How can I uninstall system apps without rooting the phone (Samsung Galaxy S2)

Search This thread

karbre

Dec 6, 2011
Pinkafeld
Ladies and gentlemen,

I want to uninstall unused/ preinsalled apps. Is there a way to do this without rooting my Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)?

Kind regards
karbre

karbre

Dec 6, 2011
Pinkafeld
Ok. Thanks.

what's your opinion:
I want to install a
- a downgraded system with all necessary things (libs etc.)
- one (best) app for one task (like ubuntu you have one mail-app, one browser etc.)
- a goodlooking theme
- fast and smooth
- stable and popular

what are my next steps to "root" my phone? Is there any howto or tutorial to do this in a easy way?
Thanks in advance!
karbre

Last edited:

Bushido76

Oct 29, 2010
Ok. Thanks.

what's your opinion:
- one (best) app for one task (like ubuntu you have one mail-app, one browser etc.)
- a goodlooking theme
- fast and smooth
- stable and popular

Thanks in advance!
karbre

Hey karbre,

in my eyes there are two possibilities:
1) root your stock ROM and uninstall apps and apply a new theme (take care that you are using the right theme version [an odexed one for stock roms])
2) use a custom ROM

Bushido

Reactions: karbre

karbre

Dec 6, 2011
Pinkafeld
Thanks Bushido76!

you are a keen user. Can you send me some links where I can find a howto or a step by step tutorial
to root my phone?

Which apps recommends you for installing a Custom ROM
- email
- browsing
- notes/ task
- photos/ videos editing
- calendar
- music/ video player
- office

and which kernel?

Thanks.

Bushido76

Oct 29, 2010
Thanks Bushido76!

you are a keen user. Can you send me some links where I can find a howto or a step by step tutorial
to root my phone?

- email
- browsing
- notes/ task
- photos/ videos editing
- calendar
- music/ video player
- office

and which kernel?

Thanks.

Hey karbre,

the fastest way to root your phone is to flash a root-kernel - i.e. the CF-root kernel:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399

You just have to download the right verision for your rom and to flash via ODIN.

Most custom roms come with a special set of applications for the most important activities. Some samsung apps are really good - but noone needs all the apps which come with the stock rom. ;)

Bushido

karbre

Dec 6, 2011
Pinkafeld
@ AllGamer
Ok. Thanks, but I have several kind of questions so I thought that I put my post into general questions.

Bushido76 sent me a very helpful link.

my next question is:
Can I do all this things out of my MacBook? What's ODIN etc. and where I can get this "major god in Norse mythology"? ;-)

Thanks in advance!
karbre

Last edited:

Bushido76

Oct 29, 2010
@ AllGamer
Ok. Thanks, but I have several kind of questions so I thought that I put my post into general questions.

my next question is:
Can I do all this things out of my MacBook? What's ODIN etc. and where I can get this "major god in Norse mythology"? ;-)

Thanks in advance!
karbre

Hey karbre,

there is more than one god in the Norse mythology... :D

Use ODIN with Windows and HEIMDALL with OS X... ;)

Have a look at this thread:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365805

Allgamer is right - your questions are related to the i9100. You can find the dedicated Q&A-thread here:
http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1148

Bushido

karbre

Dec 6, 2011
Pinkafeld
Ok.

What do you think about superoneclick to root my phone. Is it possible to unroot (restore) my phone again?

I will root it and lose my virginity! Should I post a quote from Steve Jobs "Navy and pirate"?

Sincerly
karbre

Bushido76

Oct 29, 2010
Ok.

What do you think about superoneclick to root my phone. Is it possible to unroot (restore) my phone again?

I will root it and lose my virginity! Should I post a quote from Steve Jobs "Navy and pirate"?

Sincerly
karbre

Hey karbre,

I haven't found the SII on the SuperOneClick compatibility list. That's why it could be better to use S2root:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1125414

But I still suggest to flash a custom (root) kernel, because some kernels provide additional functions like overclocking or undervolting.

Bushido

Last edited:

Bushido76

Oct 29, 2010
Thanks Bushido76!

What are the next steps after rooting? Which folders I have to backup? Can I also use z4root for rooting my "black beauty"?

Thanks in advance!
karbre

Hey kabre,

after rooting it is recommended to make a backup of your efs-folder (imei, product code). You can use the ktool from the android market to create an image backup. To be completely sure I always make a simple file backup of this folder too.

I have no experince with z4root on the SII. I think S2root is the more "up to date"-application. ;)

Bushido

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and gentlemen,

I want to uninstall unused/ preinsalled apps. Is there a way to do this without rooting my Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100)?

Kind regards
    karbre

Hey karbre,

you won't get around rooting your phone. ;)

Bushido
    Ladies and gentlemen,

Kind regards
    karbre

Nope. You need root. :(

Sent from my Vibrant running ICS
    Ok. Thanks.

what's your opinion:
    - a goodlooking theme
    - fast and smooth
    - stable and popular

Thanks in advance!
    karbre

Hey karbre,

in my eyes there are two possibilities:
    1) root your stock ROM and uninstall apps and apply a new theme (take care that you are using the right theme version [an odexed one for stock roms])
    2) use a custom ROM

Bushido
    Thanks Bushido76!

to root my phone?

- email
    - browsing
    - notes/ task
    - photos/ videos editing
    - calendar
    - music/ video player
    - office

and which kernel?

Thanks.

Hey karbre,

the fastest way to root your phone is to flash a root-kernel - i.e. the CF-root kernel:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1103399

You just have to download the right verision for your rom and to flash via ODIN.

Most custom roms come with a special set of applications for the most important activities. Some samsung apps are really good - but noone needs all the apps which come with the stock rom. ;)

Bushido
    @ AllGamer

my next question is:

Thanks in advance!
    karbre

Hey karbre,

there is more than one god in the Norse mythology... :D

Use ODIN with Windows and HEIMDALL with OS X... ;)

Have a look at this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1365805

Allgamer is right - your questions are related to the i9100. You can find the dedicated Q&A-thread here:
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1148

Bushido