By Walter1115, Junior Member on 6th March 2011, 04:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th March 2011, 05:39 PM |#11  
Flag Shanghai
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMrB

set 245 for screen off only ... Its not meant to make your phone quick its meant to conserve battery lol

I know it, but weird, when I set the lowest value to 128, my phone's reaction become laggy, but 245 has no such problem. Maybe it's affected by kernel or rom.

sorry for my poor english
2nd April 2011, 11:05 AM |#12  
Flag Cambridge
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I know some roms/kernels have issues with dropping to 128 but my rom seems quite happy with it. I use higher CPU on charge and with battery above 75% to give me the performance when I have the most charge. When my phone boots it will adjust CPU according to battery life or charging profile. The settings seems to work fine for me although battery does drain quicker when I have it fully charged but that's my own fault for setting the performance govenor when I have high charge!
25th November 2011, 02:51 AM |#13  
Flag Ho Chi Minh
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono2804

Sort of goes without saying that the higher the CPU cycles the more battery juice your phone will consume and the quicker your battery will drain. I use GingerVillain which supports speeds 128Mhz - 1113mhz and using Richard Trips 2.0b OC kernel (based 2.6.37.4) seems to keep battery alive for a good 24hrs. If it's any help my SetCPU profiles are as follows :

On Charge : 128-1113 performance govenor
Sleep/Standby : 128-576 conservative
Battery < 100% : 128-998 performance
Battery < 75% : 128-883 ondemand
Battery < 30% : 128-652 ondemand
Failsafe Temp > 45.1c : 128-768 conservative

Seems to give me a good balance of speed and battery life, but would be interested to hear from anyone else that thinks my settings are wrong, always looking to improve my phone!

I'm using your way! thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to junjihoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift junjihoon Ad-Free
27th October 2014, 03:02 PM |#14  
Flag ▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ C:\India\New Delhi\
Thanks Meter: 84

Donate to Me
More
No!
Using any CPU frequency that is not default ( underclocked or overclocked ) requires testing and manipulating the various variables. The CPU needs to be in sync with the GPU and the other parameters. Needs modifications in the kernel itself. The device is not made to run at those frequencies. You will burn your device, sooner or later.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc desire, overclock, setcpu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)