Mortem Tuam's FREE Wallpapers

Search This thread

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
it looks great. honestly i didnt want you to spend much time on it at all. i was hoping it would a easy ad of effects to the top and bottom and resize down to 480x800.
i like yours in all rights, i was just looking for a matted, worn look as in the original. also, and this is more of what i truely liked as much as the worn look is the biohazard arch meeting with andros antenna which creates the spark look.
thank you very much for all the effort. let me know if what i mentioned is possible or just to much effort for little reward. i am planning on throwing some money on the pre-pay card, so i will hopefully be able to thrown a few bones at you and dag, exists. maybe only five or ten. but i like to give back a little, even if it aint much.
just let me know if you want to close this project or if adding to the top and bottom of the original or wearing down and meeting the arch/antenna of urz. either way, ur call. i know ur busy and all.
tnx again.

OK
scaling it down to 480x800 makes the whole image narrow and distorts it.

If I scale it down to 480x400 then I have to make up the top and bottom by grabbing some blank area from the pic.....then it looks patched.....

I could try and gradient in something but it may still look patchy and it's very difficult to match every color in the original.....not to mention I don't even know what brushes they used.

would be great to have the PSD for this....then it would be easy as pie.

but when you have a merged image with no control over the elements and you try to resize it into a ratio it wasn't meant for.....it gets very hard.

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
So here is another attempt......

New attempt
GRZcC.png

ORIGINAL 960x800
biohazardandroid.jpg

I still don't like it LOL.....but I think it's the best I can do on it.

Reactions: irishvandal

irishvandal

Feb 14, 2011
ATL
So here is another attempt......
I still don't like it LOL.....but I think it's the best I can do on it.

yes, yes. in the right direction. i like how the weathered background itself got over-shadowed to comp for the resize. now, i am for real here. could you throw ur tag below it with, say a 12-14 font size, a shaded midnight blue font color. now the twist, make ur tag a charged neon glow of electric midnight blue, kinda burning electric smoke coming off upwards, blending with the resize copy.
ya know, sort of ur tag short circuiting into bio-hazard andro.

just a thought. lol. let me know if ya say f-it. lol. i am an easy date.

EDIT - once i implemented it onto the cappy, solid. goes along very well with my bubble-android bootani. thank you. of course, if you do happen to tag the re-size you did, i left up the request and just strike thru it.
tnx again, soon as i get some ducks on my card, you will be one of a few peps to get some love.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortem Tuam

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
whew....been so busy doing Aeris for Mosaic 8 I've haven't even touched wallpapers.....

Taking a break this weekend from the theme to clear my head a bit.

Sat down tonight and worked out this wallpaper, just for fun.

Enjoy!

deadpoolleap.png

Wally72

Jul 27, 2011
York, Pa
I wanna thank u MT for ur work! I really like it and people when they see my phone like it as well. Thx again! This is how my phone looks, thx to u!:D

485f273a-ecaa-9784.jpg

Sent from my PG86100 "Steal25's inbREDed ROM" v3.0 using XDA Premium App!

Last edited:

Mortem Tuam

Feb 1, 2011
Chicago
mortemtuam.weebly.com
Hello Captivate users and abusers :cool:

just wanted to drop in here and let you know a few things.....first off.....THANK YOU ALL, from the bottom of my heart, for supporting my art and making this thread a great success!! :cool::cool:

I have now moved on to the Samsung Galaxy S2 SkyRocket and will be moving my posts over to that forum. :(

I'll still be posting in this forum from time to time because of Aeris but with my new device I will be spending more time over there.

You can find my new thread at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19797675#post19797675

as always you'll find my wallpapers on my website http://mortemtuam.weebly.com/

Looking forward to maybe seeing some of you over in the SGS2 SkyRocket forums!

Thanks for everything peeps!!:cool::cool:

RTBee

Apr 12, 2011
In a Galaxy far, far away!
It's us that should be thanking you! And that's what I'm doing now. I appreciate all the great walls you've created. Some I've used and many have been inspirations for other things. Your work will be missed here, but no doubt in a year, more or less, a lot of us will be transitioning to the SGS2 side and will again be amazed at the wonderful walls you'll have waiting for us. Thank-you MT! :):):)

Top Liked Posts