FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

1,033 posts
Thanks Meter: 495

By Alex C., Senior Member on 6th October 2011, 10:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2011, 07:13 PM |#381  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 289

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by themickman007

Is a problem in libcamera service hard to fix? Possible to steal libcameraservice.so from another htc device where the camera works on their cm7 rom?

It's a 600 kb binary, so it's a pain to reverse engineer. Your solution looks good although there are sadly few recent HTC ARMv6 devices as compared to the more common ARMv7. Maybe someone could try with the libcameraservice from the Wildfire S.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using xda premium

30th November 2011, 08:21 PM |#382  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Sorry I made a mistake, camera not working- when I actually took a pic for first time today it fc.

Just thought id say in case you thought I had a random working rom!

Sent from my A810e using Tapatalk
30th November 2011, 10:51 PM |#383  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I'll give the wildfire s libcamservice a test now but I dont think that their camera is working either in the cm7 rom so probably the same issue. Thanks again for looking into this even though i know before you said you were over it haha.

Qbert - I am a big fan of smart keyboard pro. If you select it as the keyboard and turn on prediction it gives a neat one line bar above the keyboard (bottom of the screen) which looks much better than any of the others i have seen, as well as being the most accurate with predictions.

Edit: I'll try the HTC aria libcamservice first as it has a 5mp camera is a htc and they have a working cm7 camera

I have to say though this really has put me off htc for the future - wish they didnt have to make everything so hard.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I'm getting a hang on the boot screen when replacing the libcameraservice.so with the one from the aria. I'm guessing its a different camera and it wont recognize properly. I am trying the desire s libcam because it has a 5mp and 0.3 front one as well. Different chipset though so i am doubtful it will boot
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to themickman007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift themickman007 Ad-Free
1st December 2011, 12:49 AM |#384  

More
libcameraservice.so from desire s gets to the boot screen but running a logcat it looks like it has an error with media.audio_policy.

Ive tried replacing the audiopolicy.so file but that makes it worse. I am not sure what else to do at the moment so I'm just going through google and seeing if anyone else has had a similar problem
The Following User Says Thank You to themickman007 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift themickman007 Ad-Free
1st December 2011, 03:06 AM |#385  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Out of curiosity, I tried the libcameraservice from the htc explorer and it booted up fine compared to the other couple I tried, which wouldn't boot at all. Unfortunately it just fc when I opened the camera app. I didn't do a logcat as I was away from my computer but I will later and see if it reveals anything useful.

Sent from my A810e using XDA Premium App
1st December 2011, 08:09 AM |#386  

More
Was it from a cm7 rom or from stock? Ive been trying out the cm7 ones hoping that if it does boot it wont have those fc's
1st December 2011, 10:37 AM |#387  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 495

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbg

On the stock ROM, Camera Illusion works fine. We are using the same libcamera and liboemcamera as stock. I'm thinking this is an issue caused by the middle layer, that is the libcameraservice and libcameraclient. We already had to fix the CameraHardwareInterface, but obviously there is some additional magic required.

It's also very possible that the kernel sources provided by HTC do not match the actual sources they used to build the stock ROM.

EDIT: in fact, it would be very useful to try a CM7-based ROM with the stock kernel. Even though touchscreen won't work, we can try the Camera by key navigation. Anyone feels up for this?

Give me a shout if you need any testing done. You can also use GTalk/Yahoo if you want.
1st December 2011, 02:33 PM |#388  
Flag Paris

More
Hello guys,

Thanks to everyone for the additional camera tests. In addition, the main developer of the WildFire S CM port has kindly pointed me to his latest commit: https://github.com/alquez/android_de...b87966cf495776

In summary, it replaces the proprietary libcamera.so with a version compiled from sources, which is very useful for debugging, leaving only liboemcamera as the remaining proprietary library.

The other route is instead to push the libcameraservice from stock ROM into CM7. It will not work out of the box since new APIs were introduced, so a slight tweaking of the camera client may be required.

EDIT: a careful study of differences between stock and CM7.1 shows several new parameters not present in CM7. Some are related to the face detection engine used by HTC. The most interesting is the capture-mode, which does not exist in CM7. See attached file.
Attached Files
File Type: txt differences-params.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.7 KB, 9 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
1st December 2011, 09:17 PM |#389  

More
Hey i cant really say i understand all the differences but i have noticed that when recording a video it only shoots at roughly 1 frame per second and in the params there it has a section called video size and format. There is also a similar one for picture size and format could it be that the camera doesnt know what size to shoot at?

Sorry i cant be of more help im trying to learn this stuff as i go along
1st December 2011, 09:33 PM |#390  
Flag Paris

More
Alright, sorry for being off-topic, but as I was reading android-building, I came across

Quote:

This page contains binary image files that are provided for use in restoring your Nexus device's original factory firmware. These files are for use only on your personal Nexus devices and may not be disassembled, decompiled, reverse engineered, modified or redistributed by you or used in any way except as specifically set forth in the license terms that came with your device.

<rant>Once again Google pretend they like openness, although in truth they don't care -- in this regard, they are no better than HTC. In fact, they never bothered to include the hardware support that Qualcomm provided in the Code Aurora Forum. I'd like to also quote from http://source.android.com/tech/encry...entation.html:

Quote:

While the actual encryption work is a standard linux kernel feature, enabling it on an Android device proved somewhat tricky. The Android system tries to avoid incorporating GPL components, so using the cryptsetup command or libdevmapper were not available options.

Fortunately, the startup that made Android chose the (GPLv2) Linux kernel before it was bought by Google. Otherwise, we might have been left with a binary-only, BSD-style kernel instead. Think about it. </rant>

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by themickman007

Hey i cant really say i understand all the differences but i have noticed that when recording a video it only shoots at roughly 1 frame per second and in the params there it has a section called video size and format. There is also a similar one for picture size and format could it be that the camera doesnt know what size to shoot at?

Sorry i cant be of more help im trying to learn this stuff as i go along

Yep. I'm also thinking about video acceleration and the yuv420sp-adreno parameters, it's like shooting works but playing it back is not hardware accelerated.
The Following User Says Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
2nd December 2011, 08:07 AM |#391  
Flag Paris

More
adlx.xda: I did a fresh CM 7.2 build, as almost everything works (the new Dialer is awesome!) However the 0/Symb key always shows the IME selector dialog instead of the proper key. Any idea? (I'm using your kl/kcm files).
The Following User Says Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xd.bx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)