FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

4EXT Recovery Classic v2.2.7 RC5 | TAR BACKUPS | Convert FS | Romname -> Backupname

4,287 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,644

By madmaxx82, Retired Recognized Developer on 31st May 2011, 08:04 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th November 2011, 12:31 PM |#621  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferi0r

Thanks I get it. Found in ARHD rom details that Mike was supporting sd card ext4 partitions, but that's not for a primary partition if I get it right. With this tool actually you can read ext4 partitions (also external disks) under windows 7. I've tested that tool myself. Just thinking on an ext4 partitioned sd card for performance reasons, but looks like that makes not a big difference.

Yes ext2read would work for windows, but the most important thing is getting a rom to work with that first.. otherwise your rom would not "see" your sdcard.
It's absolutely not supported or expected to have an ext4 partition INSTEAD of fat32 on our devices.

Samsung is differently.. they also use a completely different mechanism for making the sdcard available to your os.

28th November 2011, 12:35 PM |#622  

More
If this ever made any sense I'd add that feature immediately.
4th December 2011, 10:47 PM |#623  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx82

If this ever made any sense I'd add that feature immediately.

hi,

a newb here...
just check which version should I use? on the 1st post?
is there any diff?
5th December 2011, 09:37 AM |#624  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _m0r0n_

hi,

a newb here...
just check which version should I use? on the 1st post?
is there any diff?

Download the 4EXT Recovery Updator and install the newest version of 4EXT Recovery.
Basically, in my opinion, 2.2.7 RC5 is already good enough to be called as "stable", bugfree and super stable

Btw, any sneak peaks about 4EXT NG?
Looking forward to this secret update...
The Following User Says Thank You to yauhoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yauhoman Ad-Free
5th December 2011, 09:40 AM |#625  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yauhoman

Download the 4EXT Recovery Updator and install the newest version of 4EXT Recovery.
Basically, in my opinion, 2.2.7 RC5 is already good enough to be called as "stable", bugfree and super stable

Btw, any sneak peaks about 4EXT NG?
Looking forward to this secret update...

In very few hours
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to madmaxx82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift madmaxx82 Ad-Free
8th December 2011, 07:25 PM |#626  

More
Hi,
Sorry, need to confirm something.. I am checking the instructions from this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1337105 to s-off and flash the CWM before I flash the custom rom but at which step should I install this ex4recovery?? After flashing CWM? Or just replace the step to flash CWM with this?

Thanks.
9th December 2011, 12:45 PM |#627  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Quote:

Hi,
Sorry, need to confirm something.. I am checking the instructions from this link http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1337105 to s-off and flash the CWM before I flash the custom rom but at which step should I install this ex4recovery?? After flashing CWM? Or just replace the step to flash CWM with this?

Thanks.

4EXT Recovery is just an alternative for CWM, you can flash 4EXT whenever you want via CWM, also after flashing ROM. But I do prefer 4EXT over CWM
9th December 2011, 03:00 PM |#628  
Thanks Meter: 632

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enes_81

4EXT Recovery is just an alternative for CWM, you can flash 4EXT whenever you want via CWM, also after flashing ROM. But I do prefer 4EXT over CWM

CWM is an alternative to 4EXT .. not the other way around ;D
9th December 2011, 10:03 PM |#629  

More
So I just have to flash Ext4? Or I need CWM to flash Ex4?
Thanks.
9th December 2011, 10:56 PM |#630  
Thanks Meter: 632

More
Quote:

Thanks.

Hey, may I quote the First post of the new Thread for you:

All downloads are available through 4EXT Recovery Updater. It's free, no ads, no tracking, no nothing, don't worry
.. and of course via 4EXT Recovery Control

So just install 4EXT Recovery Updater (if you dont have the paid app from market), open it and click "Online install / upgrade" , select Touch and go
The Following User Says Thank You to craacK For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift craacK Ad-Free
9th December 2011, 11:29 PM |#631  

More
Quote:

Thanks.

If you are already rooted, please follow the post of craack. If you are still not rooted, then continue with the guide. You can upgrade to 4ext recovery once you are completely rooted (by following craack's post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by craacK

Hey, may I quote the First post of the new Thread for you:

All downloads are available through 4EXT Recovery Updater. It's free, no ads, no tracking, no nothing, don't worry
.. and of course via 4EXT Recovery Control

So just install 4EXT Recovery Updater (if you dont have the paid app from market), open it and click "Online install / upgrade" , select Touch and go

Thank you very much mate for your continuous support!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)