GetSPC

Search This thread

h121h

Feb 1, 2008
Is this program only for retrieving the MSL on HTC phones? I've used it on the 6700, and 6800, but it doesn't seem to work on other phones? Is there another program out there that will get the MSL for other phones?

nuguy

Jan 31, 2006
As far as I know it is only for these phones, however I would recommend posting in the forums where people are tweaking the phones in question. I am sure you will get more responces and far more relevant as well.

Good luck!

dkindig

Mar 10, 2008
FYI,

This program will retrieve the MSL for ANY phone given its hex ESN. The algorithm is fixed, so with the correct ESN, you get the correct MSL, regardless of whether it's your phone or not.

However, it may only RUN on the HTC's.

I have used it on my Mogul to decode MSL's for Palm Treo's that we have in use...

Dennis

h121h

Feb 1, 2008
Hmmm.. I'll have to try it out on a Treo and see what I come up with. I've tried it on some Sanyo Katana, and Katana II's but they don't seem to work.
Thanks for the reply's.

drewcam888

Dec 12, 2008
Why would QPST tell me my SPC in not correct? I used GetSPC and I entered the hex number on my phone.

Ignore my previous question I am an idiot.

Last edited:

Joshhayes801

Apr 26, 2010
Ogden, UT
www.uglyduckskateboards.com
Ok

So I am trying to use Getspc on my HTC Hero, I saved it to my phones memory card but when I open it Using ASTRO and I click on GetSPC(ppc 2003) it says ''file type exe not found'' I have been trying to get this crap figured out forever now! Please help me if you can. I have tried everything people said worked for them to get this esn changed and it seems that I just need the msl and I can't seem to get that either. Again I am on the HTC Hero. Thanks.