FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tutorial] How to Downgrade from SPL 5.xxx

107 posts
Thanks Meter: 28

By Kr3i0s, Senior Member on 1st December 2011, 09:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am sure there are a lot of you who have unknowingly updated to SPL 5.xxx only to get to Internet Sharing or by mistake and are stuck on SPL 5.xxx like me. After a lot of reading, researching and wanting to go to custom roms like Ansar’s or DFT’s Freedom Rom, I have managed to go back to SPL 1.22 from SPL 5.xx .I have come up with this step by step guide for the downgrade. So this is how it works.
  1. First of all what I did was to find an old USB HUB
  2. Find an old USB Extension Cable(I hope this is what it is called). i.e. It has a male port on one end and a female port on another end.
  3. I de-soldered two female usb ports from the old usb hub
  4. Soldered both the usb ports like this.
  5. Cut the old usb cable and only soldered the red (+positive) and black(-negative) wires to the ports.
  6. Took a USB Drive and formatted it to FAT 32
  7. Copied the RUU_Signed.nbh from the rom RUU_Gold_HTC_Europe_1.22.401.01_Radio_5.63.09.13_3 a_22.36.50.15U_by_ansar and renamed it to GOLDIMG.NBH
  8. *** I am not sure if this step is necessary but I had done this step so may not work without it. Opened the goldcard tool v0.05(an old version I had) and patched a goldcard.img which I had from my old HTC Wildfire and patched the USB Drive. Note I did not get the CID of the USB drive or used a memory card and card reader
  9. Connected the male port of the USB cable made earlier to the PC, Inserted the USB Drive to one port
  10. Put the Phone (HTC 7 Pro) to the USB host mode by holding the Volume – and Camera button together.
  11. Connected the phones USB Cable to the other USB Port.
  12. I suddenly got the screen on the phone and it started updating the phone from the USB Drive, the Phone booted once and it updated once again
Then the Phone’s screen showed the update was a success. I had to hold the power for about 10 secs and the phone powered off. I switched on the phone and hold the volume – to get to the boot loader and what I saw was SPL 1.22. Will be uploading the pictures soon as I don’t have my camera with me now.
I am off to Flashing custom roms now………..Good luck everyone and hope this tutorial helps you all to go back to custom roms and unlocked WP7 phones. Cheers………….
I you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Note: Please try this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for bricked devices.
A big thanks to Martin7Pro for his research and contribution.

Please hit thanks if my post helped you.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kr3i0s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kr3i0s Ad-Free

1st December 2011, 05:56 PM |#2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 316

More
Nice but, can you give any scheme ? THX I don't understand that:
Quote:

1. I de-soldered two female usb ports from the old usb hub
  2. Soldered both the usb ports like this.

UPD
3 Dec
Working good. I made video-tutorial with that:
The Following User Says Thank You to Budniu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Budniu Ad-Free
1st December 2011, 06:54 PM |#3  
Flag Avignon
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Refered to this link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=893152
Thanks to ceesheim
The Following User Says Thank You to radiance26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift radiance26 Ad-Free
2nd December 2011, 03:45 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Thanks, can you please share your "goldcard.img"
The Following User Says Thank You to Steel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Steel Ad-Free
2nd December 2011, 08:07 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel

Thanks, can you please share your "goldcard.img"

Here you go...
Attached Files
File Type: zip goldcard.zip - [Click for QR Code] (270 Bytes, 7589 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kr3i0s For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kr3i0s Ad-Free
2nd December 2011, 08:31 AM |#6  

More
Thanks a lot, i will try.
2nd December 2011, 02:47 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
is the goldcard for all wp7 phones or specific phone only.
2nd December 2011, 03:08 PM |#8  
Flag Here in my Desktop
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I tried this to my updated HTC HD7 7740 but it keeps rebooting. After the "Loading.." reboot, "Loading.." reboot and so on.
3rd December 2011, 04:13 AM |#9  

More
My usb cable has green, red, white, yellow.
So which colour is for data , power
3rd December 2011, 07:31 AM |#10  
Flag Here in my Desktop
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel

My usb cable has green, red, white, yellow.
So which colour is for data , power

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to zyxer_raffy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zyxer_raffy Ad-Free
3rd December 2011, 10:05 AM |#11  

More
Thanks zyxer, but i don not have black wire. Do you mean my yellow wire is power (-)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade, spl, spl 5.xx, windows phone 7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)