FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View camera of another ppc via bluetooth?

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By xkf, Junior Member on 5th March 2008, 06:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Is it possible to view the camera of another ppc via bluetooth? whether i need to install a program on both ppc's thats fine.

i just want sumthing where i can connect my two ppc's, put PPC1 sumwhere.......and watch PPC1 on PPC2 via bluetooth.

thanks a lot
,Andrew

5th March 2008, 08:44 AM |#2  

More
Exclamation
Well your post has been up longer than most and still no reply.
Allow me to take your forum cherry. The reluctance of replys is probably down to the nature of why you would want to watch ppc1 on ppc2 via bluetooth (taking into account that you have a 10m range)
So could you please answer me this survey, and i will be happy to answer your questions.
1) Are you planning to "watch" others, when they most likely are unaware that you are hiding (less than ten metres away)?
2) Have you got an atractive collegue, who rarely checks under the desk?
3) Are you planning to watch the public enter pin numbers into cashpoints, so that you can jump them later?

You get the picture.... I am sure you have a very good reason to want to see something 10m away, or maybe in the next room.... but, validation of the purpose would get you more response.
Please don't take this the wrong way, for all i know you could be my neighbor
5th March 2008, 10:47 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
oh lol haha.....soz, yeh i see where ur coming from :P

umm.....not anything particular (like getting passwords or perving at people LOL).....just like viewing something from another perspective.....say....im up at the front of the classroom.....i might be able to see wots happening behind me without even looking (by setting up ppc1 in front of me sumwhere).

i dont have any malicious reason :P .....just more of a different way of looking at things sorta point of view if u get wot i mean? just to see wot i look like to other people and such.

thanks if u can help me
,Andrew
5th March 2008, 11:57 AM |#4  

More
hmmmmm?
Well i have gathered that you are most likely a teacher.
Now hoping that you are not a gym teacher and "the other side of the class" means the girls changing room........... most people have relied on a technology known as A MIRROR to view themselfs from the other side of a room, this highly advanced piece of "GLASS" has a reflective quality... i kid you not.... ive seen one, and the mind boogles.....

I do not know of any program specificaly designed for this function. however i do remember a thread somewhere about using your ppc as a web cam.
now if you were to use some sort of logmein or orb program that allows you to take control of the host web cam, in theory this would be possible.
But the question is.... has anyone had any experience with this... or what would the data/connection limits be? surely a hsdpa connection would be needed or wifi. in which case would it not be easier to install ORB on a pc at the end of the class (or wifes office, whatever)

I cant answer this question just yet, but rest assured, i will be combing the internet for an answer..... you may of triggered a voyeristic switch i had hidden.......erm.....
5th March 2008, 12:06 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
haha nah im not a teacher :P lol.....im in year 10 this year :P hehe
5th March 2008, 12:26 PM |#6  
Retired Moderator
Flag DK
Thanks Meter: 49

More
the cameras are always off unless the device have it started using normal camera app or videocard

and

"(like getting passwords or perving at people LOL)"

how on earth would a front or back camera be able to get a password?
it dont get the image from under the screen it cant see whats being displayed or written on the screen

it would be possible to do but would require an app running on both the sender and reciever
and it would prob have pretty poor fps
5th March 2008, 02:20 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
MS Portrait is software which can do peer to peer video, and with the right bluetooth stack, or even WIFI you could set up a peer to peer network connection.

I think its certainly possible, and I imagine such a setup would be useful if you wanted to keep an eye on your car outside while being in another room, or as an impromptu baby monitor.

Surur
5th March 2008, 02:36 PM |#8  

More
Ok. i may have a solution
There is a program for ppc called coolcamera. This allows you to use your ppc as a web cam. Apparently you can use Webcam mode through Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPRS/EDGE without ActiveSync.
If this is the case, rather than using a desktop pc you could use ORB or VNC to view the ppc1 image on ppc2.

And now that i understand that you are only in year ten, I feel increasingly guilty, as i am seriously doubting that you will not be using this "unethicaly"

As mention above, both ppc's will need to be set up, and active. so expect poor battery performance, and possibly awful fps.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)