Thanks Meter: 1,879

By xT4Z1N4TRx, Senior Member on 3rd December 2011, 10:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th December 2011, 01:06 PM |#251  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 665

Donate to Me
More
I've got a problem with entering PIN number (for sim card) to unlock the phone - soft keyboard doesn't show up (I know that it's not ready yet) and hw keyboard is not entering numbers (FN key doesn't working).

5th December 2011, 01:20 PM |#252  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamz667

I've got a problem with entering PIN number (for sim card) to unlock the phone - soft keyboard doesn't show up (I know that it's not ready yet) and hw keyboard is not entering numbers (FN key doesn't working).

Read the earlier posts. All info you need is there. This is, after all, a forum. Do read through before posting up any queries.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Dog'sGonads For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dog'sGonads Ad-Free
5th December 2011, 01:35 PM |#253  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Okey, got it to boot up fine, but i'm stuck on a sim, pin-code screen, can't type it in, HW keyboard doesn't work, and soft kb won't pop up. on a second try somekind select screen flashed, prolly asking about what kb i want to be default, or? going to test again...
hoffmas
5th December 2011, 01:52 PM |#254  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You have to diasble pin for simcard before flashing this rom. It's settings/security...

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
5th December 2011, 01:52 PM |#255  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Cool rom Graphics are very nice, i had to take out the simcard to get in the device.

But good progress, hope to make it my default rom soon!! You guys do such great work, amazing
5th December 2011, 02:29 PM |#256  
Flag Fredericksburg
Thanks Meter: 180

More
got numbers working on the keypad... let me finish, i will finish my new kernel and incorporate it in it.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to OdiemanSAM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OdiemanSAM Ad-Free
5th December 2011, 02:58 PM |#257  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 187

More
I think for now the priorities of this build would be as follows in order

1. Keyboard (both S/W and H/W)
2. WiFi (to connect via DHCP) which would at the same time sort out WiFi tether
3. Fix gapps connecting issues (Market, Calendar and Gtalk)
4. Rendering issues (Youtube no video playback and hard to close once video is loaded, artifacts most obvious in google maps and latest google music)
5. USB connecting (altho ADB and Android Commander works perfectly in pushing apps)
6. Camera
7. Heaphone
8. Bluetooth

What else? I believe half the issues here are kernel related don't you agree OdiemanSAM and xT4Z1N4TRx?

Owh yeah, I'm willing to volunteer as am a ROM junkie with 3 different backups on my SD
5th December 2011, 03:29 PM |#258  
Flag Fredericksburg

More
ok so i am having trouble getting this working right so i will put it out there for the community. i have the keyboard working, at least most of it including numbers but sorry its only in english. Take the file here - http://www.mediafire.com/?b9nr1q49qplprdh - and put it somewhere.
Do the following to get keyboard working - (in the directory you put the file)

1. type

adb remount(enter)

2. type

adb shell(enter)
cd /system/usr/keychars(enter)
rm *(enter)
exit(enter)

3. type

adb push ./Generic.kcm /system/usr/keychars/(enter)
adb shell sync(enter)
adb reboot(enter)

and there you go... just tested it right after fresh flash of beta3r3.1

EDIT: not sure if its related but now i cant get into wifi settings...
5th December 2011, 03:30 PM |#259  
Thanks Meter: 191

More
Could you make a flashable zip maybe? It makes it easier since im not near a computer atm

5th December 2011, 03:31 PM |#260  
Flag Barcelona
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostthere

I think for now the priorities of this build would be as follows in order

1. Keyboard (both S/W and H/W)
2. WiFi (to connect via DHCP) which would at the same time sort out WiFi tether
3. Fix gapps connecting issues (Market, Calendar and Gtalk)
4. Rendering issues (Youtube no video playback and hard to close once video is loaded, artifacts most obvious in google maps and latest google music)
5. USB connecting (altho ADB and Android Commander works perfectly in pushing apps)
6. Camera
7. Heaphone
8. Bluetooth

What else? I believe half the issues here are kernel related don't you agree OdiemanSAM and xT4Z1N4TRx?

Owh yeah, I'm willing to volunteer as am a ROM junkie with 3 different backups on my SD

Gallery FC's when trying to edit a photo, so that should be fixed too.
5th December 2011, 03:43 PM |#261  
Flag Fredericksburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by johrie

Could you make a flashable zip maybe? It makes it easier since im not near a computer atm

i am trying but i need to get rid of all the other files in order to get it working... but i figure there are better devs than me so i am putting the fix out there... give it a bit... we are bound to have it soon

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiark

Gallery FC's when trying to edit a photo, so that should be fixed too.

i do agree there are some kernel issues but i think it is more the joining of the two than one or the other... i am doing all i can on the kernel... trying to backport some drivers from msm3.0 and stuff
The Following User Says Thank You to OdiemanSAM For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift OdiemanSAM Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ice cream sandwich, ics

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)