28th November 2011, 05:27 AM |#341  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMad

still no root for this! Wow...

to get root we have to either descramble firmware, or gain access to jtag/fastboot/whatever to flash custom recovery. since this is CE device with so few ppl actually owning it - no major developers here.
28th November 2011, 07:41 PM |#342  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
boot.img
Quote:
Originally Posted by bftb0

FYI
I dl'ed the (Revue) .zip from the URL twobit posted - the "boot.img" file is in (little-endian) "squashfs" format and unpacks just fine using "unsquashfs" from the (Ubuntu 8.0.04 LTS) squashfs-tools package.
No adbd in sbin/ even though the service is defined - but disabled - in init.rc

To make squashfs of little-endian 3.1 format we can use squash-tools 3.4.1 from this message.
Code:
mksquashfs squashfs-root boot.img -le
Is this the way to make 'rooted' update.zip? All we need is the su and adbd binaries to include in patched boot.img.
29th November 2011, 07:18 AM |#343  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Here is a good deal to get this sony player for $75 if you have a Chase CC with ultimate rewards: link
29th November 2011, 07:33 AM |#344  
Flag Moscow

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATPOC

Is this the way to make 'rooted' update.zip? All we need is the su and adbd binaries to include in patched boot.img.

The problem is that all .tgz files in update.zip should be scrambled in some way for Sony to accept it. And nobody seems to know how.
29th November 2011, 11:51 AM |#345  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglerLKR

The problem is that all .tgz files in update.zip should be scrambled in some way for Sony to accept it. And nobody seems to know how.

I said about Logitech Revue boot.img. Seems it's not encrypted.
12th December 2011, 08:13 PM |#346  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MATPOC

I said about Logitech Revue boot.img. Seems it's not encrypted.

Got Revue HC 3.1 update and discovered that this update is encrypted. Too pity. Let's hope Logitech will open bootloader by user's petition.
12th December 2011, 08:40 PM |#347  
Flag Stavropol, Russia
Thanks Meter: 3

More
OK and that is how Apple TV dies. Hail to the Google TV. I am going to buy a Logitech box if I would find it and if it goes further! That's good,that's really good!
17th December 2011, 01:31 AM |#348  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Is it possible to get ADB access to the Google TV? I have the Sony nsx46gt if it matters.
17th December 2011, 04:53 PM |#349  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Make sure you allow remote debugging on the tv. You have to put the IP in of the computer you are debugging from.

I believe the command is:
adb connect <tv ip address>
The Following User Says Thank You to drhill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift drhill Ad-Free
20th December 2011, 07:12 AM |#350  

More
I get

adb connect 192.168.0.144
unable to parse 192.168.0.144 as <host>:<port>

would be nice to root this sucker so we can possibly get totally unprocessed video
passthrough and enable some features for the picture in picture... right now it sucks, you can't even play a game or watch tv and another input at the same time...
20th December 2011, 11:32 AM |#351  
Flag Youngstown
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by q-killer

I get

adb connect 192.168.0.144
unable to parse 192.168.0.144 as <host>:<port>

would be nice to root this sucker so we can possibly get totally unprocessed video
passthrough and enable some features for the picture in picture... right now it sucks, you can't even play a game or watch tv and another input at the same time...

Yea u can i have my xbox setup as the stb and i keep the xbox on pip all the time as for other inputs theres only one hdmi input
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)