Better Camera for the Titans... Camera_5_07_28987 Now in a Cab File

Search This thread

codyppc

Mar 15, 2006
i seen a few people saying that the Camera_5_07_28987 (vouge) was better than the Camera_4_05_29446 (titan original). this version is included in dcd's kitchens, but was never made into a cab file.

One reason why it may never have been made into a cab file is because a cab file can not replace files in the rom. although there there still is a way to get it on to the device with out a kitchen.

here is what you need to do...

1. download and install the Camera_5_07_28987 cab file below.
2. download and install resco explorer or total commander as well.
3. move the files from Program files/Camera_Temp to the Windows folder.
4. softreset.

the first thing you need to do is make sure either resco or totalcommander is set to show all files. normally these apps want to hide ROM files (dlls, ect).

i will give example using resco...

1. open resco explorer and go to Program Files/Camera_Temp
2. go to menu/file/options and tap the "browser" tab.
3. select "show all files"
4. hit done

now you should see all the files

5. hit Meun/edit/select all
6. using your stylus tap and hold in the center of the screen for a popup.
7. select "move to..."
8. select "Windows"
9. select "overwrite all".

now a warning message will popup a few hundred times asking you if you are sure you want to overwirte. just keep saying yes.

soft reset and your done.

Enjoy, cody

i included resco as well in case you dont have it. just a trial version, but still does the job.

also included the camera 4_05_29446 version cab form

Attachments

• camera_5_07_28987.cab
    1.8 MB · Views: 2,036
  • rescoexplorer_p.arm.cab
    1.5 MB · Views: 656
  • camera_4_05_29446.cab
    1.7 MB · Views: 719
Last edited:

codyppc

Mar 15, 2006
just so everyone knows...

This does NOT work with the flash. not yet anyhow.

plus you can remove the camera_temp folder once you have moved all the files over. this was just a temp folder.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
Is it actually better quality or is it just a placebo? Are there any comparison shots using the standard camera vs this one? I would love a better camera, but i always thought it was a cpu and hardware limitation holding it back mostly. Thanks.

drgreenberg

Feb 24, 2008
It's in DCD's 2.3.2 kitchen, if you wish to build it in. I chose not to, because of the lack of flash (and the fact that I don't use the camera for anything serious beyond Contact photos and to send an occasional "look where I am" photo to a friend).

David

maccaberry

I have used both the titan 4_05 and the vogue 5_07 camera setups in a dcd kitchen on my titan. Both work.

I can attest that the vogue camera is far superior to the titan one. Unfortunately there is NO flash programming because the vogue doesn't have one and so the program driving the vogue camera doesn't need one either.

I doubt that anyone will be able to add flash capability to the program because the exposure settings that the vogue camera is expecting would not be set to compensate for the extra light coming from the flash. It would be great if I am proven wrong on this assumption.

muyoso

Oct 23, 2007
To solve the flash thing, couldnt you just map the flashlight app to a button and use it when you need it? You wouldnt get the extra brightness right before a photo, but it would be better than nothing. I have the flashlight app mapped to my comm-manager button. Gonna try this new camera and seee how it works.

axion68

Dec 17, 2007
is there any way we could have both versions on the phone so we would have the option to use the flash?

nauticus25

Jul 27, 2007
To solve the flash thing, couldnt you just map the flashlight app to a button and use it when you need it? You wouldnt get the extra brightness right before a photo, but it would be better than nothing. I have the flashlight app mapped to my comm-manager button. Gonna try this new camera and seee how it works.

I just tried that a few times. I have the Nilsco flashlight app mapped to my comm manager button. Opened the camera app, turned on the flashlight, snapped a picture. Each time, the light turned off just before the "shutter release". Good idea, though.

Bump..

I just tried that a few times. I have the Nilsco flashlight app mapped to my comm manager button. Opened the camera app, turned on the flashlight, snapped a picture. Each time, the light turned off just before the "shutter release". Good idea, though.

Tried the same and got the same....I actually use my camera alot and need the flash..moved back to the default camera, otherwise a good camera app though.

2 Cent TIP:....before you do copy from temp take the time to copy your default camera stuff to a temp folder for later retrieval if necessary.. I used my mobile and did it from my computer makes the process go alot faster.

bryanw17

Mar 1, 2008
ive been playing around with the camera cab and all that u can use both cameras how you please u can run the camera file in the program files folder and also use the original camera the vogue camera saved the pic in a dcim folder

gobmonster

Jul 24, 2007
i think he wants to run both the old and new camera on the device.

I think he actually can

I can, just go to the program folder and launch the new camera app. I copied it and made a shortcut in my start menu. From there, you can remap the camera button to this app and not even uninstall or right over anything.

bryanw17

Mar 1, 2008
ya i meant that u can use both just run it fromthe programs folder n set a shortcut so daylight cituations use that and then the original for the low light i believe u can also map the button under the ok button as the secondary camera imma try it now

sanjsrik

okay can ANYONE give me the name of the flash application to see if i can map a key to it to see if i can use it with this version of hte camera?

there was one person who said he'd mapped the flash but didn't mention what the flash application was.

please and thank you.

glenl

Dec 30, 2007
okay can ANYONE give me the name of the flash application to see if i can map a key to it to see if i can use it with this version of hte camera? there was one person who said he'd mapped the flash but didn't mention what the flash application was.
The app name was mentioned, but it was just misspelled. Nilisco.

friguy33

Mar 9, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
so how about a comparison of the picture quality? anyone want to take a pic with the old then take a pic with the new? would love to see the difference. thanks...