Otterbox

Search This thread

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
Jeuss Christ....wow that sux man. Is be pissd to. Yeah I didn't order yet. The more expensive shipping is 3-5 days proccessing and 3-5 days shipping I believe. Amazon has them too. Just found them. Not sure exactly who the dealer is but it seems ok. Let us k.ow how it goes. I'm curious

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

I saw a vendor selling the Commuter on eBay fo $27.99 shipped. I think it was shipping out of Los Angeles too. Never owned an Otter case so I'm not sure how much bulk this will add...not sure If I want to pull the trigger yet.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
I saw a vendor selling the Commuter on eBay fo $27.99 shipped. I think it was shipping out of Los Angeles too. Never owned an Otter case so I'm not sure how much bulk this will add...not sure If I want to pull the trigger yet.
ordered mine yesterday from amazon for $35 INCLUDING SHIPPING. i HAD THE oTTER cOMMUTER SERIES FOR MY EVo and loved it

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
I payed 43 for mine and am having shipping issues now :-( u guise make me jealous lol.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Hehe. Well I guess they got a hold of someone here because I just found my case sitting right inside my door against the wall lol. Kinda creepy but at least no one has to hear my mouth now :p

Love the commuter case I got, feels great and fits great on my phone. And it doesn't make the phone bulky still feels good in the hand (hehe)

One thing I am noticing that I don't really like is that the rubber portion at the bottom tends to cut off the HTC logo... No biggy, it hits right below the center line, just enough to cut off the bottom of the C

I'm also glad with how the decided to cover the charging port... There isn't a plug its just a flap door that fits flush on the case and sort of needs to be pressed in (glad because it doesn't open or anything when I pull it out of my pocket and stuff)

It also came is a nice screen protector in case anyone didn't know that it does. I have a verizon one on here now that's like anti glare or something but its kind of grey ish and not completely clear, so there is a slight compromise with the display contrast and such... I guess ill try to put the otterbox one on later.

This case also definitely makes the volume rocker easier to use, the power button is still so so IMO.

Otterbox always impresses. Love their stuff.

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Finally!!....LOL....good to hear u for it man. Mine should be here monday as well. Good stuff

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
Good to hear man! I decided to take the plung and order one as well from Ebay. Comes with a car charger for $29.99 shipped. Should be here before the end of this upcoming week.

Thanks for all the info guys!

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Err. I made a boo boo and accidentally lifted the screen protector off when I removed the top layer, and didn't realize it before I set it down on the table :-( :-(

I emailed them asking if I could order a few more of them, the screen protector is way better than the anti glare ones I got from verizon. They don't make the screen look funny, looks like it doesn't even have one on it to be honest (minus my dust spots :'( ) lol.

Unless you guise know where I can find the same one at?

Vashypooh

Jun 29, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
I guess I don't know how this thing works.

The defender has as screen protector built in. Is this removable? Is it actually adhesive or?

I generally prefer a matte anti glare protector, so a little nervous about it.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
I guess I don't know how this thing works.

The defender has as screen protector built in. Is this removable? Is it actually adhesive or?

I generally prefer a matte anti glare protector, so a little nervous about it.

The Commuter Cases always come with a clear separate screen protector, and its not anti glare, and it doesn't take away from the screen clarity.

I think the invisishield (sp?) Is a only available in the rubbery type cover on zagg.com which has antiglare properties kind of... But I don't like those because they texture weird and look ugly. They don't gave a smooth style one for this phone yet... I'm halfway hoping otterbox sends me free ones lul but of not ill still buy some

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
I would have left the matte protector on it I bought from Verizon but the stupid edges didn't completely stick on the screen so it had a white air ring around the top and bottom edges... Rip off lol.

I would prefer the anti glare but I wont sacrifice my screen quality for it... If anyone knows of a good brand for this then lemme know. And if anyone has an invisishield for theirs lemme know how it looks and feels

Last edited:

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
I would have left the matte protector on it I bought from Verizon but the stupid edges didn't completely stick on the screen so it had a white air ring around the top and bottom edges... Rip off lol.

I would prefer the anti glare but I wont sacrifice my screen quality for it... If anyone knows of a good brand for this then lemme know. And if anyone has an invisishield for theirs lemme know how it looks and feels
you can have mine if they wont send you one. I dont use the SP. Actually i noticed a nice litttle scatch yesterday on my screen. Pissed me off, but its nothing bad tho. But lemme know if u want it. Ill mail it to ya.
EDIT...thats when the case come in which should be tomorrow. If u need it ASAP ill mail it thru priority shipping or something. Just PM me if you'd like

Vashypooh

Jun 29, 2010
Grand Rapids, MI
The Commuter Cases always come with a clear separate screen protector, and its not anti glare, and it doesn't take away from the screen clarity.

I think the invisishield (sp?) Is a only available in the rubbery type cover on zagg.com which has antiglare properties kind of... But I don't like those because they texture weird and look ugly. They don't gave a smooth style one for this phone yet... I'm halfway hoping otterbox sends me free ones lul but of not ill still buy some

Well I am mostly looking at the defender atm, as I much prefer a holster type system. I usually buy Seidio, but atm they have nothing for rezound.

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
Defender otterbox cases are retarded indestructible lol. They definitely are nice. But too big for me. Guess I'm not a real man :p

I've noticed they ate popping up more now on ebay and Amazon. Keep your eyes peeled for a Beyer deal. I think they are like over 50 bucks on otterbox.com after shipping

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
you can have mine if they wont send you one. I dont use the SP. Actually i noticed a nice litttle scatch yesterday on my screen. Pissed me off, but its nothing bad tho. But lemme know if u want it. Ill mail it to ya.
EDIT...thats when the case come in which should be tomorrow. If u need it ASAP ill mail it thru priority shipping or something. Just PM me if you'd like

Thank you, but that's just too much effort lol. I'm hoping Stienheil or whatever will have one of those ultra optic protectors for this phone. Those things look great

reverepats

Dec 22, 2010
Boston,MA
Thank you, but that's just too much effort lol. I'm hoping Stienheil or whatever will have one of those ultra optic protectors for this phone. Those things look great

Yeah no problem. I'll keep it off to the side incase u change yur mind. I never use em anyway.

Apsalus

Jun 1, 2010
Cross post from the car mount thread, but does anyone have the OEM car mount and the Commuter case? The car mount comes with extra cradle inserts to accommodate the OEM cases, but I would really like to know if the Commuter fits it as well.

OEM car mount:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=selectPhone&phoneId=5723&archetypeId=12860
I have just confirmed myself that the Otterbox Commuter (and likely the Defender) for the RZD do not work with this car dock because the USB cover gets in the way.

Reactions: reverepats

platinumrims

Dec 28, 2010
I dropped the hell out of my phone on the parking lot and accidentally kicked it so it slid... Thank god I had the otterbox on it .. now the back is scratched though :-( I guess ill buy another... After how hard my phone dropped I may exchange it and bring up my muted mic complaints I get lol.

Top Liked Posts