21 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Seven Goals, Junior Member on 5th January 2011, 12:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
22nd November 2011, 10:21 PM |#21  

More
Mer+Nemo
Meego has now turned into Mer(core)and Nemo(UX)
More information about this can be found on channels #mer #nemomobile @freenode on IRC.

According to some folks in #mer it might work with mer and qtdesktop.
Although there might be problems with gles driver.
Search Youtube: n810-mer-QtDesktop.mts (im not allowed to post links since i´m new here)

I wonder if if would be possible to put these two on the HD2, or mer+ another UX?

25th November 2011, 10:08 PM |#22  
fr/35/rennes
Thanks Meter: 5

More
linux-3 on n810
that link , this is a n810 isnt it ?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66669&page=4

--
http://rzr.online.fr/q/meego
26th November 2011, 11:04 AM |#23  

More
it's so cool, just because hd2 can do it.
26th November 2011, 02:40 PM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 207

More
We need to make a petition to DFT put meego in our HD2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pack21 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pack21 Ad-Free
28th November 2011, 03:59 AM |#25  
Flag winchester
Thanks Meter: 139

Donate to Me
More
thats true we need MeeGo back
4th April 2012, 04:47 AM |#26  

More
Whats so great about this OS?
4th April 2012, 10:44 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
welcome to xda-vaporware
4th April 2012, 09:23 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Angry why... my opinion...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vutai7

Whats so great about this OS?

You just have to try it.
Its hard to explain what is so good about
I use it on a Nokia N9 and i get a lot of stick for not having an iphone or an android device or even a Backberry because i don't have "apps" or it doesn't have a dual core processor, but it feels so natural to use that all the short comings don't' really matter. When i first opened up the box and turned it on, it felt like i had being using the OS for as long the mobile phones have been in my life, yet still exciting and fresh to use.

Then on a technical point, it is relatively fast on a signal core processor (some programs/games can bog it down) and its interchangeable with some of the Debian repo.

Its not committed to the grave just yet, there should be 2 years support for the software from Nokia (if i remember correctly) and there are roumers that there could be 2 lower end devices for their next billion phone project.

Windows phone 7/8 doesn't make a device cheap, apart from licensing costs, there is also the choice of hardware and generally its favored that it should be on the higher scale to get the "rich" experience that the user wants from the software. Where as Meego, being Linux will run on just about anything.
(I do know Android is based on Linux, but its gotten a little boated and is more a canvas the real access to the OS)

(Personal note: I wish Windows mobile would just step aside and let Meego be the third way)
5th April 2012, 07:08 AM |#29  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by min0me

You just have to try it.
Its hard to explain what is so good about
I use it on a Nokia N9 and i get a lot of stick for not having an iphone or an android device or even a Backberry because i don't have "apps" or it doesn't have a dual core processor, but it feels so natural to use that all the short comings don't' really matter. When i first opened up the box and turned it on, it felt like i had being using the OS for as long the mobile phones have been in my life, yet still exciting and fresh to use.

Then on a technical point, it is relatively fast on a signal core processor (some programs/games can bog it down) and its interchangeable with some of the Debian repo.

Its not committed to the grave just yet, there should be 2 years support for the software from Nokia (if i remember correctly) and there are roumers that there could be 2 lower end devices for their next billion phone project.

Windows phone 7/8 doesn't make a device cheap, apart from licensing costs, there is also the choice of hardware and generally its favored that it should be on the higher scale to get the "rich" experience that the user wants from the software. Where as Meego, being Linux will run on just about anything.
(I do know Android is based on Linux, but its gotten a little boated and is more a canvas the real access to the OS)

(Personal note: I wish Windows mobile would just step aside and let Meego be the third way)

Well Said. me too was waiting for someone to port a fully working meego to HD2 but it never happen and hopefully will never happen as meego is no longer meego.
WP7 is not bad but the sync process is stupid as Iphone. no access for your sd card. simply stupid and un acceptable. i think symbian is beter atleast you have freedom to do what you want to do and not that you are slaped with restrictions.
taking into consideration all these minus points, Android is the leader a true leader. what'so'ever whether it lags,shags,fags who cares. we love our droids cuz it gives us wings to fly :P Viva Android!
16th July 2012, 10:37 AM |#30  
Flag Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Goals

A little slow,but I think it will be better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TczORbKBEEM

I really want to use it
26th July 2012, 02:16 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 21

More