Just got OTA 4.0.2.

Search This thread

bergqvistjl

Aug 17, 2010
UK GSM user here (Google Yakju build) came through as a surprise (mainly because I haven't been keeping up with the news) this morning, and it updated flawlessly, no problems with my unlocked bootloader or superuser, still worked fine as before :)

Reactions: offenberg

ref1ux

Aug 21, 2009
Ok, so I have had this OTA update notification twice since yesterday. Every time, the update downloads and prompts me to install fine. But when I go ahead, it starts to install and then hangs at the Android exclamation mark. Only a battery pull can get me out of this.

I'm currently running a stock F build flashed through CWM with no root... wondering what's wrong?

Scottatron

Dec 17, 2011
Melbourne
Awesome, now how the hell do I apply it? The update I mean :)

Edit: Via Bootloader/recovery, it says the update should be in /cache - but unfortunately can't paste the update file in there via the handset :(

Last edited:

TorontoR

May 13, 2008
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Ok, so I have had this OTA update notification twice since yesterday. Every time, the update downloads and prompts me to install fine. But when I go ahead, it starts to install and then hangs at the Android exclamation mark. Only a battery pull can get me out of this.

I'm currently running a stock F build flashed through CWM with no root... wondering what's wrong?

you need to have the original bootloader to install the OTA update. Can't work via CWM unless you manually install

DerUntergang

Dec 3, 2011
I'm in Thailand, import my nexus from handtec. Still waiting for the update !!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

syphern

Jun 11, 2008
I have stock yatju original boot loader and not unlocked can I update manually its taking too long here in the UK!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

erbain

Aug 30, 2009
Thanks for that. Intrigued if you worked that out or knew the link?! :D

I've already had the update notification but not yet applied it, I'm running Paul's MCR ROM so I'll probably wait for him to update that. Anyway the update file was sitting in my cache folder with the same name it has on android.clients.google.com.

Edit: looking at the file name the first and last part of the name are the start of the files SHA1, unfortunately this makes it next to impossible to work out the URL without already having the file (or it's sha1).

Last edited:

marky9074

Dec 23, 2010
Maidstone
I've already had the update notification but not yet applied it, I'm running Paul's MCR ROM so I'll probably wait for him to update that. Anyway the update file was sitting in my cache folder with the same name it has on android.clients.google.com.

Edit: looking at the file name the first and last part of the name are the start of the files SHA1, unfortunately this makes it next to impossible to work out the URL without already having the file (or it's sha1).

Ahh well wishful thinking!

For anybody wanting to do this manually without CWM:

Rename it to update.zip
Copy it to /cache
Power off the device, hold Volume Up & Down and Power to reboot into the bootloader
Select "recovery" then hit the power button
Once the warning triangle appears, hold the power button and hit volume up
Select "apply update from /sdcard" and choose the update.zip
Once the process is finished, simply choose "reboot system now"

Reactions: wendellc

apratomo

Mar 22, 2007
Jakarta
but this would still require root access right? How else you can copy file to cache?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh how I wish someone would capture the location of the download file.

I am yet to receive my OTA :(

Try This : http://android.clients.google.com/p....signed-yakju-ICL53F-from-ITL41F.1955a56d.zip
    Well, maybe someone can shed some light on this?
    I accepted the download, it downloaded. Then it said, cannot install as battery too low, connect charger. No problem. I connected the charger and the "restart and install" button appeared. Great.
    I hit it. Phone restarted as per normal. 4.0.1. No updates available. Your phone is up to date. It looks like its dropped through the cracks somewhere. Or maybe it is waiting for my phone charge to reach a certain charge percentage before actioning the ipdate. Maybe 75% charged or somethingi n case there was a power failure or something.
    Well, its definitely gone? It downloaded ok. But it never actioned. What folder would it have downloaded to and can I kick it off manually. Phone is 100% charged now, but the update has vanished somewhere.

It downloads to /cache. You could try to manually boot into recovery and install the update from there (assuming it's still in /cache) and you are running the stock recovery.
    After doing research on here and on the web, I think I got this update notification by mistake. I cannot see any other posts about any GSM units getting bumped to 4.0.2. Only LTE Verison handsets seem to have got the update.
    Interestingly though my update was 8mb and the LTE update is 10.

Given that it's flagged by IMEI I doubt this was in error.

JBQ also posted factory images for 4.0.2 for Maguro/Tuna - then stated this was only done for builds heading to consumers.
    I presume you're all using checkin feature too? Not sure if it helps but I had it on when I got my OTA notification for 4.0.2.

*#*#CHECKIN#*#* on the keypad. (obviously type the corresponding numbers for the letters C H E C K I N etc)

It makes sure your IMEI is on the list for OTA.