- First of all what I did was to find an old USB HUB
- Find an old USB Extension Cable(I hope this is what it is called). i.e. It has a male port on one end and a female port on another end.
- I de-soldered two female usb ports from the old usb hub
- Soldered both the usb ports like this.
- Cut the old usb cable and only soldered the red (+positive) and black(-negative) wires to the ports.
- Took a USB Drive and formatted it to FAT 32
- Copied the RUU_Signed.nbh from the rom RUU_Gold_HTC_Europe_1.22.401.01_Radio_5.63.09.13_3 a_220.127.116.11U_by_ansar and renamed it to GOLDIMG.NBH
- *** I am not sure if this step is necessary but I had done this step so may not work without it. Opened the goldcard tool v0.05(an old version I had) and patched a goldcard.img which I had from my old HTC Wildfire and patched the USB Drive. Note I did not get the CID of the USB drive or used a memory card and card reader
- Connected the male port of the USB cable made earlier to the PC, Inserted the USB Drive to one port
- Put the Phone (HTC 7 Pro) to the USB host mode by holding the Volume – and Camera button together.
- Connected the phones USB Cable to the other USB Port.
- I suddenly got the screen on the phone and it started updating the phone from the USB Drive, the Phone booted once and it updated once again
I am off to Flashing custom roms now………..Good luck everyone and hope this tutorial helps you all to go back to custom roms and unlocked WP7 phones. Cheers………….
I you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Note: Please try this at your own risk. I will not be responsible for bricked devices.
A big thanks to Martin7Pro for his research and contribution.
Please hit thanks if my post helped you.