Root For Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Search This thread

discostu0

Jun 2, 2006
Use the root_original.zip from the sticky in this forum(galaxy 8.9) to root your device. Takes 1 minute. Download superuser from market. Update and you're set. Adfree. Titanium backup. It works great my tab plus.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1287205

You do need a microsd however. You can't just place the file in the root of the internal memory.

Now if someone would write a cifs.ko for this device. The one for the other galaxy tabs don't work this architecture(this is samsung chipset not tegra)

discostu0

Jun 2, 2006
No idea. I have a wifi only tab 7 plus. The only thing the root_original.zip does is it makes /system writable and place 'su' in /system/bin. It doesn't overwrite anything. Samsung didn't even bother locking it down. Try shutting your tablet down then powering it up by holding the vol up button. If you can get to recovery, it should work for you. If this destroys your tablet, please don't blame me. Like I said, I have a wifi only version.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

By the way, if you don't believe me. Extract the zip and go into the meta-inf folder and keep on going thru the subfolders until you see updater-script and view it with any text editor. All it does is copy su into your tablet.

Reactions: mike216

jordontin

Jul 17, 2011
Thank you so much.

By the way, if I use this root file to root my Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus. Can I able to unroot it?

After root, how do I perform OTA update?

hardeep

Oct 2, 2007
Kajang
www.MemorableStudios.com
easiest is to FACTORY RESET... BUT you loose your data...

if u want to keep your DATA... I have not researched on Honeycomb yet, but should be the same as Gingerbread... can try running this ADB script from my previous device forum...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1340255

Download the UNROOT.zip from there and run it...

Make sure you have installed Samsung KIES and your device already recognized by your PC and set to DEBUG MODE...

If you dont understand the above, I cant help you any further...

jordontin

Jul 17, 2011
It does exist. Cause current i using it. Can make the call and front of the Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus have ear piece. Which make a call or answer a call like a conventional smartphone.

pakalrtb

Jan 23, 2010
Roatan - Bay Islands
Where did U buy the 3G version and it's with contract or not ?
I did some research and it seems that T-Mobile is the only one selling it, but contract only.
P_

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use the root_original.zip from the sticky in this forum(galaxy 8.9) to root your device. Takes 1 minute. Download superuser from market. Update and you're set. Adfree. Titanium backup. It works great my tab plus.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1287205

You do need a microsd however. You can't just place the file in the root of the internal memory.

Now if someone would write a cifs.ko for this device. The one for the other galaxy tabs don't work this architecture(this is samsung chipset not tegra)
    easiest is to FACTORY RESET... BUT you loose your data...

if u want to keep your DATA... I have not researched on Honeycomb yet, but should be the same as Gingerbread... can try running this ADB script from my previous device forum...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1340255

Download the UNROOT.zip from there and run it...

Make sure you have installed Samsung KIES and your device already recognized by your PC and set to DEBUG MODE...

If you dont understand the above, I cant help you any further...
    No idea. I have a wifi only tab 7 plus. The only thing the root_original.zip does is it makes /system writable and place 'su' in /system/bin. It doesn't overwrite anything. Samsung didn't even bother locking it down. Try shutting your tablet down then powering it up by holding the vol up button. If you can get to recovery, it should work for you. If this destroys your tablet, please don't blame me. Like I said, I have a wifi only version.

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

By the way, if you don't believe me. Extract the zip and go into the meta-inf folder and keep on going thru the subfolders until you see updater-script and view it with any text editor. All it does is copy su into your tablet.
    started a rooting thread at the original Galaxy Tab forum...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1367249

Anyway, ROOTING works fine for me, if u lost your root, just re-root again.. no probs..

KIES update still works fine... on my KIES, just receive an new firmware update notification.. however, from the device, no Software Update is available...
    Where did U buy the 3G version and it's with contract or not ?
    I did some research and it seems that T-Mobile is the only one selling it, but contract only.
    P_

Bought mine no contract at Tmobile...