All your current settings and apps will be gone after flashing a ROOT rom, only the content within Internal SD will be kept, so backup somewhere first.
If you must keep your current apps and settings.. read post #12
You need a Linux environment to do the following... (read #2 if you know windows only)
1. First of All, download the latest ROM from Huawei official site..
2. Unzip it, you'll have a folder "dload"
3. Extract the file" system.img.ext4" from the Update.zip
4. Copy the "system.img.ext4" into your Linux Environment..
5. mount the image file like these...
#mount -o loop system.img.ext4 /mnt/tmp
6. put the "superuser" binary into the path /mnt/tmp/xbin
#cp su /mnt/tmp/xbin
7. Assgin the correct permission to the su binary
#chmod 6755 /mnt/tmp/xbin/su
8. Unmount the path and copy the system.img.ext4 into the original Update.zip
9. Put the "dload" folder into the root directory of a Micro-SD
10. Power Up your mediapad, when it vibrates, press and hold Volume Down until you see the Android icon, and it will try to flash the new ROM.
11. After everything is done, Look for Super User from Market, you'll see.