[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

holeindalip

Dec 27, 2010
central Il
Try downloading and flashing again it was probably a bad download, i recieve the same error as you in cwr!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

xcaliburinhand

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2010
Couple things to report from my 1st morning on this kernel:

1) Two reboots when receiving a text. Phone freezes about a minute then reboots itself. Battery drops precipitously when this happens.
2) In recovery, this error appears: "E:Missing bitmap icon_clockwork (Code -1)" and there's no CWM image in the background.

Any thoughts/ideas? Would love to stay on this kernel b/c ChanceM's modded S7 version was really stable for me...

For #1, as holeindalip suggested, try re-flashing, sounds like a bad flash.

For #2, I noticed this after uploading the recent version, it is a minor bug and won't cause any problems. Should be resolved in the next release.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

edtonn

Aug 22, 2010
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
Try downloading and flashing again it was probably a bad download, i recieve the same error as you in cwr!

For #2, I noticed this after uploading the recent version, it is a minor bug and won't cause any problems. Should be resolved in the next release.

Thanks for the quick responses. If the freeze/reboot issue happens again I'll reflash. Didn't think the image issue would be a problem, but hadn't seen it reported at least.

pkadavid

May 12, 2011
Austin, TX
I flashed the xcal modem today, but I can't find the lagfix options in the recovery menu. I flashed the version with BLN and lagfix support.

What am I missing?

silverslotcar

Sep 20, 2010
Hopefully you meant the Xcal kernel and not modem. Haha And download Voodoo Control App from the market to check lagfix status.

apparition

Aug 18, 2010
I, too, got a reboot when I received a msg. My screen was off, then it came on so I could swipe at the lockscreen to check the messgae, then it rebooted. Sgs2 locksreen on apex10

edtonn

Aug 22, 2010
Atlanta, GA
twitter.com
I, too, got a reboot when I received a msg. My screen was off, then it came on so I could swipe at the lockscreen to check the messgae, then it rebooted. Sgs2 locksreen on apex10

Had it happen a couple other times after re-flashing, but with Navigation (which, to be fair, has happened several times on any kernel), messaging, facebook, xda.

Got great battery life though...moderate use throughout the day, unplugged around 7am and was around 35-40% last night around 11pm.

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
xcal would be possible to include the incall proximity fix on the next release? the one on talon would be great to have that on stock kernel

smully1

Dec 29, 2010
Fayetteville, AR
Do you ever work on captivate kernels? I've been testing some of the captivate based roms and your i9000 reoriented kernels always worked best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

shane87

Jan 11, 2011
Waynesburg, KY
Google Pixel 6
Do you ever work on captivate kernels? I've been testing some of the captivate based roms and your i9000 reoriented kernels always worked best.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

If you are running i897 gingerbread, then no one can work on those kernels. Not until at&t/samsung releases source code. I wish they would hurry up!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897

geokilla

Jun 5, 2010
Toronto
Xcal can you create an updated home button fix? The JVB one doesn't seem to work for me. I'm trying to use it with the Hybrid JVT 5.0 ROM from the i9000 thread.

jgaviota

Jan 4, 2008
Has anyone tried this kernel with JVZ or JW1?

Can v3 kernel be repackaged with the newest initramfs, and if so how?

Thanks!

jgaviota

Jan 4, 2008
Please do release a JW1 or JVZ one, and THANKS for your support!

Would you ever release a tutorial on how to do these modifications? I really should get back to work though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts