Official HC 3.2 is out

46 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By expatriate, Member on 5th December 2011, 11:55 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th December 2011, 02:28 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I've gone to the Westfire HC and personally I like GB better. Some of the apps I've restored won't work with HC and just the overall layout of the HC isn't quite what I expected.

To each their own and all that, just an observation at this point.

8th December 2011, 02:36 AM |#112  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forx

so theres a special dyslexic/mispelt os for the usa?,didnt know that....

chortle...

Yep, we have a countrywide disability.
8th December 2011, 02:56 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hey, somebody can tell us is there any different between official HC and ROM here?

update is going very slow...I hope that I can receive the update before xmas..

I very expect to use the wonderful pen. Can it come true in official HC?

I really want to draw in SKB on flyer!

and if it also allows me to use whatsapp will be better..but i'm wifi verson, can I?
8th December 2011, 03:03 AM |#114  
New York
Thanks Meter: 462

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.C Frecars

Hey, somebody can tell us is there any different between official HC and ROM here?

update is going very slow...I hope that I can receive the update before xmas..

I very expect to use the wonderful pen. Can it come true in official HC?

I really want to draw in SKB on flyer!

and if it also allows me to use whatsapp will be better..but i'm wifi verson, can I?

The one in Globatrons thread is official, it's just not the US WiFi version. The Roms will be very similar. I believe the official ota in Europe is gsm based so other than that they should feel the same. The pen does have increased functionality in HC so you should be quite happy in that regard. Hopefully it'll be here soon.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to lrs421 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lrs421 Ad-Free
8th December 2011, 07:28 AM |#115  
Flag Northern Arizona
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Evo View really needs its own forum.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
8th December 2011, 09:43 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by extemp

I was keeping the Flyer in sight for some time now.. The only reason that kept me off from buying it, was the obviously suppressed stylus support in GB version.

Could anyone now confirm or discard the rumour of pressure sensitivity support in third-party apps after updating up to HC ROM?

I read through the whole thread here, and there were some claims about that, but either before the official release or still bearing a kind of doubtfulness inside..

Could someone clear the things here once and for all?

Thanks!

No, until someone actually uses the stylus SDK from HTC in their software, pressure sensitivity will not work outside the native HTC Scribe applications. It certainly doesn't work in Sketchbook, although the dynamic "stroke" function of Sketchbook may make someone think it does.

BTW, having to lift your hand from the screen to draw with the pen is rather uncomfortable. It is the case even in the notepad, where the keyboard keeps coming on if you touch the screen.
HTC itself should take care of supplying a proper drawing app which would only react to the stylus when the user so chooses. That would almost defend the stylus as a useful device, which it hardly is, even under HC.
8th December 2011, 02:12 PM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
So,the pen still not useful in app likes sketbook?even it provides pressure sensitivity function?
I feel sad...
Use flyer on sketch is one of main purpose I buy it...
It seems that it won't be the tool like that, right?

I just think pen can work on other app +sketchbook can provide pressure sensitivity = a useful 7" sketch book....
so
8th December 2011, 02:35 PM |#118  
Thanks Meter: 1,230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrownla

Evo View really needs its own forum.

Sent from my HD7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

there would be like 6 members and 2 threads
8th December 2011, 02:41 PM |#119  
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcord11758

there would be like 6 members and 2 threads

Lmao, this is funny but true. Contradude has been a tremendous asset to the View community.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
8th December 2011, 04:02 PM |#120  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrs421

The one in Globatrons thread is official, it's just not the US WiFi version. The Roms will be very similar. I believe the official ota in Europe is gsm based so other than that they should feel the same. The pen does have increased functionality in HC so you should be quite happy in that regard. Hopefully it'll be here soon.

Is it possible that once the US update is available that the same process in Globatron's thread can be used or will is take additional steps?

Sent from GrandAdmiral's phone using Tapatalk.
8th December 2011, 04:07 PM |#121  
New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandAdmiral

Is it possible that once the US update is available that the same process in Globatron's thread can be used or will is take additional steps?

Sent from GrandAdmiral's phone using Tapatalk.

That's a question for him but theoretically you should as his process just makes the root and upgrade process very easy. I once beta tested a root method and flashing the final ROM was the easy part, just swapping the signed Rom for another.

I'll be willing to bet he'll have your back when the official drops.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)