Thanks Meter: 482

By Oxicottin, Senior Member on 21st August 2011, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2011, 05:18 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmfan

Is the KJ3 modem compatible with CM7? Is it possible to get a CM7 version?

I found a CM7 version of KJ3. From that I created a KK2 version also for CM7, testing it now.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

14th November 2011, 02:54 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Due to never using the CM7/MIUI ROMs I haven't been updating the modems. I thought those ROMs were 19000 only but just recently I found out a I897 or I9000 modem can be used. I will try to update the modem section for these ROMs with the newest modems BUT I have no way to test them so if one isn't working please let me know OR if you have a working CWM file let me know and I will add to that section.

Thanks,
Soggy
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
15th November 2011, 02:50 PM |#83  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin

Due to never using the CM7/MIUI ROMs I haven't been updating the modems. I thought those ROMs were 19000 only but just recently I found out a I897 or I9000 modem can be used. I will try to update the modem section for these ROMs with the newest modems BUT I have no way to test them so if one isn't working please let me know OR if you have a working CWM file let me know and I will add to that section.

Thanks,
Soggy

Here are a few CM7 modems I have found & used. Taken from this post:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=125
Thanks to bveditz

KJ2 modem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...6&d=1318484458

KJ3: modem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1318484458

Here is a KK2 modem I created using the zips above & with the help from your CM7 section info of your site:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...7&d=1321368420

These are I897 modems. I am not responsible for broken phones or kittens.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mcala For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mcala Ad-Free
16th November 2011, 04:54 PM |#84  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Updated site
I have been creating some CM7/MIUI CWM files that are I897 based and moving things around to separate the modems better in that modem section. I had also added a How To Wikipedia section that includes some detailed instructions on flashing back to stock JF6 with or without bootloaders and flashing a GB ROM/Kernel from JF6. Any suggestions on more how to's would be greatly appreciated!

Please hit the THANKS button if this post helped....

Thanks,
Soggy
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
18th November 2011, 03:56 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
How about the stock CM7 modem in a flashable file? The one present on the CM7 support site isn't working for me... This happened after I flashed the JK3 CM7 modem, tried to flash back because of audio problems, and it won't take. Baseband version says "unknown" when I flash any of the packages that I got from there.
18th November 2011, 04:33 AM |#86  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
What is the stock CM7 modem and ill see what i can do! Im at work so I cant do anything for awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
18th November 2011, 05:09 AM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
TLJL3....I believe it is based off of the Nexus S, but don't quote me on it. If I knew how to pull it out of the ROM package, I would. But that is way beyond my abilities.
18th November 2011, 07:31 AM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnorwood

TLJL3....I believe it is based off of the Nexus S, but don't quote me on it. If I knew how to pull it out of the ROM package, I would. But that is way beyond my abilities.

Dnorwood, I checked the I9000 based CM7/MIUI modems on my site and its already there.... http://soggycashew.weebly.com/i9000-based.html

If this helped please hit the THANKS button!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
22nd November 2011, 03:54 PM |#89  
OP Senior Member
Flag West Virginia

More
Modem Update
I added the KK4 modem to the I897 section of my website.

I added the KK4 modem to the CM7/MIUI/I897 based section as well.

If this post helped please hit the THANKS button!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oxicottin For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Oxicottin Ad-Free
23rd November 2011, 04:13 PM |#90  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxicottin

I added the KK4 modem to the I897 section of my website.

I added the KK4 modem to the CM7/MIUI/I897 based section as well.

If this post helped please hit the THANKS button!

Using the KK4 as we speak. Thanks again!

Anyone else notice when using the I897 modems that you earpiece & speaker are louder?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium
25th November 2011, 05:17 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hello, after installing a new modem, in-call volume became very loud, how can i decrease it?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)