Feb 8, 2008
Some Telus love from up north:
SC20111128-233514.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ijaved

markatl84

Sep 18, 2010
Amazing download speeds

Has anyone else been getting incredible speeds with their GS2 on T Mobile? The average is maybe 4-10 mbps, which is still good IMO,.but there are many areas where I get 20-30 mbps. I just can't believe i'm getting cable modem speeds on a phone! Since this phone is rated for up to 42, maybe one day I'll see even higher speeds.

This is in Atlanta, specifically northern Atl, such as Alpharetta. Its funny how they claimed the merger was "necessary for 4G," yet somehow i'm already getting great service at reasonable prices.

I couldn't be happier , I just hope T Mobile takes the 4 billion and the spectrum that AT&T will have to cough up and continue to invest in the network because obviously not everywhere is not upgraded yet. There's areas nearby still on edge. I don't understand why T mobile is so determined to sell and mess up a great carrier (they aren't losing money) really the only good reasonably priced post-paid option available. i've been with them since they were Powertel and their customer service treats me with respect and actually values my loyalty. My family has broken multiple smartphones as early as 6 months into the contract and they've replaced the phones at new contract price no questions asked. AT&T would NEVER EVER do that. They DON'T CARE about loyalty or about you. they also give me discounts like 5 GB data for $20/line.

The Obama administration finally did something right by blocking this merger. Let's just hope they don't mess it up and allow AT&T to weasel their way out. we have a bought Congress and money talks. I have a bad feeling that AT&T is hoping that they can wait for the election and then push it through once Newt, Bachman, Romney or whoever wins (I don't see Obama winning).

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Reactions: heygrl

ijaved

Nov 6, 2011
Milton, ON
SC20111128-233514.png

lol i dont feel bad now i have wind and i almost had identical speeds sucks i seen the 1st few posts damn they have amazing speeds ! why cant north have same speeds !:confused:

Alright i just did the test LOL upload sucks big time on Wind ! taken in Mississauga across the airport :)

2SazX.png

Last edited:

scribbles92

Apr 30, 2011
Las Vegas
Amazing speeds on T-Mo's network. Maybe they were right for making the processor change. To hell with that battery draining LTE... :rolleyes:

109705233.png

Blue1k

Feb 8, 2008
lol i dont feel bad now i have wind and i almost had identical speeds sucks i seen the 1st few posts damn they have amazing speeds ! why cant north have same speeds !:confused:

Alright i just did the test LOL upload sucks big time on Wind ! taken in Mississauga across the airport :)

Ummm. Did you read my speed result carefully?? That was 18 down not 1.8! lol

I'm getting ridiculously fast speeds on Telus. :D

SC20111128-233514.png

Last edited:

heygrl

Nov 20, 2009
Las Vegassss
they are probably just on EDGE at home.. it's a common theme for T-Mobile. They invest (for 3G/4G) in the suburbs last if there is already adequate GSM coverage.

GTRACER88

Sep 8, 2010
I got those speeds in midtown, downtown, Sugarland area, Katy area, and Pasadena. LOL. A good amount of places actually.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Arlington, TX

j0tXKslEdn7xq.jpg

In the DFW area I'm usually averaging between 10-14Mpbs download :D
    In case you were curious, here is a Nexus S on 3G vs. Galaxy S2 on 4G in Downtown San Francisco.

Nexus S ______________________ Galaxy S2
    Speedtest.png
    speedtest.png
    UMTS is 384Kbps 3G. If you're getting higher than that, ignore it.
    Thanks heygrl

I can get maximum around ~2500 kpbs, and my area is "supposed" 4G area. Is this normal? or i been throttle?
    It's normal for T-Mobile 21Mbps HSPA+ depending on network load and capacity. You probably aren't in a 42 area tho which is why you aren't seeing 7-8Mbps easily. Throttled speed is 60Kbps
    SC20111128-233514.png