- Mounting the SD card over USB
- Barcode Scanner works (using tilal's fix, of course)
- ROM Manager 188.8.131.52
- Kernel Supports ext3/ext4 (should fix link2sd problems)
- I bet nobody read this, and will ask a million times if it supports overclocking...
- Camera still takes 2 megapixel pictures. This appears to be the maximum the U8150 camera hardware supports, information about the U8150's camera sensor. I can't explain why the stock firmware takes 3mp pictures, but it appears they're upscaling them, not taking "true" 3mp.
- Audio is still distorted when it is very loud.
How to flash*:
- Flash ClockworkMod Recovery 184.108.40.206 (instructions). UltraJack won't work.
- Do a nandroid backup from ClockworkMod Recovery
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Flash update from sdcard
- Full reboot!
- Flash Google Apps from ClockworkMod Recovery (optional)
Download ROM: update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-U8150-KANG-signed-dec5.zip (md5sum: 245615517569263c37364b0460425e6d)
ClockworkMod Recovery: clockworkmod_220.127.116.11_u8150.img (md5sum: c59673d5aa926d94227857e51fbe9e2c)
Google Apps: gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip (md5sum: 1647897d8ac3efb04723d2ad2c361a3f)
*failure to follow instructions has been shown to result in baldness in both men AND women. Flash at your own risk. It is your own responsibility to backup your applications, settings, phone numbers, etc.
Beta testers should look out (and provide feedback) for:
- I switched to CyanogenMod's libril, liblights, libcopybit rather than using local versions in our device tree. The reasoning was that if the local ones work as well as the CM ones, there is no need to complicate our device tree just because "it works." CyanogenMod's maintainers maintain/update the CM hardware libs, so we'll let them do it.
- Audio. I switched to psyke83's libaudio. We are already using a local libaudio override in our device tree, but right now we're using one from tas0s U8120 build. From speaking to psyke I learned that his code is newer, and contains fixes from the CodeAurora Forum. We had tried his code before but it didn't compile because of an error in the FM-related ifdef logic. We fixed the compile bug last night and the audio seems to work no less better than the U8120 audio.