2000mah Battery Options for AT&T Galaxy SII

Search This thread

bkai

Apr 10, 2009
What about this one?

Amazon: SkyTouch 3400 mAh Back Door Cover Extented Battery for AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II i777 -Black

:D It doesn't look to be NFC but does that even matter right now? I don't believe AT&T supports NFC yet, only Sprint.

Attachments

• 41sULvAt5zL._SS400_.jpg
    41sULvAt5zL._SS400_.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 571

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
OK just got my 2000mah battery today. The KOREAN version w/ NFC.

Modded the new cover (had to take off some of the tabs with my dremel) and everything works great

Very pleased.

Fox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
Post some pictures please. Will follow suit if simple enough.

in the I9100 threads there is a very detailed post on exactly how to mod the Korean cover.

if you dont have any use for the NFC. then the International version should work fine and that cover should snap right on no mods needed.

another thought that crossed my mind was to buy both (Korean and International) and use Korean battery with International Cover.

I will try to fint the Link if i can.

EDIT: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239719&page=78

Post #777

Fox.

Last edited:

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
is ebay the only source to buy the 2000mah samsung battery?

i dont really care about nfc. so the ones listed as i9100 is ok to use on our i777?

As far as i know, yes the non-NFC battery should function fine. however i have not looked into in great detail because I really want NFC.

and no there are many supplies listed on the I9100 forum, but ebay is your best bet. be sure to read that forum so you know how to tell which battery you are buying.

Fox.

Reactions: polobreaka

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
Which battery is compatible? I want NFC.. I can probably mod the tabs if the back cover actually fits our phone...

edit: Here's the ones I found on eBay, not sure which has NFC or not
1) US Seller: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-200...ccessories&hash=item256a41e8bd#ht_1748wt_1139
2) International: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-SAM...ccessories&hash=item3cbed6b7e0#ht_4081wt_1037

Option 2 for sure, the orange sticker on the package denotes that its the Korean version.

Fox.

audiophan

Jul 5, 2011
To clarify - international version works with the stock back cover but no NFC and most importantly no boot loops which I've been reading about?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
To clarify - international version works with the stock back cover but no NFC and most importantly no boot loops which I've been reading about?

It's not that it works with the stock back cover but the new cover will snap right on without modifications. And I've had the Korean version in for a few days now. I'm on my second charge cycle with no boot loops.

12hrs11min at 61% light to moderate use today

Running UnNamed 2.0 and DD 12/12

Fox.

Reactions: audiophan

alex72

Is it possible to buy just a "extended" cover of International version. If not, meybe we should ask sellers from eBay who are selling 2000mah batteries and covers together to get some extra covers

Monsterfox50

May 9, 2011
Is it possible to buy just a "extended" cover of International version. If not, meybe we should ask sellers from eBay who are selling 2000mah batteries and covers together to get some extra covers

So far I have not found, or seen anyone that has found just the cover by its self. But asking the sell is an interesting idea indeed.

Fox.

Top Liked Posts