[ROOTED] HTC EXPLORER A310e/PICO

Search This thread

S2TMO-VN

Nov 22, 2011
Ho Chi Minh
Hi, i'm not using this device, just sharing for all u method How to Root HTC EXPLORER A310e/PICO from my friend. He ROOTED SUCCESSFULLY. .
Sorry my English's not good, i'm Vietnamese ;)

>>> Original Link here in Vietnamese: http://mobileworld.vn/forum/showthr...y-HTC-Explorer-Pico-A310e?p=190681#post190681

A -REGISTER HTCDEV

A1- Download & Install this driver - http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

A2- Register an account on http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
U'll receive an email to confirm

A3- Login http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
33.jpg
Check 2 boxes:
44.jpg

B - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

DOWNLOAD ALL FILES HERE

B1- Turn OFF power > Remove Battery > Load it again
Unlock_1b.png

B2- Press & Hold Volume Down + Press Power until display S-OFF screen like image below:

55.jpg

B3- Select Fastboot (By press Volume Up/Down to select, Power to confirm)
Unlock_3b.png

B4- Connect Phone to PC via USB Cable. DON'T PRESS ANY.

B5- Create a new folder in C: C:/Android & Copy 3 files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe to C:/Android/

B6- Start > Run > cmd
step6.png

step8.jpg

B7- Copy CODE as image below by Right-click > Mark. Copy from <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> line to <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>
77.jpg

And Go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3 , then Paste CODE into box & Submit
10.jpg

B8- HTCDev will send to u an email which contained a Unlock_code.bin file, download this one & Copy to C:/Android/
12.jpg

B9- Open cmd >type this: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
13.jpg

At this time, On phone will be appeared this: SELECT YES
step13.jpg

Ok, Done, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER SUCCESSFULLY, Go to ROOT :)

ROOT

A1- Copy SuperUser.Zip into SDCard then Turn OFF Power > Replace Battery > Load it again. Then Press & Hold Volume DOWN + Press Power key to load S-OFF. Then Run Fastboot > Connect to PC via USB Cable.

A2- Run recovery.bat file, waiting a moment until appear this:
66.jpg

A3- Press Volume Down > Select Recovery:
This's Recovery screen:
tumblr_l7wod1Dpi81qdw5hpo1_400.png

A4- Select Install zip from sdcard > Chose Superuser zip
tumblr_l7wod1Dpi81qdw5hpo1_400-1.png

root2.jpg
Processing.....
android_custom.jpg

Wait untill appear ''Install complete'' > Select Reboot system now.

Now, last step, drink a coffee & enjoys!!!!!:D. YOUR HTC EXPLORER IS ROOTED!!!!

20111211171515.jpg

GOODLUCK ALL!

Last edited:

jaggyjags

Dec 8, 2011
Murcia
IMPORTANT NOTE: wifi error and solution!!

Be aware WIfi conexion won´t work with that method after rooting (at least 4 known cases and me).

I had to install .zip custom ROM for it to work, here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RC9EE9Z

it's the only one until now for HTC explorer so has some limitations: only english and chinese languaje, has a few preinstalled apps in chinese, and no android market, install it yourself and don't forget to do a complete reboot of phone (untick fast reboot option) to prevent market from crashing when trying to download any app.

Note that you are free to modify preinstaled apps adding and deleting files inside the .zip (system/app/) and will be installed in the "rom memory" not internal one :)
be carefull not to delete important system apps but there are many widgets and stuff not needed

and yes, we need a BOX for HTC explorer!! :)

Last edited:

ivanmemento

May 28, 2010
some info

hi, im italian user, i was watching the post to understand how to root my explorer, but i'm not so good with english and this is very complicated for me, some words are different and i don understand so i dont want to be wrong, something like need box htc, i'm not sure, and in italy is revealed that with this method they banned your phone from warranty, can someone help me or is there another way to root this phone? im in your hand, all italy is seeking for this root...here is the best and the only way to do...

thanks a lot

ivan

SLiviuD

Dec 13, 2011
@ivanmemento 'needs a new box' probably means a new subforum needs to be created for htc explorer. im not sure tho.
i dont thik there is a way you could root without voiding your warranty.thats one of the usual disadvantages of rooting.

ivanmemento

May 28, 2010
re info

thanks to the explanation, i know about the warranty all my phones are h.ak..ed and rom substitution, and i know about something that can happens if there is a problem but in these chase i mean that if you give them the serial, is different because they can find your phone in their database/black list, and so this is the fact, in other chase like gingerbreak for example, they have nothing in hand to find that you have done something on the phone, it's like if they don't know and if you sent in warranty almost like the factory setting you have more probability to solve evantually problems, but it's ok, my real problem is that i don't want to made errors for the process of rooting, because im not so good both in english and both in codes :) thanks for your response...

hope to find a solution my phone is also brandized so have many software inside that do itself upgrade upload and other stuff that is expensive...

thanks to all

Dec 19, 2011
Can anyone plzzzz help me regarding how to unroot my htc explorer and put back the original stock recovery??? plzz tell me the procedure and also a link to the files required. It would be a great help. plzz.....

ONeill123

Dec 8, 2011
www.droidwiki.org
Maybe u download an official RUU, start it and look in temo filder of pc for a file "rom.zip" Unpack this zip and u find a recovery.img
Then go into fastboot and run following command with the commandline and fasboot.exe:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
The recovery.img must be in the same folder as the fastboot.exe

Reactions: Suyash Srivastava
Dec 19, 2011
Can anyone get me an official rom update or even the original stock recovery.img file for htc explorer/pico......I havent installed any custom rom and still have my original htc explorer rom......I have just installed the clockworkmod recovery and I need to get it UNINSTALLED but for that it requires me to have an official update for htc explorer or the original stock recovery.img itself.....so plzzz if anyone has the required files or any other solution for the problem plzzz help me....

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Maybe u download an official RUU, start it and look in temo filder of pc for a file "rom.zip" Unpack this zip and u find a recovery.img
Then go into fastboot and run following command with the commandline and fasboot.exe:

thanks a ton for the help bro but i am not able to find the exact RUU file for explorer....and when searched for it, the sites had country specified ruu so....i am from India and i dont know weather its there for India so....if u cud plzz help me with that as well.... thanks a lot again....

Last edited:

lfm4ever

Apr 9, 2010
Hi, I found this:

filefactory.com/f/72ab89aee0b699ab/

There are 5 RUU there for htc pico. I extracted the rom.zip file from the europe version and then I tried to install it by recovery. I couldn't install it because the zip was bad. Did I miss something here? Did I do something wrong?

I really want to install the europe version.

Reactions: Suyash Srivastava
Dec 19, 2011
After unrooting my explorer and flashing it with stock recovery I got one more ota in india but when I downloaded it and started installing.....it entered the recovery mode and after 1/4 of the installation it stopped and displayed a phone with a red triangle and an exclamation mark in it.....and when I manually entered recovery it displayed this message "E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command" and when i clicked update from zip it said " Invalid operation " and started rebooting!
So can any one plzzz give me a solution to this....plzzz its urgent...:(:(:(

andresam

Apr 25, 2009
I can confirm this process works for the HTC Explorer (A310b). Once I rooted the device I notice the network SIM lock was gone! :) I was unable to find a custom ROM for this phone. :(

kadji9

Dec 26, 2011
Can anyone please re upload the files

h**p://dl.box.com/dl/1272568280/96f6a371edeaf888aa8bc65ad0c9903d?a=377b4c24f0a13f921e9100440347aa88&m=10.12.30.52,11211&x=1&c=3077da8fa2091152ec7571d81e3d75c9

3 files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe

ONeill123

Dec 8, 2011
www.droidwiki.org
I can confirm this process works for the HTC Explorer (A310b). Once I rooted the device I notice the network SIM lock was gone! :) I was unable to find a custom ROM for this phone. :(

Lol, thats very terrible. For the big brother wfs it give custom roms but no s-off or bootloader unlock yet.
Maybe u must wait a time that the devs from cyanogenmod like built a rom.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using XDA App

ONeill123

Dec 8, 2011
www.droidwiki.org
Can anyone please re upload the files

h**p://dl.box.com/dl/1272568280/96f6a371edeaf888aa8bc65ad0c9903d?a=377b4c24f0a13f921e9100440347aa88&m=10.12.30.52,11211&x=1&c=3077da8fa2091152ec7571d81e3d75c9

3 files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe
This files are in the android sdk.
U find these files with google too. Give it in as search words.

deepaktom

Nov 17, 2011
Chennai
deezthomas.com
The recovery in this tutorial seems to be clockworkmod unlike mine whwre it has a chinese version of it... so if u guys install rom manager, with clockwork mod, why dont u try flashing a rom and let me know what happens... i tried and t requested i hav clockwork mod

ONeill123

Dec 8, 2011
www.droidwiki.org
I have on question to a guy who tried it.
After the unlock, you have still s-on and at the top in hboot an UBLOCKED string, or u have s-off alone, or s-off and the unlocked string?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, i'm not using this device, just sharing for all u method How to Root HTC EXPLORER A310e/PICO from my friend. He ROOTED SUCCESSFULLY. .
    Sorry my English's not good, i'm Vietnamese ;)

>>> Original Link here in Vietnamese: http://mobileworld.vn/forum/showthr...y-HTC-Explorer-Pico-A310e?p=190681#post190681

A -REGISTER HTCDEV

A1- Download & Install this driver - http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe

A2- Register an account on http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
    U'll receive an email to confirm

A3- Login http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader
    33.jpg
    Check 2 boxes:
    44.jpg

B - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER

DOWNLOAD ALL FILES HERE

B1- Turn OFF power > Remove Battery > Load it again
    Unlock_1b.png

B2- Press & Hold Volume Down + Press Power until display S-OFF screen like image below:

55.jpg

B3- Select Fastboot (By press Volume Up/Down to select, Power to confirm)
    Unlock_3b.png

B4- Connect Phone to PC via USB Cable. DON'T PRESS ANY.

B5- Create a new folder in C: C:/Android & Copy 3 files adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll, fastboot.exe to C:/Android/

B6- Start > Run > cmd
    step6.png

step8.jpg

B7- Copy CODE as image below by Right-click > Mark. Copy from <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> line to <<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>
    77.jpg

And Go to http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3 , then Paste CODE into box & Submit
    10.jpg

B8- HTCDev will send to u an email which contained a Unlock_code.bin file, download this one & Copy to C:/Android/
    12.jpg

B9- Open cmd >type this: fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
    13.jpg

At this time, On phone will be appeared this: SELECT YES
    step13.jpg

Ok, Done, UNLOCK BOOTLOADER SUCCESSFULLY, Go to ROOT :)

ROOT

A1- Copy SuperUser.Zip into SDCard then Turn OFF Power > Replace Battery > Load it again. Then Press & Hold Volume DOWN + Press Power key to load S-OFF. Then Run Fastboot > Connect to PC via USB Cable.

A2- Run recovery.bat file, waiting a moment until appear this:
    66.jpg

A3- Press Volume Down > Select Recovery:
    This's Recovery screen:
    tumblr_l7wod1Dpi81qdw5hpo1_400.png

A4- Select Install zip from sdcard > Chose Superuser zip
    tumblr_l7wod1Dpi81qdw5hpo1_400-1.png

root2.jpg
    Processing.....
    android_custom.jpg

Wait untill appear ''Install complete'' > Select Reboot system now.

Now, last step, drink a coffee & enjoys!!!!!:D. YOUR HTC EXPLORER IS ROOTED!!!!

20111211171515.jpg

GOODLUCK ALL!
    IMPORTANT NOTE: wifi error and solution!!

Be aware WIfi conexion won´t work with that method after rooting (at least 4 known cases and me).

I had to install .zip custom ROM for it to work, here it is: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3RC9EE9Z

it's the only one until now for HTC explorer so has some limitations: only english and chinese languaje, has a few preinstalled apps in chinese, and no android market, install it yourself and don't forget to do a complete reboot of phone (untick fast reboot option) to prevent market from crashing when trying to download any app.

Note that you are free to modify preinstaled apps adding and deleting files inside the .zip (system/app/) and will be installed in the "rom memory" not internal one :)
    be carefull not to delete important system apps but there are many widgets and stuff not needed

and yes, we need a BOX for HTC explorer!! :)
    Hi, I found this:

filefactory.com/f/72ab89aee0b699ab/

There are 5 RUU there for htc pico. I extracted the rom.zip file from the europe version and then I tried to install it by recovery. I couldn't install it because the zip was bad. Did I miss something here? Did I do something wrong?

I really want to install the europe version.
    Can anyone tell me whether the wifi error issue is fixed in jaggy rom or not?

In jaggy Rom 3 n 4 dere z no WiFi error.. u can install jaggy Rom n use WiFi / hotspot widout ny problem.. :cool:

Hit :thumbup: if I helped...