FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] ROCKET ROM - v23 - GB - LC1 [Update 29/03] - JKay Mod 13.6.1 - MIUI Style Theme

4,940 posts
Thanks Meter: 13,289

By eybee1970, Senior Member on 7th December 2011, 10:48 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
9th December 2011, 12:56 AM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi guys,
Some quick questions:

1) How's the battery life? I'm new to the Note and have been using Romow + Abyss 1.4 but I have a horrible battery life, especially when compared to my previous Galaxy SII.

2) Is it possible to remove the Bravia engine from this ROM? I understand the Bravia is copyrighted material and for moral reasons I would prefer not to use it.

3) I like the gray and green stock-like theme. Any chance we could get that in blue though?

Thanks!

9th December 2011, 12:57 AM |#112  
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 535

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verisae

Ok. So I've flashed newest (1.5) abyss kernel on top of this rom and thought I will never say this but the performance is even better . And now when in sleep mode and wifi ON i have lost only 1% of battery over 1h. Still have to do some testing and apply some good tips (thanks eybee )

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Can you confirm that with wifi on without any power management apps you are losing 1% an hour or so? How much would you lose over a night?
This is really interesting because on stock rom anyone I talked to said the same thing - wifi kills note's battery.
Do we have a solution to the problem then?
The Following User Says Thank You to mfractal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mfractal Ad-Free
9th December 2011, 01:33 AM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:

Ok. So I've flashed newest (1.5) abyss kernel on top of this rom and thought I will never say this but the performance is even better . And now when in sleep mode and wifi ON i have lost only 1% of battery over 1h. Still have to do some testing and apply some good tips (thanks eybee )

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Where did you get v1.5 from? I only see 1.4 with a [KERNEL] keyword?
9th December 2011, 05:58 AM |#114  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliashadow

I agree with you.Im working all day on abyss 1.5 kernel, uv a little bit and my battery semms to be better.
I hope v.6 incuding ics animations, glow effect and less useless applications.I have done these in my personal rocket rom and looks amazing.

which glow effect you're talking about? Overglow is build in - can you point me to other 'glow'? Also animations are part of the ROM - I can build in more or provide seperate uupdate package if you'd also point me to that.
9th December 2011, 06:10 AM |#115  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 1,084

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eybee1970

which glow effect you're talking about? Overglow is build in - can you point me to other 'glow'? Also animations are part of the ROM - I can build in more or provide seperate uupdate package if you'd also point me to that.

I like your overglow color but i change to white cause for my taste is better combining with ICS (Android 4.0) animations which i found in kitchen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfractal

Can you confirm that with wifi on without any power management apps you are losing 1% an hour or so? How much would you lose over a night?
This is really interesting because on stock rom anyone I talked to said the same thing - wifi kills note's battery.
Do we have a solution to the problem then?

You can try to change wifi policy in wifi advange settings to close when screen off so wifi dont running all time in backround.
9th December 2011, 08:07 AM |#116  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
@iivuch here is the post with download link to abyss v1.5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...362424&page=27

@mfractal I can confirm that I haven't been using any power management apps. Overnight (6.5 hours) with wifi ON I have lost 7% battery which is a pretty good result. But you have to remember that when it comes to battery you have to be very careful when judging its drainage as it depends on the apps and services you have installed. In my case I was trying not to install anything that might require a constant internet connection. I only have facebook and gmail plus I think weather app that updates itself every hour. I bet there are some google/android services running in the background that require such connection. I still have to crack the BetterBatteryStats screenshots to find out.
As for the stock rom and battery drain I've notice that when I flashed stock KK9 over original KJ4 that phone was purchased with, the battery improved a lot. But now it is even better with RocketROM + Abyss 1.5! Thanks to eybee1970 and angelom
Btw. here are some screenshots from cpuspy and BetterBatteryStats
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20111209-065512.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	810503   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20111209-065521.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	810504   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20111209-065533.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	810505   Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20111209-065607.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	810506  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to verisae For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift verisae Ad-Free
9th December 2011, 08:11 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
I may have spoken too soon about my excellent battery life .. So I am running v5. During my sleep - 7h, battery went down only 3% - great. In the morning, quickly checked e-mails using WiFi .. so it was about 5 min activity which burned 10% of my battery .. I have the Battery Monitor Widget ... The value during the night was about 12mA, in the morning it was keeping steady on 170mA even with screen off.

I am coming to Gnote from an HD2 running Android from an SD card. I constantly had battery consumption of about 6mA on standby. Is this something not-achievable in Gnote .. ?

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Quote:

@iivuch here is the post with download link to abyss v1.5

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...362424&page=27

Thanks! They should really change the title of their posting when updating ...
9th December 2011, 08:27 AM |#118  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Anyone facing market app force closing?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium
9th December 2011, 08:29 AM |#119  
Flag moscow
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Dear, as you can lay out a separate file "Remove SMS on Call Log"?
9th December 2011, 08:33 AM |#120  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iivuch

I may have spoken too soon about my excellent battery life .. So I am running v5. During my sleep - 7h, battery went down only 3% - great. In the morning, quickly checked e-mails using WiFi .. so it was about 5 min activity which burned 10% of my battery .. I have the Battery Monitor Widget ... The value during the night was about 12mA, in the morning it was keeping steady on 170mA even with screen off.

I am coming to Gnote from an HD2 running Android from an SD card. I constantly had battery consumption of about 6mA on standby. Is this something not-achievable in Gnote .. ?

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

Thanks! They should really change the title of their posting when updating ...

GNote does not have power measurement build in, so your mA-results are useless.....
9th December 2011, 08:37 AM |#121  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 21

More
---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGSunny12

I'm running setcpu at 1.7GHz!

Thanks, what governor are you using?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
sprintuser swallows
Previous Thread Next Thread