*Guide* Root CDMA VZW Galaxy Tab Using [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla*

Search This thread

lexriley

Sep 20, 2010
*Guide* Root CDMA VZW Galaxy Tab Using [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard boot into recovery by holding volume up while powering on then choose install update.zip

If already on 2.3.5 or a Gingerbread build skip this and go to step 1. if you are running ECO2 or DJ11 to check on your tab go to settings then about device and check the build number the new 2.3.5 apps will not update right and might cause issues just use the above zip to update and then root

1. Download Heimdall Suite

2. You must have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed

3. Download the [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla rom all credit goes to dsb9938
or
[ROM][CDMA/VZW][GB 2.3.5 EI04+TW4+OC]Galaxy Cubed 3[Full Rebuild 11.21.11] all credit goes to dsb9938

4. Extract all the files downloaded

5. Reboot tab while holding volume down and plug into your pc

6. Open heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32 folder

7. Open the Drivers folder and run zadig

8. In the zadig application click options then list all devices and in the drop bar choose your tab then click install

9. After the driver is installed successfully open heimdall-frontend

10. place all the files from the stock rom in the correct locations
FactoryFS = factoryfs.rfs
Kernel (zImage) = zImages
Param.lfs = param.lfs
Cache = cache.rfs
Database Data = dbdata.rfs
Recovery = recovery.bin

11. Click Start

12. Immediately after completion you must boot into recovery by holding volume up on reboot

13. Once in recovery mode wipe data/factory and wipe cache partition

14. Reboot when done wiping and your done!

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard

Here is a link to view more work my dsb9938
http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2963256

Last edited:

dav3yb

Dec 17, 2010
thanks for posting this, im sure it'll help me once i get my tab.

i guess i can safely assume the same steps apply for other roms, just using those specific files instead.

cant wait to give this a try. :)

Reactions: lexriley

lows

Mar 24, 2011
i did this on the past just update my vzw tab to 2.3.4 no much lon ago everything went smooth without no hazzle .....ever since the 2.3.5 came out i'been waiting on it, i never came for x or y reason .....
-this is where im standing now i cant degrade the rom back to stock ...(to see if like that i update's correctly)nether load this rom ......
-everytime i shutdown the tab to get into downloder mode and plugs in the tab run the heimdall and hit start get error 12 failure to ........... no matter what do i try i wont reconize any help here guys.......

lexriley

Sep 20, 2010
Are the correct drivers installed? That's probably your problem I have the 2.3.5 OTA .zip all you would have to do is rename it to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard and boot into recovery mode I will post if you need it

Last edited:

thepza

Mar 15, 2010
A few notes on this method:

When you open zadig, you may have to select Options and check "List All Devices" in order to see your tab listed.

Also, after pressing "Start" on the frontend, I immediately got the message "Failed!" I pressed "Start" again and it all went smoothly.

And then when you reboot into recovery, note that to select any of the options, after choosing them with the vol up/down keys, you have to press the Home button. If you press Settings, you'll get a scary "!" triangle. Just hold power to shut the tab down and reboot.

Last edited:

biggnasty989

Aug 21, 2010
Worked like a charm, just make sure you load the drivers BEFORE you open up the frontend program! I had to reload the drivers, then start front end again to not get the "failed" message.

Anyway, great job. Very easy!

dav3yb

Dec 17, 2010
just used this guide to flash my galaxy tab.

very simple. thanks again for posting it.

when the device got done downloading the info heimdall was sending, it rebooted pretty quick, and i missed booting into recovery, but i held down power till it hard reset and went back into recovery from there.

just be ready to hold volume up after the flash. the reboot is much quicker than i expected.

nfrees114

Mar 4, 2011
Iowa
100% complete VZW galaxy tab stock 2.3.5 rom with root

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard boot into recovery by holding volume up while powering on then choose install update.zip

If already on 2.3.5 or a Gingerbread build skip this and go to step 1. if you are running ECO2 or DJ11 to check on your tab go to settings then about device and check the build number the new 2.3.5 apps will not update right and might cause issues just use the above zip to update and then root

So I just got my Refurb Tab and did the OTA update and was on 2.3.5. I proceeded to step one. Flashed fine and things seem good. At first Ti Backup said it didn't have busybox access so I downloaded BusyBox from the market, rebooted and now it works. Now is this just the stock Rom but rooted? Is it considered a Vanilla Rom then? Just trying to get my terminology down here. On my fascinate you root but are still on the stock rom, then flash a vanilla rom or some other rom (ex: CM7 or whatever) but i thought i read somewhere on here or another thread that this was considered a "vanilla package" didn't make sense to me so figured i'd clear it up.

elektrosha

Dec 24, 2007
Is any possible way to get Modem.bin from this firmware (2.3.5). I accidentally flashed Modem from leaked 2.3.4 and now stuck with S:i800.0.3V.EF01 baseband and can't make my Tab all stock. I would really appreciate it. Thank You!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *Guide* Root CDMA VZW Galaxy Tab Using [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla

1. Download Heimdall Suite

2. You must have Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables installed

3. Download the [ROM][CDMA/VZW][2.3.5]Stock+Root Vanilla rom all credit goes to dsb9938
    or
    [ROM][CDMA/VZW][GB 2.3.5 EI04+TW4+OC]Galaxy Cubed 3[Full Rebuild 11.21.11] all credit goes to dsb9938

4. Extract all the files downloaded

5. Reboot tab while holding volume down and plug into your pc

6. Open heimdall-suite-1.1.1-win32 folder

7. Open the Drivers folder and run zadig

8. In the zadig application click options then list all devices and in the drop bar choose your tab then click install

9. After the driver is installed successfully open heimdall-frontend

10. place all the files from the stock rom in the correct locations
    FactoryFS = factoryfs.rfs
    Kernel (zImage) = zImages
    Param.lfs = param.lfs
    Cache = cache.rfs
    Database Data = dbdata.rfs
    Recovery = recovery.bin

11. Click Start

12. Immediately after completion you must boot into recovery by holding volume up on reboot

13. Once in recovery mode wipe data/factory and wipe cache partition

14. Reboot when done wiping and your done!

Here is stock update with no root from EC02 to EI04 just rename to update.zip and place on the root of your sdcard

Here is a link to view more work my dsb9938
    http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=2963256
    I have rooted my galaxy tab with the help of your noob root guide, i appreciate it man!!
    thanks for posting this, im sure it'll help me once i get my tab.

i guess i can safely assume the same steps apply for other roms, just using those specific files instead.

cant wait to give this a try. :)
    thanks

so much thanks!

works like a charm
    A litlle involved but simple none-the-less.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using XDA App