FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Video Review Win A Trip

[Kernel][OC][UV][3G][USB charging] GT8.9 7300/7310 (Dec 4, 2011)

858 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,408

By _motley, Senior Member on 13th November 2011, 08:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2011, 02:05 PM |#141  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionmark

Hi

Advanced routing feature seems to be missing from the kernel and for what I recall overcome kernel has it enabled when I first installed it. I might be wrong but this is what the app reports.
I use vpnc widget to connect easily to my fritzbox and this all works fine since tune is enabled in the kernel. It is only the check prerequisite that complains about this though does not prevent to connect so no big deal.

Thanks again for all the work.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using xda premium

Thanks for the feedback. The kernel option CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER is only turned on for the 3G 7300 kernel currently (mirrors stock config), but I will add it for the WiFi 7310 kernel as well to give better support for Cisco VPN. I did some quick research and found that, "if the advanced routing kernel feature isn't available, the VPN connection is lost if the WiFi hotspot has a short dhcp lease time and the DHCP-Client renew" (PC World). So, this should make your connection more stable in these circumstances.

If anyone else is having any type of VPN issues, please let me know ASAP and I will try to correct in the next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to _motley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift _motley Ad-Free

29th November 2011, 02:09 PM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Thumbs up
Thanks for the update mate !

Using -50mV everywhere as proposed earlier and everything runs smoothly

Really good job !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fishton For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fishton Ad-Free
29th November 2011, 02:17 PM |#143  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishton

Thanks for the update mate !

Using -50mV everywhere as proposed earlier and everything runs smoothly

Really good job !

Glad to hear, thanks again for being one of the early 7300 3G adopters
29th November 2011, 02:56 PM |#144  
Flag leiden
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _motley

Thanks for the feedback. The kernel option CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER is only turned on for the 3G 7300 kernel currently (mirrors stock config), but I will add it for the WiFi 7310 kernel as well to give better support for Cisco VPN. I did some quick research and found that, "if the advanced routing kernel feature isn't available, the VPN connection is lost if the WiFi hotspot has a short dhcp lease time and the DHCP-Client renew" (PC World). So, this should make your connection more stable in these circumstances.

If anyone else is having any type of VPN issues, please let me know ASAP and I will try to correct in the next release.

Thanks for the feed Bak!!???
No... Let me thank you for your work and this is time for me to give back with a little donation, I assume papal is OK and somewhere there is the info if not please PM me your papal or point me to the details of donating.

Same for overcome... I thank up both... Always wonder how you people can find time in all this

29th November 2011, 03:40 PM |#145  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I am trying your kernel. After installing it seemed me a little bit sluggish. I use the newest version Overcome on SGT 7300 (3G). After switching in SetCPU from "ondemand" to "interactive". It seems, everything starting to work great.
30th November 2011, 03:12 AM |#146  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksud

Great news!
What differences have you noticed the battery life with OC? tahnks!

-----------------------------------------------------
| OC Frequency | Temperature | Battery |
| 1.5Ghz | 38.0 - 43.8 | 6-8Hrs (ebook, surfing, trading, music)
| 1.4Ghz | 30.0 - 39.0 | 8-10Hrs(ebook, surfing, trading, music)

Battery life is way better before i OC/UV. Could also be the fact that, i have a profile in setCPU which sets the frequency to the slowest when screen's turned off.

My personal experience is that i noticed a quick rise in temperature to about 43.8 or more when i'm doing multi-tasking, when on 1.5Ghz. Seems pretty fine on 1.4 though, highest was about 40.

Experimenting on UV though, -50 seems fine so far.

Hope this helps.
30th November 2011, 04:16 AM |#147  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by questionmark

Thanks for the feed Bak!!???
No... Let me thank you for your work and this is time for me to give back with a little donation, I assume papal is OK and somewhere there is the info if not please PM me your papal or point me to the details of donating.

Same for overcome... I thank up both... Always wonder how you people can find time in all this

Thanks for the kind words. I have sent you a PM with a build that enables advanced routing.

I have also reluctantly enabled my donations button and will give it a try as several folks have asked about it. I definitely don't expect anything in return as I do this for fun and to learn. I do get grief for spending long hours at the PC from my family at times, so I do appreciate the kind gesture!
30th November 2011, 10:41 AM |#148  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thumbs up
Im on Overcome 2.1 with the latest release of your kernel, and the tab is flying!
Thanks!
30th November 2011, 04:08 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi, I use the Overcome 2.1.1 with the latest motley 2b_3g kernel. Everything is fine except is does not turn from landscape into portrait and back. The screen always stays in landscape.

Am I doing anything wrong ??

Have restored the boot.img and rotating screen is back!

Any idea ??

Erik
30th November 2011, 09:43 PM |#150  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hmm UV does't working? I'm using Setcpu and i change voltage setting -150 mV on every frequenci and -275 on 1400 Mhz and everything working, no freeze in stress test
30th November 2011, 11:53 PM |#151  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosdol

Hi, I use the Overcome 2.1.1 with the latest motley 2b_3g kernel. Everything is fine except is does not turn from landscape into portrait and back. The screen always stays in landscape.

Am I doing anything wrong ??

Have restored the boot.img and rotating screen is back!

Any idea ??

Erik

I haven't seen this before. In System\Tools, perhaps try doing a horizontal calibration and let me know if it helps. Also, please make sure you didn't have the rotation lock on...sorry,but I had to ask the obvious question too just in case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashdown12

Hmm UV does't working? I'm using Setcpu and i change voltage setting -150 mV on every frequenci and -275 on 1400 Mhz and everything working, no freeze in stress test

First, to ask the obvious (don't mean to insult)...after hitting "Save" for a given frequency UV setting, are you then pressing "Apply" at the top to commit the changes?

If that doesn't clear it up, please let me know the following:
  • Version of the kernel you are using
  • 3G or WiFI
  • ROM you are using

There are some nominal voltage requirement checks as well as some other rules core vs rail V etc. At some point, it may not honor your changes, but something doesn't sound right. After I know a little more and if you still have a problem, we can use some echo commands against the /sys/devices/system/cpu tree to figure out if SetCPU is actually doing what we think it is.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)