HTC P4300 Business Edition ROM CE OS 5.2.1622 Build 18128 AKU 4.4 (updated 6/12/09)

Search This thread

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
This is a 18128.0.4.4 ROM build based on PeterPetrelli's Wizard port of the AT&T 8525 WM6 ROM. It is a mix of old and new components, so if you don't like old stuff, you may not want to flash it. It is not built using the Hypercore kitchen (Tadzio's tools) so the ULDR space is still there. The today theme is the wasabi green HTC_default.tsk from the HTC 4350 official ROM along with the same green dialer and comm manager. When you change from or to the HTC theme, you must manually soft reset to change the dialer skin even though you click the "ok" on the dialog box. It's smooth, fast and very stable. The ROM is easily extracted, but I put it together as a factory ROM, so all of the programs are in the OEMAPPS package instead of separate. When you extract it for kitchen use, no OEM-side folders are in the SYS side.

Build 5.2.1622 (18128.0.4.4)
OS Version (edited by me) 3.62.2.3 (Actual is 3.62.502.3)
6 MB Page Pool
49.98 MB ROM available
28.53 MB RAM at start-up

Contains:
HTC Network Wizard
Arcsoft MMS 4.2.8.1
Esemertec Java 20070425.1.1
Adobe Reader
Cyberon Voice Dialer
Bluetooth Explorer
Camera 3.00
Internet Sharing
Remote Desktop
IA Zip
HTC Home 1.6 (not Touch related)
WMP Today Plugin

Not Included:
Windows Live Mobile

3/21 Updates:
Cyberon VSD now works w/BT (.provxml was pointing to wrong file)
Splash screen ROM version changed to 3.62.2.3
Updated to MMS 4.2.8.1

6/28 Updates:
Vista Information Center Updated to show P4300 website
Device name changed to P4300
wifi_init.lnk copied to Startup folder (one touch wifi REALLY solved)
Enters mail setup after flashing extended ROM.
Minor software changes ;)

6/12/09 Updates:
Lockstream DRM modules installed and working
Slight changes to EONS settings
One-Note Mobile removed
HTC ringtones added

Recommended add-ons:
WM5 New Menu
HTC Home Plugin (Touch)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This .rar file contains the nk.nbf file only and is safe for unlocked G3 and G4 devices.

3/21/08 Version: http://rapidshare.com/files/101378214/nk.rar.html CVD ROM (Password: achilles)
3/21/08 Version: http://rapidshare.com/files/102247990/nk.rar.html No CVD ROM (no password needed)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6/28/08 Version: http://rapidshare.com/files/125390315/nk.nbf.html

6/12/09 Final Update: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WKF17M0Z (RUU included)

Attachments

• Screen004.png
    Screen004.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 3,360
  • WM5NewMenu.CAB
    121 KB · Views: 516
Last edited:

sids911

Apr 15, 2006
Wow! Stable and fast is what I am looking for...and a mod releasing it, it should be SUPER!

Downloading it right now. Btw, any screenshots?

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
Mods ain't gods. I will do my best to sassify...

I'm going to moderate this thread pretty heavily. If your post was deleted, it was because it did not contain a question or feedback. Please download, try, then post. Thanks!

Last edited:

musungus77

May 31, 2006
Here's another boring release to be flame fodder. This is a 18128.0.4.4 ROM build based on PeterPetrelli's Wizard port of the AT&T 8525 ROM. It is a mix of old and new components to it, so if you don't like old stuff, you may not want to flash it. It is not built using the Hypercore kitchen so it doesn't have the extra space. The today theme is the wasabi green HTC_default.tsk along with the green dialer and comm manager. When you change the theme, you must manually soft reset to change the dialer even though you click the "ok" on the dialog box. It's smooth, fast and stable. The ROM is easily extracted, but I put it together as a factory ROM, so all of the programs are in the OEMAPPS package instead of separate. When you extract it for kitchen use, no OEM-side folders are in the SYS side.

Build 5.2.18128 (AKU 4.4)
OS Version (edited by me) 3.62.2.1 (Actual is 3.62.502.3)
6 MB Page Pool

Contains:
VoIP
Arcsoft MMS 4.0.31.21
Esemertec Java 20070425.1.1
Adobe Reader
Cyberon Voice Dialer
Bluetooth Explorer
Camera 3.00
Internet Sharing
IA Zip
HTC Home 1.6 (not Touch related)
WMP Today Plugin

Not Included:
Windows Live Mobile

I originally included Sprite Backup HTC edition as well as Network Wizard, but one can be construed as warez even though it's found in the factory Tilt ROM and the other acts funny when installed as a package.

This .rar file contains the nk.nbf file only and is safe for G3 and G4 devices.

Link

Password: achilles

aku4.4?????????????????????????
what's this?????????????????????
don't know!

epimazzo

Oct 27, 2006
São Paulo
www.cyclicus.io
Hey jwzg!

Always been around with new surprises, don't ya?:p
I've just installed this build and up to now, no complains. Really smooth, stable and fast as mentioned!
I also already dumped to start cooking over it. Let you know how was it after flashing...but it seems ok. I got OEM, XIP, SYS all together.

Thanks for sharing...;)

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
AKU 4.4 is the adaptation kit upgrade used for the Kaiser and Hermes WM6 ROM's. It's not meant for the Wiz, but it is the most stable, ported base ROM there is.

epiamazzo, I'm glad you're giving this a whirl. I've had this ROM in .308 build sitting on my old laptop for almost a year. It was on my old Qtek 9100 when I lost it leaving China. I just brought over all of the OEM files and tweaked the .dsm files so everything would be in the right place if someone decided to cook it. The only thing missing is the Lockstream DRM files, and I don't think anyone knows how to make those work outside of their original ROM.

UPDATE: I'm going to put the Network Wizard back in, since I finally got it to work. I'll upload it in a day or two, but everything else should stay the same.

D

Deleted member 804010

I downloaded and flashed last night

No issues to report, the items I use, wi-fi,sms, phone, you know - the basics, are working very well. Bluetooth works also

Quick and reliable - thank you

Installed pocketcm, thumbcal,srs wow,tcpmp - everything works

ndn715

Nov 7, 2006
Seattle
UPDATE: I'm going to put the Network Wizard back in, since I finally got it to work. I'll upload it in a day or two, but everything else should stay the same.

jwzg, if you're going to upload a new version, the only thing i noticed was that devauth and sqm could probably be removed. i made my own already, but for others :)

very nice base! glad to see not everything now is 6.1 :D btw, i don't understand how its 18128 if the rom reports 1622... i imagine that its because of the merging...

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
very nice base! glad to see not everything now is 6.1 :D btw, i don't understand how its 18128 if the rom reports 1622... i imagine that its because of the merging...

The ROM upgrade for the Hermes has that OS and build number. I just flashed one last week. The XIP was ported by PP and the drivers are taken directly from the .308 build. There wasn't much else done. Either way, it's still one of the best ROM's I've run for quickness and stability. Kind of a businessman's ROM.

james squire

Jan 16, 2008
Is this WM5? I do realise that its posted on WM6 section... but I thought that AKU 3.3 was the latest WM5... so I'm wondering...

When they finish video my thoughts today we see aku 3.5.2. If only missing default oem folder luckily defy the others with more, but never won truly port. Uses no point half official half hermes also damage.

Friendly yesterday tell say maybe aku 0.4.4 but stupid care difference not us.

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
When they finish video my thoughts today we see aku 3.5.2. If only missing default oem folder luckily defy the others with more, but never won truly port. Uses no point half official half hermes also damage.

Friendly yesterday tell say maybe aku 0.4.4 but stupid care difference not us.

Perhaps you're as think as you drunk we are.

That's a hell of a first post folks!

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
I'm pulling the VoIP packages from the ROM for now. It seems that everything connects, but I can't seem to get audio from the speaker. I don't know what's causing it, but this is not an issue with .308 build. Network Wizard is back in and working. Other than that, no changes.

souljah777

Apr 11, 2007
Nottingham
I downloaded the file but when I try to extract the file I'm asked for a password. I'm using 7-Zip to extract. Any ideas?

Thanks bwesty; I'll get my coat :-(

Last edited:

bwesty

Jan 29, 2007
I downloaded the file but when I try to extract the file I'm asked for a password. I'm using 7-Zip to extract. Any ideas?

Maybe you should read the first post.....

This is easily the most stable rom since the Ingenetics / 318 build. I'm so impressed by how stable and responsive this rom is. I have yet to find a single bug in this rom. This is definitely a keeper in terms of wizard roms.

Keep up the good work jwzg.

peter petrelli

May 2, 2007
I can't believe people are wasting their time with 6.1 builds when we have solid official base roms such as this. Likewise I can't believe that more people havent tried this rom. That's terribly disappointing. One unmentionable 6.1 thread on this forum has near enough to 800 posts on it, almost all of them issues with the rom. People would rather have a bug infested 'latest' build than something as solid as this. I will never understand that. I just shake my head.

jwzg, you have done an awesome job with this rom. It has to be the most stable wizard rom that I have seen. It's simplicity with no bugs for the businessman that adore stability.

Either way, it's still one of the best ROM's I've run for quickness and stability. Kind of a businessman's ROM.

Couldn't agree with you more. You've done such a great job with this rom. Worthy of a signature change.

jwzg

Retired Senior Moderator
Jan 31, 2006
Prattville, AL
PP I'm awfully flattered. I still have a few bugs to get out including a non-working BT activation of VSD (I think). I'd like to see a bit more beta testing on some of these 6.1 ROMS, but we'll never know the limits unless they are pushed.

RedCastle

Mar 16, 2007
East Cooast
I was wondering few things before I flash this rom.

1. Does it have micro office?
2. is there a way to get the sms/mms to thread like in the 6.1 rom?

How are the reports on blue tooth? any dropped or missed connections? Right now i'm trying a 6.1 rom and it drops my headset and i have to restart blue tooth and head set...