If your running a I897 ROM you have to use a I897 Modem but if your running a captivate I9000 ROM then you have to run I9000 modems BUT if your running CM7/MIUI OR any ICS then you can run "Radio" modems either I9000 or I897 but only if they are "Radio" modems. I removed the "Radio" I897 modems from my site because the lack of audience chip makes the sound quality for the other person crappy.

NOTE: All my modem .zip files are for the Captivate.... If that helps!

If this helps please hit the THANKS button.
    Modem Update

I added the KK4 modem to the I897 section of my website.

I added the KK4 modem to the CM7/MIUI/I897 based section as well.

If this post helped please hit the THANKS button!
    All modems release dates updated

As requested by quite a few members for the release dates so I went threw every modem I897 and I9000 with a hex editor and found the release dates for each modem. These files are posted at the top of the download page of each modem list. Enjoy!

If this post helped you please hit the THANKS button....
    Friends its been a great run with the captivate but unfortunately I have moved on to the Note i717 and will not be updating any more modems unless given and packaged to me to upload. I will keep the website available as long as people use it and download from it.

Thanks,
    Soggy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2