Nice work of that japanese guy.

27th November 2011, 02:33 PM |#22  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 354

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gborn

Update: I posted some screenshots and infos about that VDI image

w w w. borncity. com /blog/2011/11/27/running-ice-cream-sandwich-in-virtualbox-part-ii/

Nice work of that japanese guy.

Works for me, thanks!
28th November 2011, 08:29 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
The next android x86 ics build
I was today informed from VMLite developers that they released also an android x86 build as .vdi file. Currently it's pretty the same like the build I posted yesterday.

Here is my blog article about that build

www.borncity.com/blog/2011/11/28/testing-android-x86-ice-cream-sandwich-image-from-vmlite/

and here is the VMLite download page

vmlite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68:an droid&catid=17:vmlitenewsrotator

As far as I'm informed, VMlite developers are working to integrate guest additions to Android 4.0 x86 ics.

BTW: Does somebody know, why ICS needs VT-X support ?
28th November 2011, 08:36 PM |#24  

More
How to run ICS for different screen resolutions? Is it compiled into Android, it's in some configuration file or maybe Android detects screen dimensions at a runtime, so it's possible to run same .vdi file for different screen sizes?
29th November 2011, 12:25 AM |#25  
Flag Wa State
Thanks Meter: 193

Donate to Me
More
I get a wrong kernel msg from booting up. Any ideas?

Sent from my SCH-I400 using xda premium
29th November 2011, 03:11 AM |#26  
Flag Silicon Valley, California
Thanks Meter: 483

More
You can change this file, cmdline, inside (hd0,2)

init=/init qemu=1 console=ttyS0 console=tty0 vga=788 verbose androidboot.hardware=vbox_x86 androidboot.console=ttyS0 android.qemud=ttyS1

==>

init=/init qemu=1 console=ttyS0 console=tty0 vga=ask verbose androidboot.hardware=vbox_x86 androidboot.console=ttyS0 android.qemud=ttyS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

How to irun ICS for different screen resolutions? Is it compiled into Android, it's in some configuration file or maybe Android detects screen dimensions at a runtime, so it's possible to run same .vdi file for different screen sizes?

29th November 2011, 02:35 PM |#27  
Flag Kota Bharu - Seri Kembangan
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As I reported above, the vdi-image runs here in VBox 4.1.6 portable.

@suaji: need VT-X support on your host!

BTW: As I wroted here w w w. borncity. com/ blog/2011/11/25/running-ice-cream-sandwich-in-virtualbox/ , I've found a japanese guy who has build a vdi image with mouse & network support. His site is only in japanese, but today I managed to read his addendum. He has published a download address of his vdi image file.

Here we go: h tt p: // kie .nu/ 26G please remove the blanks

Just downloading, will give it a test drive this morning.

Have fun...

Günter Born

VT-X support?.. i dont what is it.. btw, im using Windows not Ubuntu..
Nvr mnd, i try using VMLite 1st..

Thanks dude for ur link..
29th November 2011, 06:51 PM |#28  

More
...ICS in VMware & additional stuff/info
@ciscogee: If kernel stalls with kernel panic, in most cases it is lack of VT-X support on host.

If ”init: cannot find /system/bin/servicemanager” occurs, I suppose, that something with vdi disk association is wrong. I have had it once during my attempt to transfer the image to VMware (see my notes below).

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaji

VT-X support?.. i dont what is it.. btw, im using Windows not Ubuntu..
Nvr mnd, i try using VMLite 1st..

@suaji: VT-X is a feature from your CPU that supports virtualization from CPU.

BTW - I'm also using Windows 7 as host ;).

Just a note: VMLite uses the same restrictions as Virtualbox, because VMLite is derived from Virtualbox (like YouWave Android Emulator as well). e.g. VMLite also requires a machine with VT-X or AMD-V support.

It's crazy, I'm in contact with VMLite developers. They told me, that ICS won't run on a machine without hardware virtualization (kernel stalls), but it runs on a VT-X enabled platform, although they disabled VT-X support in Virtualbox (see screenshot in the blog article linked below).

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Some guys here in this thread asking for a VMware image of ice cream sandwich. Just like to inform you that I managed to do the trick (I've converted the Virtualbox ISC build for VMware).

Details and a step by step tutorial are here: http://www.borncity.com/blog/2011/11...ich-in-vmware/

Maybe it's helpful

--------------------------------
@huisinro: glad, to see you here. Concerning your suggestion, yes, it should do the trick. But maybe there is another solution. In an older blog article I reported about a honeycomb x86 test drive on Asus Eee PC 701 (that machine comes with a poor screen resolution). User @Andres Garcia left me a comment, that he managed it to install the application “LCD Resolution” and changing “LCD Dencity” to 125. Then he was able to run Honeycomb 3.2 on Eee PC 701 (his photo of his black Eee PC 701 is spread since then through the web). Maybe the guys at VMlite can try to integrate such an .apk into the ICS build (guess they will read it here ;).

I should also mention, that the guys at VMLite corporation managed to create a vdi image with SD card support (still need to be monted manually). See dissussion here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gborn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gborn Ad-Free
29th November 2011, 10:57 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by huisinro

You can change this file, cmdline, inside (hd0,2)

Thanks! :) And what about the DPI and/or physical screen size? What I'm trying to do is to have development platform for Android apps. Emulator is definitely too slow and if I would be able to run ICS through VBox for different screen configurations, I would be able to use it instead of an emulator.

Also, why there's a qemu=1? Qemu is used to emulate ARM, so what's the point of using it for x86 version of an Android running on VBox? I'm just curious :)
30th November 2011, 02:47 AM |#30  
Flag Kota Bharu - Seri Kembangan
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Some guys here in this thread asking for a VMware image of ice cream sandwich. Just like to inform you that I managed to do the trick (I've converted the Virtualbox ISC build for VMware).

Details and a step by step tutorial are here: http://www.borncity.com/blog/2011/11...ich-in-vmware/

Maybe it's helpful

Thanks Bro for VMware tutorial.. Later after back from working, i will test it at home..
30th November 2011, 07:19 AM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut.all

And what about the DPI and/or physical screen size? What I'm trying to do is to have development platform for Android apps. Emulator is definitely too slow and if I would be able to run ICS through VBox for different screen configurations, I would be able to use it instead of an emulator.

Maybe it helps to install the application “LCD Resolution” and changing “LCD Dencity” - I havn't tried yet, because till now I wasn't able to connect adb to my VM. If you managed to open adb shell, you should be able to install an .adb file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)