FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] INTEROP-UNLOCK - NEW unlocks for ALL SAMSUNG WP7 devices!!

1,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,629

By Heathcliff74, Recognized Developer on 21st September 2011, 10:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2011, 05:08 PM |#501  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapo

I've been experiencing extremely poor performance since applying this unlock on my Samsung Focus. Anything that requires data takes ages to load (or times out while attempting to load).

Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or 3G, browsing performance is worthlessly slow now. It's not just IE9, apps and the marketplace are also VERY slow to load data from the internet (if they load at all)

Is there anything you can suggest to fix this? If not, would a hard reset put things back in order?

I have that issue also. From the different forums it appears its a problem possibly with the a driver. If you turn airplane mode on then off or turn off the data while you are on wifi that should take care of it. It is like the wifi and the 3G are fighting to see which gets used.

22nd November 2011, 09:15 PM |#502  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 266

More
Quote:

I've been experiencing extremely poor performance since applying this unlock on my Samsung Focus. Anything that requires data takes ages to load (or times out while attempting to load).

Doesn't matter if I'm on wifi or 3G, browsing performance is worthlessly slow now. It's not just IE9, apps and the marketplace are also VERY slow to load data from the internet (if they load at all)

Is there anything you can suggest to fix this? If not, would a hard reset put things back in order?

the hack should have no effect on your browsing speed, especially if it's slow on wifi.
23rd November 2011, 06:12 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcf686

I have that issue also. From the different forums it appears its a problem possibly with the a driver. If you turn airplane mode on then off or turn off the data while you are on wifi that should take care of it. It is like the wifi and the 3G are fighting to see which gets used.

Yup, seeing exactly the same thing here...

Wifi enabled, 3G enabled = Unusably slow connection speed, most things time out.
Wifi enabled, 3G disabled = Connection works as expected.
Wifi disabled, 3G enabled = Connection works as expected.

Having both Wifi and 3G enabled at the same time used to work fine before performing an interop unlock. Looks like 3G settings are still screwed up in some way, even after using the Samsung Diagnosis app to enable auto-config.

Anything else I should try to fix it? Would a hard reset put things back to normal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

the hack should have no effect on your browsing speed, especially if it's slow on wifi.

Uh, this unlock totally breaks 3G in the process, which means it effects browsing in some way/shape/form.

If 3G settings aren't being put back, then it's quite likely that browsing speed could be effected.
23rd November 2011, 09:06 PM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
thaks to a dev for this apps, works fine
24th November 2011, 12:22 AM |#505  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 266

More
Quote:

Yup, seeing exactly the same thing here...

Wifi enabled, 3G enabled = Unusably slow connection speed, most things time out.
Wifi enabled, 3G disabled = Connection works as expected.
Wifi disabled, 3G enabled = Connection works as expected.

Having both Wifi and 3G enabled at the same time used to work fine before performing an interop unlock. Looks like 3G settings are still screwed up in some way, even after using the Samsung Diagnosis app to enable auto-config.

Anything else I should try to fix it? Would a hard reset put things back to normal?

Uh, this unlock totally breaks 3G in the process, which means it effects browsing in some way/shape/form.

If 3G settings aren't being put back, then it's quite likely that browsing speed could be effected.

my data speeds are where they were before applying the unlock, it's weird that something like a driver based issue would be varied across devices....

i never turn off my 3g connection, just toggle wifi, seems to act just like it did before applying interop unlock.

i'm (student account) dev unlocked if that helps clarify anything.
24th November 2011, 01:24 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiliyo

my data speeds are where they were before applying the unlock, it's weird that something like a driver based issue would be varied across devices....

It makes perfect sense for an issue like this to vary from device-to-device if it's a driver issue... Different devices, different drivers, different reactions.

Still can't get this issue resolved. I'd really like to know if a hard reset will put things back to normal. I'd hate to do it only to find that the issues caused by the unlock aren't reverted...
24th November 2011, 01:40 PM |#507  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Since I believe the hack just changes some registry entries a hard reset should put the phone back to its original state. I haven't tried the hard reset because I thought I read in another thread someone was having the same issue that hadnt used this hack. I figure I'll just live with it until Samsung pushes a fix out hope.

Sent from my SGH-i937 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
24th November 2011, 08:10 PM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hmm. This might be interesting for Nokia owners. Gonna tear this appart as soon as its out and try to fjnd an interop unlock exploit!

Nokia released it already....
Not sure if it helps i attached it...

Zune Link
Attached Files
File Type: xap Network_Setup__v1.0.0.0.xap - [Click for QR Code] (872.3 KB, 382 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Ikkari For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ikkari Ad-Free
24th November 2011, 11:53 PM |#509  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Nokia testers wanted!!
I hope to have found an exploit for Nokia devices! Remember: this is not yet confirmed working! And you should make a backup of your device in advance! (See opening post for instructions). Use this at your own risk. I won't take any responsibility for any damage caused directly or indirectly by following these instructions or using the app!

As soon as this method is confirmed to work, I will add it to the opening post.

This will only work (hopefully) on Nokia devices that are already developer-unlocked (AppHub or Chevron Labs)!

To do an attempt for Interop Unlock on Nokia's please follow this guide carefully:
  1. Make sure you made a backup of your device (see opening post of this thread for instructions)
  2. Install Nokia Network Setup from the Marketplace (Nokia zone)
  3. Download this attachment: Nokia Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74.xap
  4. Deploy that file to your Nokia device using any Xap Deployer. It is not necessary to start the unlock app. If it starts automatically you can exit the app immediately.
  5. Launch the Nokia Network Setup app. After a couple of seconds it should show "Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74".
  6. Exit the Network Setup app.
  7. Uninstall "Nokia Interop Unlock" app and "Nokia Network Setup" app. If you want you can reinstall the Network Setup app again later on.

That should be it. To test it, you may want to try to deploy Advanced Config 1.5.

Let me know if it works!!

Ciao,
    Heathcliff74

Attached Files
File Type: xap Nokia Interop Unlock by Heathcliff74.xap - [Click for QR Code] (81.0 KB, 13927 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th November 2011, 12:22 AM |#510  
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Ah I see what you did there, now let's hope this nokia app doesn't hold a whitelist and/or blacklist of what provxml actions are allowed, as far as i could see the managed code does not, but i didn't look into the com dll (DMConfigCOM.dll).

This is a very nice gift from Nokia :). Too bad I can't test this out because i do not own a Nokia WP7.5 phone yet.
25th November 2011, 12:38 AM |#511  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briefcase

This is a very nice gift from Nokia :)

Errr. And from ME

I just hope it works. It took me less than 3 hours to find an exploit and build Interop Unlock and write a guide. Would be extremely cool if that works Nice thanksgiving-present for Nokia users.

Ciao,
Heathcliff74
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heathcliff74 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mango interop unlock, unlock, xap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)