FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Sony Ericsson Bluetooth Watch MBW-100/MBW-150 on Windows Mobile! btWatch v0.1.8

41 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By pcfixitman, Member on 24th February 2008, 08:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
btWatch is an application developed for Windows Mobile 5 and 6 based Smart Phones and Pocket PCs. It allows for communication with bluetooth enabled watches, such as those from Sony Ericsson (MBW-100 & MBW-150) and Abacus. Due to the fact that these watches were manufactured to work with specific phones only, they have previously been just out of reach for those of us partial to WM5/6 based technology.

While these watches were designed to support basic CallerID presentation and messaging alerts (some also control audio playback) I have taken it a step further by adding new features and improving upon the basic features.

Here's the latest version of btWatch. Currently at version 0.1.6

If you are having trouble getting your watch to work with btWatch, consider using smartWatchM which is being developed by MoneyToo.

This version currently supports the following:
Code:
1. Pairing of a new Watch directly through the app.
2. Establishing communication with an already paired Watch.
3. Creates a registry key (HKLM\SOFTWARE\btWatch) for device setup and options.
4. Options Menu to enable/disable features.
5. Current Options: CID, SMS, EMAIL, VIBRATION and Number of rings to Vibrate on.
6. Fully functional incoming call notification (2-line name/number + vib for n rings)
7. Notification of incoming Text Messages (displays name/num and full message).
8. Notification when new Email arrives (displays name/email and subject).
9. Digital Date and Time are synchronized with the phone.
10.Debugging mode to allow you to see behind the scenes for testing purposes 
   ("Monitor Connection").
11.Added EKG annimation when connection is established.
12.Watch will now auto connect after going out of range and coming back within range.
13.Added 2-line text support.
14.Added basic support for MBW-150
15.Reject a call by pressing upper right button twice (much more responsive)
16.Display phone status info by pressing crown(play)
16.1. Number of unread email messages
16.2. Number of unread SMS messages
16.3. Number of missed calls
16.4. Voicemail Notification Icon
16.5. Current phone battery charge Icon
16.6. Headset Pairing Icon
16.6. Live "bars of service" from phone
17.Lists all appointments for the day by holding crown(FF)
18.Control WMP (press upper right button to activate/deactivate control) via crown
18.1. Pause, Play, Next Track
18.2. Displays current Artist/Track name on watch
19.Fonts are loaded dynamically from bmp files allowing users to modify fonts
20.Display task list with priority and due date by pressing upper right button when 
   viewing appointments menu.
21.New Menu System - Press and hold Crown(FF) to access, then press upper right to cycle.
Note about fonts: You can edit the bmp files with windows paint. Do not alter the height of the files (8 pixels), but you can alter the width and content. Must be saved as monochrome (1bit) bmp file. Do not change the individual file names in any way.

Installation: To simplify installation I have also compiled 2 separate cab installers. One for Smart Phones without the touch screen and one for PocketPC style phones. Should work on WM5 and above.

Disclaimer: While I make every effort to thouroughly test btWatch before each developmental release, I cannot guarantee compatibility with your phone/watch. As this is beta software, you use it at your own risk.

Price: btWatch is currently free for you to use as you please, but if you feel that the application is worth pursuing you may make donations to help further its development.

Anyway, I hope you all like the new version!

Download:
version 0.1.8
btWatch for PPC
btWatch for SP
version 0.1.7
btWatch for PPC
btWatch for SP
version 0.1.6 Buggy - Use newer version!
btWatch for PPC
btWatch for SP
version 0.1.5
btWatch for PPC
btWatch for SP
version 0.1.4
btWatch for PPC
btWatch for SP
version 0.1.3
btWatch for PPC
btWatch for SP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ekg.jpg
Views:	2406
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	72399   Click image for larger version

Name:	status.jpg
Views:	2259
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	72400   Click image for larger version

Name:	wmp.jpg
Views:	1649
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	72401   Click image for larger version

Name:	music.jpg
Views:	1732
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	72402   Click image for larger version

Name:	menu.jpg
Views:	1929
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	73777  

24th February 2008, 10:14 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,

I want to Test your Programm because (little) Problems with sWM INFO ("moneytoo" could not find the solution ).

But "Pairing" is not possible, btWatch find my MBW-150 but could not Connect. If I want to connect my PPC (Asus P750) with MBW-150 Ex. PPC "Freeze" / see only WM "hourglass".
24th February 2008, 11:02 AM |#3  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernod99

Hello,
"Pairing" is not possible, btWatch find my MBW-150 but could not Connect. If I want to connect my PPC (Asus P750) with MBW-150 Ex. PPC "Freeze" / see only WM "hourglass".

Try something for me so that I can get a better idea where the problem is. If there is a com port associated with your watch in start-settings-bluetooth-comports delete it, then delete the watch from the list of paired devices. Ensure that you do not have moneytoo's app set to startup with WM (or temporarily remove it) and soft reset. Then please pair the watch directly through btWatch and let me know what happens. I will take a look at the code in the mean time.
24th February 2008, 01:07 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfixitman

Try something for me so that I can get a better idea where the problem is. If there is a com port associated with your watch in start-settings-bluetooth-comports delete it, then delete the watch from the list of paired devices. Ensure that you do not have moneytoo's app set to startup with WM (or temporarily remove it) and soft reset. Then please pair the watch directly through btWatch and let me know what happens. I will take a look at the code in the mean time.

At first i had the same problem, i couldn't get the watch connected to my Tytn II (Kaiser), after deleting COM6 and removing Moneytoo's program and reinstalling BTWatch it works great. I will test it in the field over the coming days.

Donation will follow....thanks for creating a second program for us PPC users.
24th February 2008, 01:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Little Question ..... btWatch have a Appointment notify Feature ?
24th February 2008, 05:24 PM |#6  

More
btWatch hangs
Tried it out and i like the overall functions of the program. It potentially can become a true opponent for smartwatchm. But what makes me change back to this program is that btWatch keep stalling as soon as the ppc is turned off for a while. When i turn it on (wake it up) and try to open btWarch is only see the turning circle, forever (it seems that way), apparantly this is the case when i've been out of reach from the ppc and come back to it. When that happens i cannot reconnect and i have to soft-rest the ppc to start thing up again....so good effort but alas....i'm switching back to smartwatchm and waiting for a stable version...keep up the good work...

Edit: while btWatch still hangs (turning circle) it seems to reconnect....+1 for btWatch...
28th February 2008, 10:38 PM |#7  
Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD - (old) King of WinMo
Flag XDA-Developers
Thanks Meter: 10,066

More
If your program displayed incoming emails (like Sender Name and Subject) it would make it perfect!!
29th February 2008, 02:02 AM |#8  
Flag Zürich
Thanks Meter: 838

Donate to Me
More
I'll have an eye on your program too. I like the little icon stuff going on there, headset, battery meter and signal level, oh boy I'm such a kid

But since I have a MBW-150 your app isnt fully up to moneytoos programs possibilities yet. But I'll definitely keep an eye on your work, I like how far we can take those watches already anyway, if I remember how proud I was using it with my SE P1 back in the days to skip tracks in the music player... Ridiculous

I wonder though what SonyEricsson can come up with. The MBW-150 is listed as a compatible accessory for SonyEricssons upcoming XPERIA X1 which runs WM6.1...
1st March 2008, 09:41 PM |#9  

More
would btwatch work with the LG Style-i as well?

the program seems to find the style-i but hangs when trying to connect to it
2nd March 2008, 06:49 AM |#10  
OP Member

More
Talking Version 0.1.7 Released!
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. Life got busy this week.

Anyway, here's the latest version of btWatch!

Version 0.1.6 seemed to be a bit buggy for most, so I re-worked a lot of the code. It should connect and reconnect more reliably now. I added email sender and subject to the email notification as requested. I added a minor update to the Appointments menu: now shows 1st all day event as well. Unfortunately, this version still does not show appointments that are setup using a recurring pattern (eg. every monday), but I will add these in an upcoming version as well as appointment notifications. BTW if you connect the watch and click "Test Menu" in the test menu you will get a glimpse of the new menu system for v0.1.8!

Link is on 1st post.
2nd March 2008, 06:56 AM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by consy

would btwatch work with the LG Style-i as well?

the program seems to find the style-i but hangs when trying to connect to it

Currently this device is not supported, as it uses far more commands than the bluetooth watches. But, btWatch could be ported to a new application to support the Style-i in the future. I will look into supporting the Style-i, but do not expect an app until btWatch is at a very stable version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)