[App] Flashlight Notifier

Search This thread

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Flashlight Notifier
attachment.php

Flashlight Notifier is a simple application that allows you to use your camera LED as a notification LED! Can be used with ANY application!

I have only been able to test this on a small handful of handsets so if it doesn't work for you don't fret!, give me a small reply in this thread and i will do what i can to get your device supported!

DOWNLOAD!

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 14,172
  • shot_Dec_09_2011_0.jpg
    shot_Dec_09_2011_0.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 14,146
  • shot_Dec_09_2011_1.jpg
    shot_Dec_09_2011_1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 14,116

britoso

Jan 13, 2010
Orlando
I've been using flashlight alerts by rdude (another xda member), I'll try yours too!

edit: I get it now, Yours is for Application alerts, not just for calls/messages like the other one.

Last edited:

punshkin

Jan 6, 2010
i have been waiting for such an App ever since i got my i9100 where i started missing the notification LED from my G1
this it 100times better

/edit i didn´t know the app from rdude but it has only limited application supported. This app even does WhatsApp, E-Mail clients and whatever i want

Last edited:

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
I've been using flashlight alerts by rdude (another xda member), I'll try yours too!

edit: I get it now, Yours is for Application alerts, not just for calls/messages like the other one.

Correct, in the future i plan to add support for calls specifically(to flash as calls come in), but specific support for other applications will not be pursued as I believe the current system is sufficient.

I am always open to ideas tho! :)

As always, jugs, very nice work!

i have been waiting for such an App ever since i got my i9100 where i started missing the notification LED from my G1
this it 100times better

/edit i didn´t know the app from rdude but it has only limited application supported. This app even does WhatsApp, E-Mail clients and whatever i want

Correct, this works of system notifications(anyone that is displayed in the notification bar). So any application with a status bar notification is supported.

Hmm... Looks like it's not working on the LG Doubleplay. Awesome idea btw! thanks for the app.

Sad to hear that, i have a LG Nitro HD and it does work with it. I can try and alter the way the flash is initiated(because it is know to be spotty between devices). When i have something i will send it to you :).

Reactions: Zoidpilot

NguyenHuu

Nov 14, 2007
California
Is it possible or is it already in the donate version, options for setting light intensity so not to be so bright? It would be great to set it on low, so you can see it pulse and not blinding you by flashing at full power intensity.

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
SWEET APP! thank you for this i soooo bought the donte version

Supremly transmikked! Sense in disguise

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Is it possible or is it already in the donate version, options for setting light intensity so not to be so bright? It would be great to set it on low, so you can see it pulse and not blinding you by flashing at full power intensity.

I have looked into this because yes it can be EXTREMELY bright. I have not found a way to control the brightness yet but i am actively look into this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You for your support! Glad you like it! If you have any suggestions i am always open to them :).

Reactions: NguyenHuu

walda

Apr 2, 2010
Hey,
Testing it and i saw that the memory used in running services is at 47 MB in my case.

Is it necessary to keep the whole app list in memory?

... tapat*lked

oatterzonxda

Jan 29, 2009
Los Angeles
What an awesome idea for notifications!

Suggestion: Time settings. So this thing doesnt wake people up when they get a junk email at 3AM.

This doesnt work on my Galaxy Nexus :( I'd be forever grateful if you add Galaxy Nexus support! :)

jug6ernaut

Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
Hey,
Testing it and i saw that the memory used in running services is at 47 MB in my case.

Is it necessary to keep the whole app list in memory?

... tapat*lked

Wow i have never noticed this, i will have to determine why, even with the WHOLE list in memory it should not be that high, it is possible if you alternate between show system & not that the memory is not being cleared. Ether way i will fix this because that is quite ridiculous lol.

What an awesome idea for notifications!

Suggestion: Time settings. So this thing doesnt wake people up when they get a junk email at 3AM.

This doesnt work on my Galaxy Nexus :( I'd be forever grateful if you add Galaxy Nexus support! :)

That is actually my exact next feature to add on my list! As for Galaxy Nexus I do not know if i will be able to or not, but i definitely will work towards it though. I get my GN in some time next week i should know pretty soon after that :). Right now i believe its an issue with ICS but i should get it worked out.

Not working on Nexus S stock ICS

Look at above comment :)

isnt working on my samsung galaxy ace =(

Could you elaborate a little? Is it simply not flashing or some other issue/error?

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
App list on HTC wildfire needs resizing :s

Will test if it works now

xIbnpYNh

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashlight Notifier
    attachment.php

Flashlight Notifier is a simple application that allows you to use your camera LED as a notification LED! Can be used with ANY application!

I have only been able to test this on a small handful of handsets so if it doesn't work for you don't fret!, give me a small reply in this thread and i will do what i can to get your device supported!

DOWNLOAD!

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Uninstalled and reinstalled, now pro version works fine:)

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

Good to hear!

Ok everyone, here is (hopefully) the next release.

This includes..

New UI
    "Default Settings" that apply to enabled apps unless overwritten.
    new "Missed Call" support. Found in Default Settings.

Correct, in the future i plan to add support for calls specifically(to flash as calls come in), but specific support for other applications will not be pursued as I believe the current system is sufficient.

I am always open to ideas tho! :)

this it 100times better

Correct, this works of system notifications(anyone that is displayed in the notification bar). So any application with a status bar notification is supported.

Hmm... Looks like it's not working on the LG Doubleplay. Awesome idea btw! thanks for the app.

Sad to hear that, i have a LG Nitro HD and it does work with it. I can try and alter the way the flash is initiated(because it is know to be spotty between devices). When i have something i will send it to you :).

I have looked into this because yes it can be EXTREMELY bright. I have not found a way to control the brightness yet but i am actively look into this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank You for your support! Glad you like it! If you have any suggestions i am always open to them :).