[ROM]ICS for INCS Beta 1

Search This thread

nikhil007mmus

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 26, 2011
Pune
First of all this rom was just fixed in some parts by me not totally my rom .. Lots of amazing devs have contributed to make this one a stable rom ..

Special thanks to st.matt for the port for incs , Thanks for the major work on dhd by Lordclockan, dh.harald, Twistedumbrella, Shaky153,z3freak

Secondly this rom is a beta , so there is no ETA for the final one ..

There was actually one more post made by ajeya which listed some fixes they are all compiled in this rom :)

I have got how to fix the automatic apn but building framework-res of ics has a problem .. if someone has an idea let me know .. till then manual add of apn

Working:

Changelog :
- Newest Market 3.3.12 added ( so now market apps downloadable )
- Lag fixed
- Call audio fixed
- Newest GAPPS added
- Calendar Sync fixed
- Su issues fixed
- busybox integrated
- ext4 support

previous version :

- Hardware 2D/3D Hacks
- Touchscreen
- Bluetooth
- Wifi (not tethering)
- RIL
- Data
- Sound
- Sensors
- Rotation
- Status LED
- Google account,Market

Not Working

- Hardware video acceleration
- Tethering
- UMS (use adb instead)
- USB tethering
- Camera

Download link ( Beta 1 ) : http://www.multiupload.com/MJQ56BD4NS

Screenies :

kevqky.jpg

2dt1yco.jpg

11j9eo6.jpg

2z3ov0k.jpg

Last edited:

nikhil007mmus

Feb 26, 2011
Pune
@st.matt thanks bro . i had no problem decompiling but building is giving a lot of errors .. i manually tried to change the location like cm of the apn-conf file but that doesn't work .. it has to be fixed in the framework , the beatmod beta 3 has it fixed tried that framework but it loses keypad lights on the inc s

@ajeya bro didnt actually try it its 3:00 am here m getting sleepy , aren't u ?? haha

ajeya

Mar 29, 2011
Delhi
www.facebook.com
@st.matt thanks bro . i had no problem decompiling but building is giving a lot of errors .. i manually tried to change the location like cm of the apn-conf file but that doesn't work .. it has to be fixed in the framework , the beatmod beta 3 has it fixed tried that framework but it loses keypad lights on the inc s

@ajeya bro didnt actually try it its 3:00 am here m getting sleepy , aren't u ?? haha

i m the night watchman :p

will try and report ;)

nikhil007mmus

Feb 26, 2011
Pune
@st.matt yup read a lot of posts and figured that .. il update the rom link as you give me the fix :) thanks ..

@ajeya haha :)

vido.ardes

Aug 22, 2008
UK
Downloading now, nice to see all the fixes in one place :D

Wouldn't it be nice if we were the first to crack the HTC Camera problem ;) Looks like I'm gonna be busy for the next week or so. It's not like I did anything at work anyway... :p

st.matt

Nov 30, 2011
I don't think the 'egl fix' actually does anything. I always had the hardware 2d/3d hack in there, doesn't seem like the different egl libs have done anything. Sorry prohpet!

Reactions: katu2006

aeroevan

Oct 22, 2011
Do you all have a github or source posted somewhere? Specifically for the hardware acceleration/EGL stuff?

nikhil007mmus

Feb 26, 2011
Pune
@lost.prophet i wish we could crack that i have been reading here and there trying hell lot of things wishing one of them work .. only samsung galaxy s users have got the cam support still no video recording for them ..

@st.matt i noticed that the phone was a bit lagfree after i flashed the patch provided by lost.prophet .. thats the reason i embedded it in the rom itself .. and he had already mentioned that the patch would mostly work and he is not confirming the hw accelaration is fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: jonnyboy-behan

st.matt

Nov 30, 2011
@lost.prophet i wish we could crack that i have been reading here and there trying hell lot of things wishing one of them work .. only samsung galaxy s users have got the cam support still no video recording for them ..

I think the cam support is only because of the leaked rom as well. I think it will require for the camera api to be modified to be backwards compatible with old camera libs. I'm sure someone from the CM team can figure it out lol.

nikhil007mmus

Feb 26, 2011
Pune
@st.matt im not a fan of cm roms but love the ics look and feel and i now think surely some cm dev will fix the cam for us the way you are telling things .. anyways have you just got a incs cz i have never seen you active in the incs section .. but its good you gave us the first ics port .. thanks :)

Legah

Aug 31, 2009
Big thanks to all developers, I'm having a blast with ICS right now!

One problem I found is mic usage when screen's locked, I use Tape A Talk often when I'm in meetings etc, but now the mic shuts of when screen is locked, but the recording continues but there's no sound. I tried another app and got the same result. Just wondering if there's a quick fix for this too as when the fix for calls was released, and I'm guessing this is also driver related isn't it?

Big thanks again for all of your work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all this rom was just fixed in some parts by me not totally my rom .. Lots of amazing devs have contributed to make this one a stable rom ..

Special thanks to st.matt for the port for incs , Thanks for the major work on dhd by Lordclockan, dh.harald, Twistedumbrella, Shaky153,z3freak

Secondly this rom is a beta , so there is no ETA for the final one ..

There was actually one more post made by ajeya which listed some fixes they are all compiled in this rom :)

I have got how to fix the automatic apn but building framework-res of ics has a problem .. if someone has an idea let me know .. till then manual add of apn

Working:

Changelog :
    - Newest Market 3.3.12 added ( so now market apps downloadable )
    - Lag fixed
    - Call audio fixed
    - Newest GAPPS added
    - Calendar Sync fixed
    - Su issues fixed
    - busybox integrated
    - ext4 support

previous version :

- Hardware 2D/3D Hacks
    - Touchscreen
    - Bluetooth
    - Wifi (not tethering)
    - RIL
    - Data
    - Sound
    - Sensors
    - Rotation
    - Status LED
    - Google account,Market

Not Working

- Hardware video acceleration
    - Tethering
    - UMS (use adb instead)
    - USB tethering
    - Camera

Download link ( Beta 1 ) : http://www.multiupload.com/MJQ56BD4NS

Screenies :

kevqky.jpg

2dt1yco.jpg

11j9eo6.jpg

2z3ov0k.jpg
    i think he wants to say that everything from that list is already working on our beta 1. right st.matt ?

Yes exactly.

For the record I hope to have a new version up in the next few hours, just completing a full build now (from source) and will have to see how much of it works. This will also have Kali's 7x30 kernel.

Probably won't have many things fixed, but it's a huge step in the right direction to have it built from source, rather than ported from elsewhere
    I will rebuild framework-res for the apn support.
    Kernel will be uploaded today.
    Also apn fix is very easy, will talk to Nil about it.
    Don't know if he compiles from source or not

Sent from Desire HD running my ICS
    Attached is framework-res with fixed mobile data apns. I changed the autobrightness levels a little too, may work better now but I don't know.